Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is Valencia Part II the end of the First Arc?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
anecorbie on May 9, 2016 wrote:
Well, Trimond, no one ever said that we had to defeat Kane before we get to El Dorado. Indeed, what has started as a simple treasure hunt has become much more important.
To remind players:
1. We first recovered a map piece when we took Captain Gunn's treasure from the Waponi watermoles. We didn't know it was a map until we got back from Monquista and Captain Avery offered to cut us in on a share of the loot from El Dorado.
2. Then we learned that the Armada was also interested in the map and El Dorado ( for reasons as yet unknown ).
When we completed Aquila we got a second part to this mission:
1. Find "G" in Valencia, seek out Cagliostro ( person or place, we don't know for sure )
2. Find out Kane's weakness and defeat him.
One of these missions may be what is concluded in book 15. Professor Falmea hints that besides answers there will be more questions;
"there will be answers, lots of answers, and of course, more questions too, in the thrilling conclusion of the first story arc."
I'm sorry but that quote is very clear - the first story arc is coming to an end.
Honestly, I am torn to what will be happening, if the Armada is like chess I would say it's high time the queen has been played, as for Kane, we could attack him but that's very high risk

Finding Caligostro would surely mean finding the weakness, will we find Caligostro though? He said to find us in Valencia, he could be in Aragorn skyway for all we know!

I can't take a side on this one though

Where as Bonnie Anne says it won't end, Falmea says it will

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Well, Trimond, no one ever said that we had to defeat Kane before we get to El Dorado. Indeed, what has started as a simple treasure hunt has become much more important.
To remind players:
1. We first recovered a map piece when we took Captain Gunn's treasure from the Waponi watermoles. We didn't know it was a map until we got back from Monquista and Captain Avery offered to cut us in on a share of the loot from El Dorado.
2. Then we learned that the Armada was also interested in the map and El Dorado ( for reasons as yet unknown ).
1. Find "G" in Valencia, seek out Cagliostro ( person or place, we don't know for sure )
One of these missions may be what is concluded in book 15. Professor Falmea hints that besides answers there will be more questions;
"there will be answers, lots of answers, and of course, more questions too, in the thrilling conclusion of the first story arc."
I'm sorry but that quote is very clear - the first story arc is coming to an end.
I agree with anecorbie it does sound like the first arc is coming to a end but we don't know how long book 15 is it could be longer then we think plus you know kingsisle they always have some trick up their sleeves and don't show everything till it comes to test and live realm I think Valencia is only the tip of the iceberg but we'll just have to wait and see won't we?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
To remind players:
Let's just wait & see, once Valencia II comes out. All I'm saying is once it does, we'll know that the 1st Arc still has a way to go.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Trimond297 on May 10, 2016 wrote:
Let's just wait & see, once Valencia II comes out. All I'm saying is once it does, we'll know that the 1st Arc still has a way to go.
And I hope you're right :) I am so hyped!!!! I can't wait!!

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Grizzley117 on May 10, 2016 wrote:
And I hope you're right :) I am so hyped!!!! I can't wait!!

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
I know it. To have the 1st Arc end a couple Books short towards the 20 Books estimate really feels like it's too soon, even too early.

We're all excited to see the Arc going again, but we must not get our hopes up too soon.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
We should all remember the iceberg effect

What we are seeing is the tip of the iceberg, and I would say a very big one, there will be a lot of iceberg underneath.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
SpellBinder Darius on May 11, 2016 wrote:
We should all remember the iceberg effect

What we are seeing is the tip of the iceberg, and I would say a very big one, there will be a lot of iceberg underneath.
Good point. We know for a fact we will meet Kane for the first time, face to face, this update which I'm probably most excited for. Regardless of what the story turns out being, I can't wait to play through it!

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
There are, of course, a lot of unanswered questions, but one had been answered.

The story continues this summer. Thank goodness, after three years of waiting.

Who built the Armada? I suspect the Toymaker. He has obvious surpassed himself in skill to make the birds that even the Armada is wondering who he is. Did they rebel against him and now essentially deny his existence, believing themselves to have created themselves, or what?

Seven pieces to the map, and we have only have three (assuming that we get another piece in Aquila--I have not gotten to the end of Aquila. All my pirates hit 65 shortly after entering it, and why should I do all that extra work and not get higher levels?) and have four more to get.

