Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nerf or change old scratch

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 01, 2010
His ability to increase spell damage is extremely strong, too strong really. To be able to one shot anything using his ability while a witch doctor is just unbalanced. So I think he either needs nerfed or changed so that it affects all abilities including buccaneers and swashbucklers, and not just spell power. This way it would at least have the other classes on par with witchdoctors who use old scratch. But really and truly he should just be nerfed, as it stands hes a requirement which makes all other companions less desirable.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
LittleSeanCarter on Apr 17, 2016 wrote:
His ability to increase spell damage is extremely strong, too strong really. To be able to one shot anything using his ability while a witch doctor is just unbalanced. So I think he either needs nerfed or changed so that it affects all abilities including buccaneers and swashbucklers, and not just spell power. This way it would at least have the other classes on par with witchdoctors who use old scratch. But really and truly he should just be nerfed, as it stands hes a requirement which makes all other companions less desirable.
1. Get witch hunter from the clandestine trainers

2. Spread your companions so that a witch won't AOE you

3. Lastly my biggest tip would be to damage the team first, make the WD defend instead of attack

Ensign
Apr 01, 2010
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
1. Get witch hunter from the clandestine trainers

2. Spread your companions so that a witch won't AOE you

3. Lastly my biggest tip would be to damage the team first, make the WD defend instead of attack
Thats fine for a pvp balance stand point, but with the current state why bother with any teams for anything in the game now or in the future that is not pure witch doctor if old scratch isn't changed? And even for pvp thats alot of hoops you have to go threw just to be on even playing grounds.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I am very reluctant to have another change made to Old Scratch, when Witchdoctors were begging for something to help them in PVE/PVP; and this seems an answer to that request.
His mojo flow powers have a limited duration 3, 5, & 10 rds. and his health has never been very good, accuracy too was a problem - remember how often he used to fizzle?
That he actually is useful to other classes besides WDs. is a plus in my book.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
LittleSeanCarter on Apr 19, 2016 wrote:
Thats fine for a pvp balance stand point, but with the current state why bother with any teams for anything in the game now or in the future that is not pure witch doctor if old scratch isn't changed? And even for pvp thats alot of hoops you have to go threw just to be on even playing grounds.
I go through a lot of hoops to counter SB, one hit on me and I'm as good as dead