Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is Valencia Part II the end of the First Arc?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
In the Producer's Letter it says " There will be answers, lots of answers, and of course, more questions too in the thrilling conclusion to the first story arc."
This line seems to suggest that these two chapters will end the arc, but I just might be reading it wrong. I feel like we still have so much left to do before the arc can end. Can a staff member clear this up? Thanks!

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
I think you answered your own question with that quote from the Producer's Letter.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Bonnie Anne on May 4, 2016 wrote:
I think you answered your own question with that quote from the Producer's Letter.
Yes. It won't be here in a while. The story's only begun... to resume.

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
Trimond297 on May 4, 2016 wrote:
Yes. It won't be here in a while. The story's only begun... to resume.
No, I think she's saying it actually is the end of the arc.

Or I'm just being dumb...

Ensign
Aug 27, 2012
Bonnie I think we can all say we love you but sometimes (like this one) you need to give us more to go on! On an earlier post someone mentioned that just because this may be the end of the first arc doesn't really mean we defeat the Armada (maybe just Kane) or go to El Doraldo, one or the other maybe but perhaps not both. But this might not even be the end of the first arc so this might not even be relevant (yet).

Please Bonnie (or any other P101 staff member) clear this up for us,
Thanks for listening (and hopefully responding)

Lvl 65

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
FrozenPirate on May 4, 2016 wrote:
No, I think she's saying it actually is the end of the arc.

Or I'm just being dumb...
No you are right lol

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I don't think Valencia 2 is not the end of the first arc, it's just the 3rd phase to the storyline. There is another world after Valencia 2, it's that world ( ).

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Wow, you see it's very cryptic information, on one hand it could be literal, the end to the arc, on the other hand it could be saying that this arcs end is coming soon after Valencia Pt2

Of course by the first arc ending at Valencia Pt2, we could see the defeat of the Armada but I'm sure we all feel it's too early for that, after all Blind Mew has said that if he had it his way, Kane should be able to beat a lvl 80 player with his hands tied behind his back

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Well, hang in there and you will all get to see what happens for yourselves soon enough. If I told you everything that happens ahead of time that wouldn't be very fun.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Bonnie Anne on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Well, hang in there and you will all get to see what happens for yourselves soon enough. If I told you everything that happens ahead of time that wouldn't be very fun.
Fair enough, Bonnie, fair enough. Only time will tell:)

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
I doubt this is the end of the Armada or the end of our journey to El Dorado. I believe we will still be fighting the clockworks and attempting to make our way to El Dorado in the next arc.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
FrozenPirate on May 5, 2016 wrote:
I doubt this is the end of the Armada or the end of our journey to El Dorado. I believe we will still be fighting the clockworks and attempting to make our way to El Dorado in the next arc.
*sigh...* Perhaps we should say the search for El Dorado is still up, & will be done in the arc's end, which is not earlier. It will be here someday.

Can we just place this post to rest before we end up baffling others?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Grizzley117 on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Fair enough, Bonnie, fair enough. Only time will tell:)

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
Well, I speculate ( as I always do ) about two possibilities - there are two parts to this story arc of which one could be concluded: WARNING , spoilers!
1. We find Cagliostro, who leads us to "G" and he reveals Kane's weakness. We then confront and ( ? ) beat Kane.
End of first story arc
Second arc:
1. We steal the remaining pieces of the map, find Erica the Red's piece and then recover our mother's piece.
2. Go to El Dorado and contain or destroy the "danger" and reap the rewards from the City of Gold.
Or
1. We find Cagliostro, find out from "G" of Kane's weakness, steal the map pieces, beat Kane to El Dorado.
2. Contain/destroy "danger", reap reward from the City of Gold.
End of first story arc.
Second arc:
1. Defeat Kane.
Of the two I believe the first is most likely. ( it's what I would do if I were writing this. )

