Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what are you hoping to see in book 15?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
You're thinking too modestly - I'm hoping for level 85 ( at least ) to 95 ( maybe 100? ) or is that too much?
I'm giddy with anticipation.
BTW, can you believe there are players who have NO IDEA that this update is coming? It's true, I've had to inform 3 players in the spar room or the tower that Valencia 2 is confirmed and coming in summer.
My idea on this update is that KI thought, we can't keep them waiting too long we have to give them something, so here we have Valencia Pt 2 while we wait for book 16 to come out, I reckon that is KI's plan

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 25, 2016 wrote:
There's no reason to be so negative, we don't know how we're getting into Valencia - remember we have to ask Avery to help us. Who knows what hoops we may have to jump through to get there ( meaning revisiting old worlds ).
KI never shows their entire hand, just enough for a teaser and I'm very pleased we got to see so much.
I may presume we have to go through another batch of filler intro adventures, like the St. Fido Church, Fort Basset, & Scarlet Orchid Tea Pagoda, before we do more main story adventures, with some original material thrown in.

It's what I guess upon remembering some filler intro adventures through certain quests in the 2nd major story arc in W101, & I know it may be that case, like before on Books 13 & 14's launch. I like having some intro filler material before going to more major adventures.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Blixet on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
I'd love to see more of the darker side to the spiral. I know things will probably stay mostly light-hearted, but I think that some really tragic and dark places (say, marleybone's skyway) make for a much more compelling story than Aquila's bright, sunny atmosphere. Valencia seems the perfect place to me to have some significant grim undertones for the story.
Well, seeing the Valencians under the Armada's iron grip, literal meaning intended, and suffering their true intentions, so it's likely got that slightly dark tone to it, & no doubt we may see some grim undertones return in Book 15.

The theme heard from some of Monquista's zones, it is heard, too, in Sivella, Bruno Chapel, & it's Catacombs, & that theme surely settles the grim undertones, in a way, though I wish it would be remixed into a Valencia variant.

Book 13's storyline sure captured the dark tone a bit well, & it sets the serious feeling to it, in seeing the Armada tearing fragments of a Skyway apart through military warfare, & we may see their warfare broadened to greater lengths, knowing Kane wants the Map so badly, he and the Armada will have to go to drastic measures to get that Map, no matter the cost & consequence.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
You're thinking too modestly - I'm hoping for level 85 ( at least ) to 95 ( maybe 100? ) or is that too much?
I'm giddy with anticipation.
BTW, can you believe there are players who have NO IDEA that this update is coming? It's true, I've had to inform 3 players in the spar room or the tower that Valencia 2 is confirmed and coming in summer.
Books 13 & 14's launch upped the level cap from 50 to 65, by 15 levels, 5 more than W101's usual level cap increasing method of 10. Wish they'd go about 15 or 20 someday.

While amazing in seeing KI doing such, like that level cap increase in a content expansion update, I'm a bit skeptical on KI doing that again. Though, should that occur again, I'm good with it. Or should they go for 20 more levels, that'd be amazing.

Yeah. About dozens upon 10,000s. Word still spreads. Nice you're letting others know about the update on our way.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I'm thinking maybe some more new unique Armada fortresses, & maybe a constructed secret Armada base where they commence actions in hiding by Kane's will.

Beachhead was really an amazing Sky Station, once that is very designed, despite some reminiscing recyclable layouts made in, E.G., Newgate Prison's layout in W101. I've been thinking about seeing a new Armada secret base that creates more new troops & weapons to add to their armies. Seeing recyclable content in new content likely makes things a bit stale. True.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
If you check past posts ( just do a search for crafting ), you'll find that MANY players have asked for crafting. Not only asking for it, but Ratbeard said that it's coming and that HE ( and I quote ) "loves, loves, loves crafting".
Would be nice to see that one day. I don't mind.

What I would like to see is more secret bosses. P101 has only one secret boss, that is Lord Mixcoatl, that's what we know on our secret boss hunt we went through not too long ago, see this previous post about that, & this post, too, to those who've not seen, nor heard about that, & this post on the idea about seeing an equivalent to W101's Skeleton Key secret boss system, & I know Ratbeard mentioned he may do the secret boss hunt again by adding in some more secret bosses. We may see that someday. I'm always up to winning more new secret challenges.

Hope the more new secret bosses that may be added in another update comes with badges by defeating them & properly placed custom-made unique loot drops suited to certain levels to them. Maybe once Book 15 launches, KI may add in more secret bosses to P101. There's always that.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
I would to see Either Kane or the queen clockwork I know we wouldn't be fighting them yet but I'd at least like to see them or hear what they sound like or find out if queen is that girl clockwork's real name or something else

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, the one other thing I hope to see is Vortexes in Valencia.

I enjoy seeing the Vortexes in the worlds, but there's no Vortexes in Aquila nor Valencia right now. Hope we get to see some in, even those that have instances in them.

Ensign
Dec 26, 2012
I would like to see Bishop become a companion could be fun!

More harder ship bosses! 4 x a day every 6 hours a hard ship boss comes out and it takes ALOT of people to destroy it. Maybe we need 25+ max level ships to destroy it in say 30 minutes before it vanishes.

Example behind beachhead is the turret boss in Marleybone. Imagine that boss but 10 x harder and at times it releases waves of Armada ships that can kill us all while we still trying to take down the main boss. Which is why we need 25+ people to destroy it.

I would also like to see more of Phule and his story. maybe he could be a boss or companion

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
nick and sarah on May 2, 2016 wrote:

More harder ship bosses! 4 x a day every 6 hours a hard ship boss comes out and it takes ALOT of people to destroy it. Maybe we need 25+ max level ships to destroy it in say 30 minutes before it vanishes.