This could simply mean the defeat of the Armada. We know we destroyed Deacon and Rook, but did we destroy Bishop, or did he escape? Phule is likely still at large, last seen in Fort Elena. Then there is the mysterious queen, who is unnamed, and Kane himself. Are we going to defeat all four remaining leaders at once? Will we find more than one piece of the map?

I can't imagine them answering ALL of these questions in Book 15, unless there was a DRASTIC rewrite to make the whole thing shorter (which my pessimistic mind would not put past them). We still have to get to El Dorado, anyway.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Actually, if you look at it, we are in the THIRD story arc.

Story Arc 1: Captain Gunn's treasure. That arc ended when we caught up to Ratbeard at the volcano. We did not know that the piece of the map was there as well (Sailcloth? We saw Marco Pollo rip the map up with his bare...wings. You can't do that very easily with Sailcloth, and especially not on the erratic lines that are obvious in the pieces we have).

Story Arc 2: Trade Treaty with Puerto Mico. No mention of any huge treasure or map there. Oh, sure, we find out that the Armada is looking for something in the gold mines, but we don't know what. It is only when we conclude that part that we find out about the map, and thus begin:

Story Arc 3: The Race for El Dorado.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Max DeGroot on May 12, 2016 wrote:

Story Arc 1: Captain Gunn's treasure. That arc ended when we caught up to Ratbeard at the volcano. We did not know that the piece of the map was there as well (Sailcloth? We saw Marco Pollo rip the map up with his bare...wings. You can't do that very easily with Sailcloth, and especially not on the erratic lines that are obvious in the pieces we have).

Story Arc 2: Trade Treaty with Puerto Mico. No mention of any huge treasure or map there. Oh, sure, we find out that the Armada is looking for something in the gold mines, but we don't know what. It is only when we conclude that part that we find out about the map, and thus begin:

While I see what you mean, I don't think those particular quest chains should be classified as their each individual story arcs, and each of those "story arcs" ties back to El Dorado.

Captain's Gunn's Treasure- You are correct that we didn't know about the piece of the Map, however, Avery did. He sent us to find Gunn's treasure for that very reason. While we were unaware, we were still looking for a part of the Map.

The Trade Treaty with Puerto Mico- When we give Avery the chalice (and unknowingly, the Map piece), he asks us to take the chalice to Puerto Mico. Why? He killed two birds with one stone. Let me explain. The only two people who know about the chalice and the "sailcloth" are Avery and our pirates. To research the Map piece in private without any distractions and more importantly, without any questions. Avery sent us away because he wished to research the Map without us being there. Plus, he did need a treaty with Puerto Mico, so he killed two birds with one stone. Another thing, our first introduction to the story boss (the Armada) was in the Dark Jungle. While it doesn't seemed connected to the main story, it played a huge part in the grand scheme of things. It introduced us to the Armada, and like you said, the golden discs.

I understand why you would reach that conclusion, but they all connect back to the Map and the Armada.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

No, we are not in the 3rd arc, nor the 2nd. We're still in the 1st arc.

The search for Captain Gunn's Treasure, the Trade Treaty with Puerto Mico, and the whole race for El Dorado, they all are in the one & the same story arc that has the Armada in it.

The arc is not ending yet. Think logically.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Grizzley117 on May 12, 2016 wrote:
While I see what you mean, I don't think those particular quest chains should be classified as their each individual story arcs, and each of those "story arcs" ties back to El Dorado.

Captain's Gunn's Treasure- You are correct that we didn't know about the piece of the Map, however, Avery did. He sent us to find Gunn's treasure for that very reason. While we were unaware, we were still looking for a part of the Map.

The Trade Treaty with Puerto Mico- When we give Avery the chalice (and unknowingly, the Map piece), he asks us to take the chalice to Puerto Mico. Why? He killed two birds with one stone. Let me explain. The only two people who know about the chalice and the "sailcloth" are Avery and our pirates. To research the Map piece in private without any distractions and more importantly, without any questions. Avery sent us away because he wished to research the Map without us being there. Plus, he did need a treaty with Puerto Mico, so he killed two birds with one stone. Another thing, our first introduction to the story boss (the Armada) was in the Dark Jungle. While it doesn't seemed connected to the main story, it played a huge part in the grand scheme of things. It introduced us to the Armada, and like you said, the golden discs.

I understand why you would reach that conclusion, but they all connect back to the Map and the Armada.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
You forget that they are all in the one & the same story arc that began since Book 1 & still continues onward. It's not done yet, & I'm sure it won't end on Book 15.