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
FrozenPirate on May 5, 2016 wrote:
I agree and Bonnie even said above that you answered your own question with that quote,so that must mean we will continue the race for El Dorado in the next arc.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
anecorbie on May 6, 2016 wrote:
Well, I speculate ( as I always do ) about two possibilities - there are two parts to this story arc of which one could be concluded: WARNING , spoilers!
1. We find Cagliostro, who leads us to "G" and he reveals Kane's weakness. We then confront and ( ? ) beat Kane.
End of first story arc
Second arc:
1. We steal the remaining pieces of the map, find Erica the Red's piece and then recover our mother's piece.
2. Go to El Dorado and contain or destroy the "danger" and reap the rewards from the City of Gold.
Or
1. We find Cagliostro, find out from "G" of Kane's weakness, steal the map pieces, beat Kane to El Dorado.
2. Contain/destroy "danger", reap reward from the City of Gold.
End of first story arc.
Second arc:
1. Defeat Kane.
Of the two I believe the first is most likely. ( it's what I would do if I were writing this. )
Actually, those are some of my exact thoughts. In Wizard, you beat an arc when you beat the big bad guy, right? So, we find out his weakness and we beat Kane, end of the first arc. I believe Captain Hande will be the second arc boss. The entire story arc will be devoted to finding the remaining pieces of the Map with Hande and his band of thieves, that he recruited for his big scheme that was mentioned in the Producer's Letter, going after us.

"However, rumors around Flotsam say that the surly old pirate is coming out of retirement for a new scheme, and pirates all over the Spiral are shaking at the prospect." - Quote from the Producer's Letter

It also says that Hande is known for his cruelty and cunning. Those two attributes make someone an awesome villain. He sounds like someone our pirates wouldn't get along with. Hande might try and recruit us, knowing we have (SPOILER ALERT) three pieces of the Map. We refuse because we can't work for someone so evil. He sends waves and waves of people to stop us and finally, when we need only one more piece of the Map, turns out, Hande has it. We have our final confrontation, then off to El Dorado. That's my theory at least.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Grizzley117 on May 6, 2016 wrote:
Actually, those are some of my exact thoughts. In Wizard, you beat an arc when you beat the big bad guy, right? So, we find out his weakness and we beat Kane, end of the first arc. I believe Captain Hande will be the second arc boss. The entire story arc will be devoted to finding the remaining pieces of the Map with Hande and his band of thieves, that he recruited for his big scheme that was mentioned in the Producer's Letter, going after us.

"However, rumors around Flotsam say that the surly old pirate is coming out of retirement for a new scheme, and pirates all over the Spiral are shaking at the prospect." - Quote from the Producer's Letter

It also says that Hande is known for his cruelty and cunning. Those two attributes make someone an awesome villain. He sounds like someone our pirates wouldn't get along with. Hande might try and recruit us, knowing we have (SPOILER ALERT) three pieces of the Map. We refuse because we can't work for someone so evil. He sends waves and waves of people to stop us and finally, when we need only one more piece of the Map, turns out, Hande has it. We have our final confrontation, then off to El Dorado. That's my theory at least.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
That's a very good theory, though I was hoping we would meet Hande in this expansion.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
The next story update WON'T conclude the 1st story arc. It will only CONTINUE it, not end it. Have I been trying to make myself clear? It's crystal clear.

The rest of the Map Pieces still needs to be found & taken back before we defeat Kane, & only before, not in the second arc. He will be defeated & El Dorado will be in our hands in the 1st arc's end, no later, no earlier, & someone else will become the next new Big Bad in the second arc once he's ended for good.

We'll learn how to defeat Kane, but, the Armada will try to do everything to stop us in accomplishing that goal for Special Branch, so expect that.

Sometimes, it's troubling to comprehend facts to those who read & try to theorize such thoughts about the arc. I'm not one to complain, even to those trying to theorize, but, can't you all just wait until it goes to Test, please?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
stubborn diego on May 6, 2016 wrote:
I agree and Bonnie even said above that you answered your own question with that quote,so that must mean we will continue the race for El Dorado in the next arc.
The race for El Dorado will go on. Just not into the next arc. Book 15 will continue it, not delay the El Dorado race.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
To be honest, i'm really, really, REALLY, hoping it isn't. It would be so rushed if we killed Kane now, and what about the female elite? I highly doubt this is the end of the first arc and I will be severely disapointed if it is.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Trimond297 on May 6, 2016 wrote:
The next story update WON'T conclude the 1st story arc. It will only CONTINUE it, not end it. Have I been trying to make myself clear? It's crystal clear.

