Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

can companion wait times be shorter?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
can companion time limits on their tasks be shorter? waiting days on end in real time for just a couple of pet snacks or sub-par gear just really makes no sense to me. I would like it if the limit on companion wait times were, at maximum, two to three hours. it may be a bit to ask for, but then so is waiting three days for two pet snacks

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
piratical505 on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
can companion time limits on their tasks be shorter? waiting days on end in real time for just a couple of pet snacks or sub-par gear just really makes no sense to me. I would like it if the limit on companion wait times were, at maximum, two to three hours. it may be a bit to ask for, but then so is waiting three days for two pet snacks
Yeah. I don't want to wait 6 hours for Catbeard to revive

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Just tell them to do stuff before you go to bed or whenever you have to go do something else for the day so when you come back the next day it'll be ready. Though I still wish it would go faster because I'm trying to get a pet from pet wrangling but KI will do what they will do because it's their game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
Yeah. I don't want to wait 6 hours for Catbeard to revive
Then use someone else, shield/heal him before he's defeated, or give him 3 ranks in Scrapper to get him back faster.
Personally, I don't use Catbeard, he's not that good - even my privateer doesn't use him.
Except for Pet Wranglin'.
The higher the level and the amount of companions put to a task, then the wait times will be longer.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
Then use someone else, shield/heal him before he's defeated, or give him 3 ranks in Scrapper to get him back faster.
Personally, I don't use Catbeard, he's not that good - even my privateer doesn't use him.
Except for Pet Wranglin'.
The higher the level and the amount of companions put to a task, then the wait times will be longer.
Catbeard was actually meant to be used by the privateer class or the witchdoctor because of the will buff you probably didnt give yours the right talents.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sounds like you're a high level pirate with a big crew. The more companions you assign to the same task, the longer the task takes. This is where having multiple CHARACTERS comes in handy. On the pirates you don't play often, just send their crew out to do the work, then collect from them every now and then. The lower level pirates can be harvested a few times a day! Earlier levels will give you lower ranked/world snacks. Once the crew reaches the 30's in level, they'll start bringing you Cool Ranch snacks. 40's and 50's will return with some Mooshu and Marleybone snacks. These guys will keep your main Pirate well-supplied.

Also - you can decrease the time for Pet Wranglin' on both Privateers and Witchdoctor companions by training them in the Pet Wrangler talent -- both of these classes can learn Rank 2 and they'll be 15% faster. All other companions can be 10% faster if you train them with Rank 1.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stubborn diego on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
Catbeard was actually meant to be used by the privateer class or the witchdoctor because of the will buff you probably didnt give yours the right talents.
My friend, I gave Catbeard the exact talents & powers that are best for a privateer class companion. If he was designed for privateers/witchdoctors only, then all of us wouldn't be able to recruit him. He still is a poor companion in comparison to others.
You've got to learn about a person before you judge them.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
My friend, I gave Catbeard the exact talents & powers that are best for a privateer class companion. If he was designed for privateers/witchdoctors only, then all of us wouldn't be able to recruit him. He still is a poor companion in comparison to others.
Well that is your opinion and i can respect that and when i said he was meant to be used by the privateer and witchdoctor classes i didnt mean other classes classes could not recruit and use him. I dont know what you gave catbeard but go to the Stars Of the Spiral website go to companions and look at what to give him. ( just friendly advice) -Sebastian

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
It sounds like your high level, your most likely sending companions you don't use to do the tasks, so if you don't use them who cares if it takes so long?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
stubborn diego on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
Nah, I built mine like a privy and he wasn't too fabulous. It was probably a thing on my part though; I'm used to running swashbuckler companions more than privateers. Catbeard is good in some circumstances but isn't the greatest fellow to have in your main lineup as a swashbuckler. He can pull his own weight in a pinch if you need it, but I prefer not to use him at the present time.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
Thats your opinion and i can respect that, and when I said meant to be used my witchdoctors and privateers i never said he could not be recruited and used by other classes. Idk what you gave your catbeard but go to the Stars Of The Spiral website go to companions and look at what to give him if it helps.( Just friendly advice)
- Sebastian

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
As a little advice, when Catbeard gets a promotion give him another chance, I use him for PvE and I think he is great and could later on with more promotions become PvP