Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

the entire idea of Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 19, 2012
When i was younger, I LOVED Wizard but got sick of it because i couldn't beat this one quest and was just unwilling. But several years later, my brother got Pirate and i made my own account. I quickly outleveled him because i loved this game so much. I was a lvl 48 buccaneer Long story short my account somehow got deleted and i had to start from scratch. I have been playing as a musketeer nonstop, day after day. Until now. I am lvl 65, basically done with the story line and have nothing to do. I really love this game. I cant even express how much this game has meant to me. I loved the characters, story, jokes, mysteries but most of all, Not having to worry about when i am close to finishing it. But now that i know pirate is basically over, i just wanted to tell KI that, I love you guys. You totally rock. All of this talk about being cash goats, it doesnt mean anything to me. You have accomplished so much over these years with all these games and art and stories. And i DO wish you guys wouldnt just abandon Pirate like this. I dont enjoy loosing my favorite games of all time. But just know, in the future, keep an open mind bc i will definitely be playing that game too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
delta21665 on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
When i was younger, I LOVED Wizard but got sick of it because i couldn't beat this one quest and was just unwilling. But several years later, my brother got Pirate and i made my own account. I quickly outleveled him because i loved this game so much. I was a lvl 48 buccaneer Long story short my account somehow got deleted and i had to start from scratch. I have been playing as a musketeer nonstop, day after day. Until now. I am lvl 65, basically done with the story line and have nothing to do. I really love this game. I cant even express how much this game has meant to me. I loved the characters, story, jokes, mysteries but most of all, Not having to worry about when i am close to finishing it. But now that i know pirate is basically over, i just wanted to tell KI that, I love you guys. You totally rock. All of this talk about being cash goats, it doesnt mean anything to me. You have accomplished so much over these years with all these games and art and stories. And i DO wish you guys wouldnt just abandon Pirate like this. I dont enjoy loosing my favorite games of all time. But just know, in the future, keep an open mind bc i will definitely be playing that game too.
Pirate101 isn't "over", not by a long cannon shot! Our adventures will continue, haven't you been reading the newsletters for March and April, also the recent Falmea Friday & Thursday? After over a year of waiting we're getting hints that a possible storyline update is heading our way!
In the mean time, why not make another pirate of a different class? P101 is very worth re-playing because each class has it's unique features ( also character creation adds variety. )
I love this game and I agree that P101 is the best MMO out there!

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
As someone who's been a max swashbuckler for almost 2 years now, this update they're hinting at us BETTER be the long awaited Book 15. We've waited more than enough.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
Pirate101 isn't "over", not by a long cannon shot! Our adventures will continue, haven't you been reading the newsletters for March and April, also the recent Falmea Friday & Thursday? After over a year of waiting we're getting hints that a possible storyline update is heading our way!
In the mean time, why not make another pirate of a different class? P101 is very worth re-playing because each class has it's unique features ( also character creation adds variety. )
I love this game and I agree that P101 is the best MMO out there!
I'm sorry Esperanza, but I must disagree with you on one single point. I thoroughly believe that the best MMO around is one the combines everyone's favourite two pastimes. Clearly the best MMO is "Painted Grass", the only game where you can join multiple other online players to simultaneously watch grass grow and paint dry!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
I'm sorry Esperanza, but I must disagree with you on one single point. I thoroughly believe that the best MMO around is one the combines everyone's favourite two pastimes. Clearly the best MMO is "Painted Grass", the only game where you can join multiple other online players to simultaneously watch grass grow and paint dry!
Aaaand we wouldn't be complaining about a lack of updates if this game wasn't the best?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Start another pirate! Swashie or Buckie, since they are most different than Muskies. Or a privateer. They are cool.

-Indigo

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
No I don't like Painted Grass
The teal coloured paint doesn't dry and that bug is really annoying when I am playing the game
Also it's been a year since they have added the grass watering feature, so that you can help keep your grass alive.
I would really reccomend Snail Races as a good mmo, it takes ages to get to the start line but they have added first person camera and it's really engaging outweighing the fact that 9/10 times you go on the game you won't actually race.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
Aaaand we wouldn't be complaining about a lack of updates if this game wasn't the best?
Well, we fans of Painted Grass are still waiting for the Evening Violet Kentucky Blue Grass update. It's been quite awhile waiting for it, why the midnight blue paint has been dried for almost a year already, and the Tiger Grass is far more than waist high.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Indigo Ring on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
Start another pirate! Swashie or Buckie, since they are most different than Muskies. Or a privateer. They are cool.