Not wanting to argue anyone's theories. Just stating some facts.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Of the 7 pieces of the map, the Armada has two & we have three. I now suspect that the Armada may actually have the remaining pieces of this map ( of course, we wouldn't know this ).
What if they've been ahead of Captain Avery all along?
Speculating here:
They grab the map piece from the body of our mother ( the dastards! )*
They find Erica and steal the map piece from her.
Recapping:
Avery sends us for Captain Gunn's treasure ( and incidentally the map piece, which is not on the sail cloth but wrapped in it with the chalice. )
We fail to recover Pollo's map piece in Valencia pt.1
We claim Clark's piece in Cool Ranch.
We fail to recover a map piece in MooShu.
We get Argo's piece in Aquila.
* how they got the map piece from my parents in the body of a Skysquid I leave to your imaginations.

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Ok here's my two doubloons worth.

When does the first Arc end? Is with us finding all the map pieces and the way is now open to El Dorado?
Is it when we defeat Kane?
Or perhaps we accidently stumble upon the way to El Dorado while trying to find Kane's weakness, and it turns out we didn't need the map after all?

I think that it'll end when we recover all the map pieces but going to El Dorado will start a new Arc. We will probably have a epic battle with the Elites but far from a final confrontation.

Well that my assumptions but we all know what the word assume means

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Trimond297 on May 12, 2016 wrote:
You forget that they are all in the one & the same story arc that began since Book 1 & still continues onward. It's not done yet, & I'm sure it won't end on Book 15.

Not wanting to argue anyone's theories. Just stating some facts.
That is what I was implying. Sorry if I was a bit vague:) I took the examples he gave and tried to explain why they are still considered part of the first story arc.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
El Dorado & Arcs & Kane oh my... sure, it's fun to try and unravel the "clues" the developers drop here and there but we can all speculate till the buffaloons come home. I'm content with finding this all out as the story unfolds. The same reason I don't read the last page of a book before I start from the beginning. I want to be surprised and amazed. I just want new enemies to fight and new places to fight 'em in! Line 'em up! This is almost like Christmas with a whole big bunch of presents under the treant.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Here's the problem:

We have been told by Professor Falmea that Book 15 ends the first arc. the problem is, there are two parts to the first arc:

1) The Armada, and
2) El Dorado

Are they BOTH ending? If we are to believe Professor Falmea, and everything up to this point was part of the first arc (I argued against that), the only part that even tangentially ties it together is the map. We don't really encounter the Armada (except in the tutorial) until we get to the Gold Mines, and we don't find out the Armada's interest in the map (or even the existence of the map) until after we finish with Monquista.

By the way, I don't think that Avery sent us to Puerto Mico for the trade treaty. He's craftier than that. He seemed surprised to see us again when we returned triumphant. He wanted us imprisoned or dead.

There are simply TOO many questions that need to be answered to finish it all up in two chapters of one book. IF we are to believe that the first arc is ending, it has to be the map. We get all the pieces, and head back to Mooshu to get it translated. We also find out the REAL reason why the Armada is desperate to get to El Dorado. It can't be the treasure. Note their disdain for the art treasures all around them in Valentia that they could have exploited and didn't. All the gold in the Gold Mines they ignored.

So, arc two will be a race to get to El Dorado not for treasure, but for power, which is what the Armada really wants.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Here's the problem:

We have been told by Professor Falmea that Book 15 ends the first arc. the problem is, there are two parts to the first arc:

1) The Armada, and
2) El Dorado

Are they BOTH ending? If we are to believe Professor Falmea, and everything up to this point was part of the first arc (I argued against that), the only part that even tangentially ties it together is the map. We don't really encounter the Armada (except in the tutorial) until we get to the Gold Mines, and we don't find out the Armada's interest in the map (or even the existence of the map) until after we finish with Monquista.

By the way, I don't think that Avery sent us to Puerto Mico for the trade treaty. He's craftier than that. He seemed surprised to see us again when we returned triumphant. He wanted us imprisoned or dead.

There are simply TOO many questions that need to be answered to finish it all up in two chapters of one book. IF we are to believe that the first arc is ending, it has to be the map. We get all the pieces, and head back to Mooshu to get it translated. We also find out the REAL reason why the Armada is desperate to get to El Dorado. It can't be the treasure. Note their disdain for the art treasures all around them in Valentia that they could have exploited and didn't. All the gold in the Gold Mines they ignored.