The rest of the Map Pieces still needs to be found & taken back before we defeat Kane, & only before, not in the second arc. He will be defeated & El Dorado will be in our hands in the 1st arc's end, no later, no earlier, & someone else will become the next new Big Bad in the second arc once he's ended for good.

We'll learn how to defeat Kane, but, the Armada will try to do everything to stop us in accomplishing that goal for Special Branch, so expect that.

Sometimes, it's troubling to comprehend facts to those who read & try to theorize such thoughts about the arc. I'm not one to complain, even to those trying to theorize, but, can't you all just wait until it goes to Test, please?
Trimond, from all the evidence given as well as Bonnie's cryptic post, Book 15 is the last Book of Arc 1. I don't claim to understand why nor do I understand how they plan to accomplish this, but it is happening. I emphasize, I have NO idea how the story will change with Valencia Part 2.

I agree however, I don't see how they could possibly end the first arc, but it appears they will. If this was just a regular ole' story update where we continue our quest for El Dorado like the wait never happened, why did it take so long? Something DID change concerning the story. Something major. Something game changing. That's why it took so long.

And we theorize because we find it fun. It keeps our imaginations active while we await Test Realm. Twiddling our thumbs with our 6 max level, Moo Manchu Tower geared pirates in Avery's Court is boring, so we theorize about what could possibly be in the next update. Remember, some people find more fun in the journey, than in the destination. For some, myself included, theorizing helps people get hyped for the update. It's harmless, I wouldn't take it to heart so much:)

And you know what, I hope I'm wrong. I really do. I hope that I just read way too much into all the this new info, but we have to face the facts.

Something's going on in the Spiral and I have no idea how it's going to go down. But you better believe, I plan to find out.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Ensign
Aug 27, 2012
Grizzley117 on May 8, 2016 wrote:
Trimond, from all the evidence given as well as Bonnie's cryptic post, Book 15 is the last Book of Arc 1. I don't claim to understand why nor do I understand how they plan to accomplish this, but it is happening. I emphasize, I have NO idea how the story will change with Valencia Part 2.

I agree however, I don't see how they could possibly end the first arc, but it appears they will. If this was just a regular ole' story update where we continue our quest for El Dorado like the wait never happened, why did it take so long? Something DID change concerning the story. Something major. Something game changing. That's why it took so long.

And we theorize because we find it fun. It keeps our imaginations active while we await Test Realm. Twiddling our thumbs with our 6 max level, Moo Manchu Tower geared pirates in Avery's Court is boring, so we theorize about what could possibly be in the next update. Remember, some people find more fun in the journey, than in the destination. For some, myself included, theorizing helps people get hyped for the update. It's harmless, I wouldn't take it to heart so much:)

And you know what, I hope I'm wrong. I really do. I hope that I just read way too much into all the this new info, but we have to face the facts.

Something's going on in the Spiral and I have no idea how it's going to go down. But you better believe, I plan to find out.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
I never though about the reason why this update took forever to come out. I agree that something game changing has to come out with this update. Someone mentioned that they had to combine a W101 design team with a P101 design team just for this update, I have't been through any updates in W101 so I can't attest to how long it normally takes for a storyline update but it cant take this long. So far all of the gameplay updates have been pretty good, especially the pets/companions.

Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Grizzley117 on May 8, 2016 wrote:

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
I don't wish to doubt such theorizing. I, or others, just didn't want someone to get our hopes up too high on the Arc's conclusion just because they read about that. Already, Book 15 nears, and nearly all are talking about the Arc's conclusion, which I truly say it is too early.

Through reading, FrozenPirate said "This line seems to suggest that these two chapters will end the arc, but I just might be reading it wrong. I feel like we still have so much left to do before the arc can end.", and that was how Bonnie Anne said that question was already self-answered, meaning, we really still have much to do before the arc can end. Likely it's 'cause I pieced that together.

We'll learn answers in Book 15, 'cause there's willing to be answers. & we'll no doubt have hints to Book 16 on the way. As with Blind Mew's words, once writing quests in a Book is done, outlining the next Book begins, &, well... read his post about how it goes once quest writing to a Book is done somewhere along.