Example behind beachhead is the turret boss in Marleybone. Imagine that boss but 10 x harder and at times it releases waves of Armada ships that can kill us all while we still trying to take down the main boss. Which is why we need 25+ people to destroy it.

I would also like to see more of Phule and his story. maybe he could be a boss or companion
I was in two minds about this post - to "yar" it or run into the night screaming in terror, . It is highly unlikely that we'll get an Aramda companion, especially an Elite.
The Boss ships and turrets are quiet hard enough, thank you, your idea making them too OP for any ( what was it? 25? ) ships to beat is just too much.
BTW, welcome to the message boards, nick and sarah!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
nick and sarah on May 2, 2016 wrote:

As much as Bishop would be a cool companion, sadly I doubt it's gonna happen. ( But pretty good idea )

Ensign
Apr 03, 2013
I'm personally hoping for a new female Buccaneer companion. It doesn't matter what animal, but a Unicorn would be awesome! I hope it would have some cool armor, and be all-class so everyone can have her! Now, I could go on and on for days, but I think I'll keep it short for my fellow pirates.

And, before I go out and about losing myself to the forums, good luck to you all still raising your pirates! As of writing this, I'm defeating Gupa, the Vulture Plunderer... fun!

Two-Faced Scarlet Nesbit, Lvl. 61

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I hope to see a new promotion quest for a universally granted side companion, like how major story companions do, such as Rooster Cogburn, E.G., rather than having a paid promotion. I would really like to see those, even Shiruku Neko's someday. He's got his own backstory to speak to us about sooner or later.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Trimond297 on Apr 30, 2016 wrote:
Well, seeing the Valencians under the Armada's iron grip, literal meaning intended, and suffering their true intentions, so it's likely got that slightly dark tone to it, & no doubt we may see some grim undertones return in Book 15.

The theme heard from some of Monquista's zones, it is heard, too, in Sivella, Bruno Chapel, & it's Catacombs, & that theme surely settles the grim undertones, in a way, though I wish it would be remixed into a Valencia variant.

Book 13's storyline sure captured the dark tone a bit well, & it sets the serious feeling to it, in seeing the Armada tearing fragments of a Skyway apart through military warfare, & we may see their warfare broadened to greater lengths, knowing Kane wants the Map so badly, he and the Armada will have to go to drastic measures to get that Map, no matter the cost & consequence.
When I was reading this and you mentioned the music I hummed it to myself and then when I started reading how serious the armada can be I started humming the more scary side of the music, great point though.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
silver swordcoral on Apr 30, 2016 wrote:
I would to see Either Kane or the queen clockwork I know we wouldn't be fighting them yet but I'd at least like to see them or hear what they sound like or find out if queen is that girl clockwork's real name or something else
Well your in luck, Ratbeard has hinted at fighting an elite in this expansion

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Speaking of clockwork elite to hit the floor.,in theory the next in line is Bishop.

Our pirate character(s) meet him in that world, trying to stop our pirate from destroying a tower witch our pirate character eventually did and he flee.

The next phase will be meeting him in at a Catacomb maze in Valencia, a long dungeon and spooky dungeon. At the very depth of the catacomb maze,bishop taunt our pirate character thinking our pirate character(s) finally could defeat him. Here is the twist, when his life bar is red.He flees and our pirate character (s) realize it was a trap.Never fear El Toro, will find an escape route to the surface, gather clues of his whereabouts and go after bishop and destroy him once and for all.

This may lead us to Book 16 and a new world to explore.That's where we as a pirate face bishop with his upgraded version.Maybe like clockwork winged creature with a spark cannon on his back.That's when the 3rd and final time we meet bishop as pirates.He might join Deacon and Rook,after this epic boss fight.

That's how to battle the 3rd elite clockwork in theory, a smart clockwork would not go down that easily in my opinon.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Monkrinx2024 on May 11, 2016 wrote:
Speaking of clockwork elite to hit the floor.,in theory the next in line is Bishop.

Our pirate character(s) meet him in that world, trying to stop our pirate from destroying a tower witch our pirate character eventually did and he flee.

The next phase will be meeting him in at a Catacomb maze in Valencia, a long dungeon and spooky dungeon. At the very depth of the catacomb maze,bishop taunt our pirate character thinking our pirate character(s) finally could defeat him. Here is the twist, when his life bar is red.He flees and our pirate character (s) realize it was a trap.Never fear El Toro, will find an escape route to the surface, gather clues of his whereabouts and go after bishop and destroy him once and for all.

This may lead us to Book 16 and a new world to explore.That's where we as a pirate face bishop with his upgraded version.Maybe like clockwork winged creature with a spark cannon on his back.That's when the 3rd and final time we meet bishop as pirates.He might join Deacon and Rook,after this epic boss fight.

That's how to battle the 3rd elite clockwork in theory, a smart clockwork would not go down that easily in my opinon.
Hate to burst Ur bubble, but based on the artiywritten about Valenca 2 on MMORPG.com, we'll be (finally) face the Queen and (pause for the dramatic .. ) Kane! Ba ba baaaa!

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
winter goddess on May 11, 2016 wrote:
Hate to burst Ur bubble, but based on the artiywritten about Valenca 2 on MMORPG.com, we'll be (finally) face the Queen and (pause for the dramatic .. ) Kane! Ba ba baaaa!
I think that just creates a bigger bubble

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
winter goddess on May 11, 2016 wrote:
If you notice on the far left of that picture you are referring to, Bishop is standing beside the Queen:)

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1) crafting
2) the countdown timers to get shorter. W101 has them down to 30 seconds, surely KI could drop ours to 45 seconds?
3)ship stitching