-Indigo
I think Witchdoctors are cool too....

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
CdeWinter on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
Well, we fans of Painted Grass are still waiting for the Evening Violet Kentucky Blue Grass update. It's been quite awhile waiting for it, why the midnight blue paint has been dried for almost a year already, and the Tiger Grass is far more than waist high.
I beat that..... I watched all 72 rolls of the U.S. census on microfilm in real life......oh yeah.......

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
I beat that..... I watched all 72 rolls of the U.S. census on microfilm in real life......oh yeah.......

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
And you still have a brain cell left functioning?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
I have to say I was really disappointed in the last "Painted Grass" update. I was excited about the addition of Acrylics to the list of drying paint but alas, it was woefully inadequate! The drying time was so similar to that of Oil based paint that it was hardly worth the effort. Watching Watercolors dry affords twice the XP if you combine it with watching Bermuda Grass grow, plus you can do it in about half the time. My biggest complaint with "PG" is that it takes so long to get a team together and then people flee in the middle of watching and it's frustrating.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 10, 2016 wrote:
And you still have a brain cell left functioning?
Just one but that's enough.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I love you guys ( & gals ), this thread makes me laugh......

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TucsonWizard on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
I have to say I was really disappointed in the last "Painted Grass" update. I was excited about the addition of Acrylics to the list of drying paint but alas, it was woefully inadequate! The drying time was so similar to that of Oil based paint that it was hardly worth the effort. Watching Watercolors dry affords twice the XP if you combine it with watching Bermuda Grass grow, plus you can do it in about half the time. My biggest complaint with "PG" is that it takes so long to get a team together and then people flee in the middle of watching and it's frustrating.
Have you heard that Painted Grass will soon add the ability to craft your own pigments?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 17, 2016 wrote:
Have you heard that Painted Grass will soon add the ability to craft your own pigments?
Yeah, but the mixing colours update is just filler and fluff, just like the Tundra Tuffs tower. What we need are some new grass types and pigment colours. There is also the rumour that flowers such as carnations might be included in the next update though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Apr 17, 2016 wrote:
Yeah, but the mixing colours update is just filler and fluff, just like the Tundra Tuffs tower. What we need are some new grass types and pigment colours. There is also the rumour that flowers such as carnations might be included in the next update though.
What about the Hanging Gardens of Babylon house gauntlet? I hear the Archimedes Screw lifts water twice as fast as a bucket brigade!
( heh, top that one! )

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
This painted grass game.. Does it have pets? Do you have to clean up after them? Something smells funny with all this paint.
At least our pets clean up after themselves.

Also I seem to have stumbled out of Bestia. Where am I?

And to the OP. Thanks for all the .

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
What about the Hanging Gardens of Babylon house gauntlet? I hear the Archimedes Screw lifts water twice as fast as a bucket brigade!
( heh, top that one! )
Very the Hanging Gardens of Babylon was pretty awesome, in a way, all the technology somewhat took away from the core aspect of Painted Grass. The game doesn't need increased tech trees just to sow some grass seed, run a large paint roller over the field, and then sit back and watch the grass grow/paint dry.

Yes, the watering update was pretty important, it did allows us to keep the grass growing longer, (and paint wet) even in the more arid biome choices. But too much technology takes away from the simplistic game we all fell in love with.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Apr 19, 2016 wrote:
Very the Hanging Gardens of Babylon was pretty awesome, in a way, all the technology somewhat took away from the core aspect of Painted Grass. The game doesn't need increased tech trees just to sow some grass seed, run a large paint roller over the field, and then sit back and watch the grass grow/paint dry.

Yes, the watering update was pretty important, it did allows us to keep the grass growing longer, (and paint wet) even in the more arid biome choices. But too much technology takes away from the simplistic game we all fell in love with.
I should know better than to throw a challenge down in front of you, Milady DeWinter. Well done!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Apr 19, 2016 wrote:
This painted grass game.. Does it have pets? Do you have to clean up after them? Something smells funny with all this paint.
At least our pets clean up after themselves.

Also I seem to have stumbled out of Bestia. Where am I?

And to the OP. Thanks for all the .
The only "animals" in Painted Grass are pests which attack the grass - chinch bugs, aphids, bole weevils. We used to have to swat them off with fly swatters but now we're allowed DDT.

Ensign
Aug 16, 2011
O did you hear the new update??? You can now watch weeds grow (and dry).

I've heard you get more xp is you watch roses...