Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

who are these people

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
most of the puppet shows have that cactus guy, an alien, and this octopus,

is it like a refrence i dont get or something?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
theprivateer12345 on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
most of the puppet shows have that cactus guy, an alien, and this octopus,

is it like a refrence i dont get or something?
The octopus is Cthulu ( an elder god from the pen of H.P. Lovecraft ) one of the KI artists is a fan. The cactus pops up in many Cool Ranch puppet shows, and the alien is there for the "ancient astronaut" ( credit aliens for all of mankind's achievements ) theorists.

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
wow, thank you so much now i can finally understand why its there :P
i like how they put in a easter egg like that, also thank you so so much

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
The octopus is Cthulu ( an elder god from the pen of H.P. Lovecraft ) one of the KI artists is a fan. The cactus pops up in many Cool Ranch puppet shows, and the alien is there for the "ancient astronaut" ( credit aliens for all of mankind's achievements ) theorists.
That living cactus you see, he's Saguaro Slim. Don't know about him, other than he's a living creature and presumably a wanted hunter and criminal in Cool Ranch. No matter.

KI throwing in running gag characters does give humor to the Puppet Shows. No doubt we may see more like them in new shows soon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
That living cactus you see, he's Saguaro Slim. Don't know about him, other than he's a living creature and presumably a wanted hunter and criminal in Cool Ranch. No matter.

KI throwing in running gag characters does give humor to the Puppet Shows. No doubt we may see more like them in new shows soon.
We also see him with Sam Bass, ( shown as a fish ) a real western outlaw.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
also, when the cactus guy and the fish guy are chasing english bill into darkmoor, one of them is holding a gun with the name harry on its side. probably referencing dirty harry, another clint eastwood character.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
also, when the cactus guy and the fish guy are chasing english bill into darkmoor, one of them is holding a gun with the name harry on its side. probably referencing dirty harry, another clint eastwood character.
You have very good eyes, I missed that completely!