Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nautical Help

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Right now my swashbuckler is max (Level 65) and has a really bad nautical level, only a mere 36!!!

Any help :(, I always struggle with nautical stuff since I have such a low nautical level

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I try to keep my Nautical Level within 2 levels of my character level. It takes a little more work but any time my level is lower than I like, I attack ships while sailing to my quests till my level is up where I like it.

My suggestion is to go back to Skull Island and work your way up the chain (story line) until you reach ships you have trouble defeating and then go back to the prior area where you didn't have that much trouble. Make sure that you are not boarding them because you will sometimes get ship equipment that you can either use to upgrade your ship or sell to the Bazaar or vendor - whoever will give you the best price..

One thing I had to learn was that certain ship equipment can be used on all ships, so I move the best equipment to my newest ship. Always keep at least one type of ship (Pirate, Monquista, Cool Ranch, MooShu, Royal Navy, etc.) and keep the best equipment on them. That way you will always have some equipment that you can use on your next ship..

Ensign
Jan 28, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on May 25, 2016 wrote:
Right now my swashbuckler is max (Level 65) and has a really bad nautical level, only a mere 36!!!

Any help :(, I always struggle with nautical stuff since I have such a low nautical level
Hey Rachel id be happy to help you in game if we could arrange a meeting somewhere soon I'll just need ur pirates name. Btw you may not remember me but you replied to some of my messages and we were going to meet but I kind of got out of the game and now I'm getting back in with the new update coming out. Once again can't wait to meet you

Tarlac Percy lvl65

Ensign
Apr 07, 2011
My swashbuckler is level 65 too, and has a nautical level of 43,

I guess this is because I used to just try to board ships instead of broadside them.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Another thing you can do is to send out all of your companions Sailin'. You would be surprised just how quickly you can get that nautical level up that way.