Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

4v4 Duels in Spar Chamber Unplayable

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
4v4 PvP in Pirate101 is very fun and there are multiple clans in the game that enjoy playing 4v4. However, for the past 2 years there has been a glitch that has made 4v4 games nearly unplayable. Most of us who frequent the Spar chamber know about it, the infamous Fort Glitch.

So what happens is that 90% of the time, in a 4v4 game, the game glitches causing multiple problems to happen.

When the glitch happens:
  1. Pets and summons do not move. This is the tell sign that your match is glitched. From turn 1 until the rest of the game finishes, pets and summons will stay in place where they spawn.
  2. Forts and other shields never run out. Even if the screen shows the fortress to have run out, you will realize when you attack that you still do half damage to the enemy unit. It is even worse when you have multiple shields on one person, they stay on forever and the person becomes almost unbeatable.

This glitch has been in the game for SO LONG and makes team PvP really frustrating to participate in. Can something be done about this bug please?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex Hawkins on May 8, 2016 wrote:
4v4 PvP in Pirate101 is very fun and there are multiple clans in the game that enjoy playing 4v4. However, for the past 2 years there has been a glitch that has made 4v4 games nearly unplayable. Most of us who frequent the Spar chamber know about it, the infamous Fort Glitch.

So what happens is that 90% of the time, in a 4v4 game, the game glitches causing multiple problems to happen.

When the glitch happens:
  1. Pets and summons do not move. This is the tell sign that your match is glitched. From turn 1 until the rest of the game finishes, pets and summons will stay in place where they spawn.
  2. Forts and other shields never run out. Even if the screen shows the fortress to have run out, you will realize when you attack that you still do half damage to the enemy unit. It is even worse when you have multiple shields on one person, they stay on forever and the person becomes almost unbeatable.

This glitch has been in the game for SO LONG and makes team PvP really frustrating to participate in. Can something be done about this bug please?
Does this glitch also occur in the Smuggler's Cove PVP area?

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
anecorbie on May 8, 2016 wrote:
Does this glitch also occur in the Smuggler's Cove PVP area?
Yes, it does happen in the house 4v4 arena as well. Together with multiple members of EnVy, I tested this a number of times in both the Spar Chamber and Smuggler's Cove using different conditions like not having pets equipped, whether it only happened if red went first, not using any summons, etc.

The only way to avoid the bug seems to be to not do 4v4 at all and just stick to 3v3s, 2v2s and 1v1s. Or not use any shields, which as you can guess, wouldn't make for a very fun match.

I have seen it not happen before. I believe the clan Hydra recently posted a 4v4 match on youtube in which it didn't happen. However, it seems to all come down to luck. No matter how hard I tried to replicate their conditions which caused the 4v4 to not be glitched, I couldn't succeed. Of about 15 or so 4v4s I tried, all of them were glitched.

Ensign
Dec 26, 2013
This has been a long time glitch and we are tired of it and would like it if you guys would pay a little more attention to this game and fix it please.

Ensign
Jun 21, 2009
EnVy Max here. We have tested this dozens of times it only persist with 4v4 it doesn't happen in 3v3 or 2v2 we have tried every scenario to see if anything doesn't triggers the glitch but nothing seems to work. If you would like I can make a video going over the whole process with you KingsIsle so you can have a better picture of what we are dealing with and what you will be working with.

Ensign
Jan 11, 2010
Yes, this 4v4 glitch has been going on for a long time now. I wish KI would fix it. We have allot of people who like to play pvp while waiting for updates, but the glitch makes it difficult to play in 4v4 matches.

Ensign
Jul 20, 2009
This glitch has been in the game for almost 3 years and it ruins team pvp it makes impossible to have a fun fair game the glitch really ruins it for clans who try to play competitive 4v4. Its been 3 years when are you gonna do something about this?

Ensign
Oct 16, 2011
We are tired of this glitch and would like you guys to fix it please

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
This has been going on for far too long, it's been around nearly as long as level 65 has been. There is seemingly no way of getting around the fort glitch and it is purely luck as to whether it decides not to show, and 9/10 times it will affect the match, making it extremely unpleasant to play any 4v4's, since by such logic you can just place 10 Valor's Fortresses on 1 person and they are immortal.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
All of you are right in reporting this glitch which has been around awhile ( like the Hydra glitch ). I'm sure KI is aware of this glitch and have been working on trying to hunt down and fix it, this may even be the reason that teams aren't used in Ranked PVP.
Imagine if KI had allowed teams in Ranked with this glitch hiding in the codes! I know many of you have been patient; perhaps in this coming update these glitches have been resolved.
Keep reporting, though.