So, arc two will be a race to get to El Dorado not for treasure, but for power, which is what the Armada really wants.
Perhaps you should remember what Blind Mew said about how many Books it takes to end the 1st arc...

"20 is the target number for the El Dorado story."

Ergo, the target number is still intact, so Book 15 is not the end of the 1st Arc, nor will it ever lead to the 2nd arc. It only serves to get the arc going.

They both are not ending yet.

Professor Falmea only hinted the conclusion, that is later, not immediately. The conclusion is already set to be Book 20, not earlier. No one would ever decide to make a sudden drastic change to the arc's Book amount behind our backs. Besides, it's not their true course to end it on Book 15.

*sigh...* Why do people quickly presume Book 15 ends it after misunderstanding those words when read?

Book 15 will have answers & such, but we'll see new hints leading to Book 16. We'll have the 1st of our battles against Kane, with more to come soon. I know that in the ultimate final battle with Kane to come, he will surely undergo mechanical transformations that make him bigger & deadlier than ever throughout that last battle. The 1st is not the ultimate battle. It will come... soon.

Big Bads in the arcs' ends should have multiple forms in their final battles... even if they were defeated multiple times through certain battles with them.

Captain Avery obviously was trying to cover tracks to save himself some humiliation... & inevitable questioning, even to those he sent to do the treaty. Word about the Map spread, & he had to answer.

Arc 2 hasn't been made yet, & it's not about continuing the El Dorado story. There's not even a character to be the next Big Bad in the 2nd arc made yet.

We know Mew said three chapters in a Book should be standard, yet, Book 15 has 2, rather than three. Don't know why they made that decision. Hope they do the minimal three-chapter amount to later Books again, & maybe more.

We need to think logically. Don't wanna argue with anyone's cases. Just stating logical points.

Arc 1 will keep going. Wait & see.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on May 13, 2016 wrote:
Perhaps you should remember what Blind Mew said about how many Books it takes to end the 1st arc...

Ergo, the target number is still intact, so Book 15 is not the end of the 1st Arc, nor will it ever lead to the 2nd arc. It only serves to get the arc going.

Professor Falmea only hinted the conclusion, that is later, not immediately. The conclusion is already set to be Book 20, not earlier. No one would ever decide to make a sudden drastic change to the arc's Book amount behind our backs. Besides, it's not their true course to end it on Book 15.

*sigh...* Why do people quickly presume Book 15 ends it after misunderstanding those words when read?

Book 15 will have answers & such, but we'll see new hints leading to Book 16. We'll have the 1st of our battles against Kane, with more to come soon. I know that in the ultimate final battle with Kane to come, he will surely undergo mechanical transformations that make him bigger & deadlier than ever throughout that last battle. The 1st is not the ultimate battle. It will come... soon.

Big Bads in the arcs' ends should have multiple forms in their final battles... even if they were defeated multiple times through certain battles with them.

Captain Avery obviously was trying to cover tracks to save himself some humiliation... & inevitable questioning, even to those he sent to do the treaty. Word about the Map spread, & he had to answer.

Arc 2 hasn't been made yet, & it's not about continuing the El Dorado story. There's not even a character to be the next Big Bad in the 2nd arc made yet.

We know Mew said three chapters in a Book should be standard, yet, Book 15 has 2, rather than three. Don't know why they made that decision. Hope they do the minimal three-chapter amount to later Books again, & maybe more.

We need to think logically. Don't wanna argue with anyone's cases. Just stating logical points.

If the first story arc was ending in Book 20, why would there now be an announcement of the conclusion in this Book?
That quote from Blind Mew is over three years old - a lot can change in that time, including story plotting.
Blind Mew has also said: "If it took another year for the release of a new Book, I would be surprised."
Also quoting: "If I had my way, Kane would be able to beat a level 80 pirate with one hand tied behind his back."
Well, there seems to be a very surprised kitty who hasn't got his way, as we had to wait an extra year & a half for this Book and it seems that we'll be confronting Kane before level 80.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Assuming we eventually find all of the map pieces and reach El Dorado, who's to say that will be the end of it? My gut feeling is when we get there all we're going to find is another series of clues leading to yet another mysterious location.
Shangri-La, Shambhala, Utopia, Yomi, Brahmapura, Atlantis... they could all be out there waiting for us in the Spiral. The sheer volume of material available for the developers is limited only by their willingness to utilize it. New enemies and companions from the mythos of India, Polynesia, China, Japan, Tibet, Scandinavia. The possibilities are endless.
Now that I think about it... I want a Yeti companion. Or a Norse Berserker.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Trimond297 on May 13, 2016 wrote:

Logic eh? Well my logic is that Blind Mew hasnt been seen in forever and his statements are outdated.