However, I do agree that I had no idea why it took them long to get the P101 story going, until today. Blind Mew said we would wait a little longer, yet, I never knew three years would be that a little longer. I presumed it would be some more months... until they went by. Some presumed W101 had more updates in a quicker pace 'cause KingsIsle spent some more time on it than P101 recently, & that created strong concern to P101 players that have been waiting so long. KI's solution to create the MMO Live Team solved those concerns, so no one would have to worry about that no longer.

Some people get too swept up in the hype, they sometimes lose themselves in some rumor talk. I got a bit concerned about so many speaking about the conclusion when it is not here yet, even though it got spoken about from Falmea's words.

You're not the only one.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on May 6, 2016 wrote:

Well, Trimond, no one ever said that we had to defeat Kane before we get to El Dorado. Indeed, what has started as a simple treasure hunt has become much more important.
To remind players:
1. We first recovered a map piece when we took Captain Gunn's treasure from the Waponi watermoles. We didn't know it was a map until we got back from Monquista and Captain Avery offered to cut us in on a share of the loot from El Dorado.
2. Then we learned that the Armada was also interested in the map and El Dorado ( for reasons as yet unknown ).
When we completed Aquila we got a second part to this mission:
1. Find "G" in Valencia, seek out Cagliostro ( person or place, we don't know for sure )
2. Find out Kane's weakness and defeat him.
One of these missions may be what is concluded in book 15. Professor Falmea hints that besides answers there will be more questions;
"there will be answers, lots of answers, and of course, more questions too, in the thrilling conclusion of the first story arc."
I'm sorry but that quote is very clear - the first story arc is coming to an end.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Trimond297 on May 9, 2016 wrote:
I don't wish to doubt such theorizing. I, or others, just didn't want someone to get our hopes up too high on the Arc's conclusion just because they read about that. Already, Book 15 nears, and nearly all are talking about the Arc's conclusion, which I truly say it is too early.

Through reading, FrozenPirate said "This line seems to suggest that these two chapters will end the arc, but I just might be reading it wrong. I feel like we still have so much left to do before the arc can end.", and that was how Bonnie Anne said that question was already self-answered, meaning, we really still have much to do before the arc can end. Likely it's 'cause I pieced that together.

We'll learn answers in Book 15, 'cause there's willing to be answers. & we'll no doubt have hints to Book 16 on the way. As with Blind Mew's words, once writing quests in a Book is done, outlining the next Book begins, &, well... read his post about how it goes once quest writing to a Book is done somewhere along.

However, I do agree that I had no idea why it took them long to get the P101 story going, until today. Blind Mew said we would wait a little longer, yet, I never knew three years would be that a little longer. I presumed it would be some more months... until they went by. Some presumed W101 had more updates in a quicker pace 'cause KingsIsle spent some more time on it than P101 recently, & that created strong concern to P101 players that have been waiting so long. KI's solution to create the MMO Live Team solved those concerns, so no one would have to worry about that no longer.

Some people get too swept up in the hype, they sometimes lose themselves in some rumor talk. I got a bit concerned about so many speaking about the conclusion when it is not here yet, even though it got spoken about from Falmea's words.

You're not the only one.
I get it. Believe me, I am very open-mined about this. But from what I have observed and concluded, first arc is coming to an end. Do I think that there is much more to do before this arc ends? Yes. Do I want the first arc to end? No. Does all the evidence point to the first arc ending? Yes.

I believe you misunderstood Bonnie's response.

Mr. FrozenPirate's only question was "Can a staff member clear this up?"

"I think you answered your own question with that quote from the Producer's Letter." - Bonnie Anne

So it is implied that Bonnie thought that his question was aptly answered by the quote he used.

Which said "There will be answers, lots of answers, and of course, more questions too in the thrilling conclusion to the first story arc."

So, that quote answered his question. The quote implies that Book 15 will be this "thrilling conclusion."

However, take every thing we say with a grain of salt. All of this is harmless speculation. We will just have to wait and see what the future holds.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
I have a feeling the end of first arc would be the end of the Armada.

We'll find and defeat Kane, then maybe that lady we havent seen yet will show herself... turns out she's part of another organization and/or with Hande, and was using Armada for her twisted plans?