Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Enemy voice errors

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I have come across a few vocal errors with particular enemies in Aquila, & I think they should be taken care of. Read this.
  1. During the instance quest, "Mouse Trap", one of the male Ophidian Warriors say, "Intrudersss? Here? Dessstroy them!", but that voice sounds like it's from a female Ophidian Warrior, instead of a male Ophidian Warrior.
  2. During the instance quest, "The Halls of Minos", Ussi says, "We are dissscovered! Ssstrike, sssee that none essscape!", but his voice sounded like a female Ophidian Warrior, rather than a male Ophidian Warrior.
Clearly, their vocal cords need some readjusting so they'll properly speak like male Ophidian Warriors, if you know what I mean. Thought I would get this to your attention, since they're around, at the launch of Books 13 & 14. Hope their voices get fixed soon.

Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
I have come across a few vocal errors with particular enemies in Aquila, & I think they should be taken care of. Read this.
  1. During the instance quest, "Mouse Trap", one of the male Ophidian Warriors say, "Intrudersss? Here? Dessstroy them!", but that voice sounds like it's from a female Ophidian Warrior, instead of a male Ophidian Warrior.
  2. During the instance quest, "The Halls of Minos", Ussi says, "We are dissscovered! Ssstrike, sssee that none essscape!", but his voice sounded like a female Ophidian Warrior, rather than a male Ophidian Warrior.
Clearly, their vocal cords need some readjusting so they'll properly speak like male Ophidian Warriors, if you know what I mean. Thought I would get this to your attention, since they're around, at the launch of Books 13 & 14. Hope their voices get fixed soon.

Thanks!
How do you know that Ophidians always have deep voices? Couldn't these voices be equally a lighter tenor voice as well as an alto voice?
I've never been disturbed by these light voices in Ophidians.
Now that one Armada officer in Beachhead - the one with a clearly female voice on a male body - that needs to be looked into.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
How do you know that Ophidians always have deep voices? Couldn't these voices be equally a lighter tenor voice as well as an alto voice?
I've never been disturbed by these light voices in Ophidians.
Now that one Armada officer in Beachhead - the one with a clearly female voice on a male body - that needs to be looked into.
I said male Ophidians. I listened well, & I can say they have female Ophidian voices, & I did say that's been here since Books 13 & 14 went Live.

Ussi, the Male Ophidian boss from the Halls of Minos & the Male Ophidian Warrior from Troy's voices are currently speaking like female Ophidians. It's obvious their vocal chords are a bit. If female Ophidians were present, they would have used the same voices the male ones were wrongly using. If they had alto voices, well, that would be a different story.

I take it you mean Custos Decimus, from "It's Sabotage! (Part III)"? Yeah. That's the one Armada Officer boss you mentioned. He currently has a female voice. His voice box needs fixing so he can properly have a male voice.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
I said male Ophidians. I listened well, & I can say they have female Ophidian voices, & I did say that's been here since Books 13 & 14 went Live.

Ussi, the Male Ophidian boss from the Halls of Minos & the Male Ophidian Warrior from Troy's voices are currently speaking like female Ophidians. It's obvious their vocal chords are a bit. If female Ophidians were present, they would have used the same voices the male ones were wrongly using. If they had alto voices, well, that would be a different story.

I take it you mean Custos Decimus, from "It's Sabotage! (Part III)"? Yeah. That's the one Armada Officer boss you mentioned. He currently has a female voice. His voice box needs fixing so he can properly have a male voice.
I noticed Ssargon in Hyssarik also has a light voice for a male Ophidian.
Yep, that's the Armada officer I was talking about, lol, I keep thinking of "Alpha" from the movie Up and the collar with the switch that can be moved up or down.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I don't have the best ears but I can tell that there are male and female Ophidians, nice spotting Trimond and a quick fix too.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
I noticed Ssargon in Hyssarik also has a light voice for a male Ophidian.
Yep, that's the Armada officer I was talking about, lol, I keep thinking of "Alpha" from the movie Up and the collar with the switch that can be moved up or down.
Yes, but he speaks with his own male voice, & it's normal.

Nice nod. Nevertheless, Custos should have his voice box readjusted so he can speak with a proper male voice.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
I don't have the best ears but I can tell that there are male and female Ophidians, nice spotting Trimond and a quick fix too.
I notice a vocal mistake when I hear it. You're welcome.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on May 5, 2016 wrote:
I notice a vocal mistake when I hear it. You're welcome.
Trimond, my point was that you hadn't made a mistake, but that there are a variety of pitches and timbers to the human voice. For example, I knew a woman with such a deep voice that she was constantly identified as a man when she spoke on a telephone ( and she always got offend when she was called "sir". ) Likewise, I have heard young men with light voices, that if you didn't see them, they could pass as female.
I'm just saying that these "female" voices don't actually need to be changed.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Trimond, my point was that you hadn't made a mistake, but that there are a variety of pitches and timbers to the human voice. For example, I knew a woman with such a deep voice that she was constantly identified as a man when she spoke on a telephone ( and she always got offend when she was called "sir". ) Likewise, I have heard young men with light voices, that if you didn't see them, they could pass as female.
I'm just saying that these "female" voices don't actually need to be changed.
I didn't say I made a mistake. I notice them, because I have very good ears.

Nice that you spoke about those real life examples, but that's a different story. I mean that VAs that recorded the bosses' lines were mistakenly placed to some characters that are either male or female by the devs & in turn made those that spoke like the opposites' voices. Don't wanna argue your case in point, though.

My guess, it is one of KI's little accidents while getting the 1st story update ready. It occurs time to time in other TV shows & games, but that's for another time in another place.

Nevertheless, these little vocal errors can be taken care of in the game. Of course, if you don't want the voices changed, that's OK. How about this alternative instead; swap out their Male Ophidian models with Female Ophidians' models. Better?