Nothing prevents KI to re-write what was written.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Silver Angel on May 13, 2016 wrote:
Logic eh? Well my logic is that Blind Mew hasnt been seen in forever and his statements are outdated.

Nothing prevents KI to re-write what was written.
He's been very busy. Sure, he wasn't in the forums in a long time, but he's doing his best.

Blind Mew never mentioned a drastic change in the 1st arc's target goal, so to me, ending it in Book 15 still feels too soon. This I know. His statements aren't outdated. He just didn't have time to remind us about them.

The rest of arc 1 is not being suddenly shortened by 5 or so Books. It still stands to finish at Book 20. The 2nd arc & it's Big Bad hasn't been solidified yet.

What's been set cannot be re-set in one quick flash. The results would be disastrous to all.

Once you go through the latest update in the Test Realm, you'll see that Arc 1 still has a way to go, not to be finished so suddenly. There's still plenty to see & do, so many answers to learn, & more questions to ask.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on May 14, 2016 wrote:
He's been very busy. Sure, he wasn't in the forums in a long time, but he's doing his best.

Blind Mew never mentioned a drastic change in the 1st arc's target goal, so to me, ending it in Book 15 still feels too soon. This I know. His statements aren't outdated. He just didn't have time to remind us about them.

The rest of arc 1 is not being suddenly shortened by 5 or so Books. It still stands to finish at Book 20. The 2nd arc & it's Big Bad hasn't been solidified yet.

What's been set cannot be re-set in one quick flash. The results would be disastrous to all.

Once you go through the latest update in the Test Realm, you'll see that Arc 1 still has a way to go, not to be finished so suddenly. There's still plenty to see & do, so many answers to learn, & more questions to ask.
If Blind Mew is too busy to post, then he wouldn't have time to mention a change ( nor would he be allowed to mention a change as KI policy seems to be "keep it quiet until it's ready to be revealed". )
Unless you are an employee of KI making statements like: "The 2nd arc and it's Big Bad hasn't been solidified yet." is just wrong, how could you know?
"What's been set cannot be re-set in one quick flash."
It hasn't been a quick flash - it's been nearly 3 years! That's plenty of time for a reset/rewrite/change to target of first arc.
And when you've traveled through test realm, I'm sure you'll find that the first arc ( whichever part that is - since I have identified 2 stories running currently - that it is concluding; as the producer's letter flat-out stated with no ambiguity. )

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on May 14, 2016 wrote:
If Blind Mew is too busy to post, then he wouldn't have time to mention a change ( nor would he be allowed to mention a change as KI policy seems to be "keep it quiet until it's ready to be revealed". )
Unless you are an employee of KI making statements like: "The 2nd arc and it's Big Bad hasn't been solidified yet." is just wrong, how could you know?
"What's been set cannot be re-set in one quick flash."
It hasn't been a quick flash - it's been nearly 3 years! That's plenty of time for a reset/rewrite/change to target of first arc.
And when you've traveled through test realm, I'm sure you'll find that the first arc ( whichever part that is - since I have identified 2 stories running currently - that it is concluding; as the producer's letter flat-out stated with no ambiguity. )
Even so, he wouldn't say the arc is ending sooner than what he estimated.

The reality of it is, there haven't been hints to it, not in the game, or on the forums. It feels too soon to do it.

I don't like to carry out this heavy weight of confusion any longer. We all know those 2 stories are the one & the same story.

All I can say is, wait & see.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
After we've answered every challenge and followed every lead... battled every creature imaginable in places we never dreamed even existed... wondered at marvels too fabulous to describe and amassed boundless wealth... once we finally peel away the final layer of the Spiral onion we'll discover the mastermind behind this entire, twisted adventure... the one entity that is everywhere in the Spiral at the same time... wherever we look for him, whenever we seek him, in the Pirates' Spiral or the Wizards' Spiral as well, he's always there... helping us advance in our quest to unravel the ultimate puzzle...

'Ol Zeke!

The question is: has he been helping us... or have we been helping him? Sure, he rewarded us handsomely for recovering his wayward wards. But were they really lost? Or were they attempting to escape? Perhaps they know the dark secret behind his designs for total Spiralactic(?) Domination. Did we unwittingly snuff out the very information we've been trying so long to find?

OK, maybe not...