Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

2 requests please

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 02, 2012
1. lower the price of training tomes please. I have to stop playing a pirate every 2 to 3 level ups to set companions to brawling which takes a very long time to catch up. Lowering the price of training tomes will allow me to play my pirate faster.

2. Let pet snack vendors sell snacks from all worlds not just skull island and monquista snacks. The bazaar doesn't have any from other worlds except for the times where there are boxes available to farm and people sell them. Some of my pets are picky eaters and only want mooshu, cool ranch, and marleybone ones. Do it for the sake of the poor, starving, and over worked pets please.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
valerian ice on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
1. lower the price of training tomes please. I have to stop playing a pirate every 2 to 3 level ups to set companions to brawling which takes a very long time to catch up. Lowering the price of training tomes will allow me to play my pirate faster.

2. Let pet snack vendors sell snacks from all worlds not just skull island and monquista snacks. The bazaar doesn't have any from other worlds except for the times where there are boxes available to farm and people sell them. Some of my pets are picky eaters and only want mooshu, cool ranch, and marleybone ones. Do it for the sake of the poor, starving, and over worked pets please.
Before Advanced Companions, I often felt the woe of an empty purse.
Instead of sending your crew Brawlin'; why not send them Plunderin',( gold) Scavengin' ( gear ), or Wranglin' ( pet gear, snacks, or eggs ).
In many cases Scavengin' and Wranglin' can get you more than enough gold by selling the proceeds from these tasks.
And Wranglin' can get you those snacks your pets crave.
I also recommend that as soon as you have recruited a new companion, send them Keel Haulin' at once! ( Of course after assigning their training points. )
Another trick I heartily recommend is to have a higher level pirate "help out" a lower level pirate by assigning Scavengin' tasks and passing on the gear obtained through the shared bank.
Also, are you farming treasure chests? Look for known chest spawn sites and move from realm to realm gathering those chests.
There is no reason to be poor on P101.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
valerian ice on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:

For your first request trust me you don't want to finish this game faster

Your second one is a bit more possible but KI may not want to implement it because it could lower cash flow

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I play with my companions on full random (this will be important in a sec, I promise). One of my tricks is to assign every other companion to brawling while I adventure. This keeps me with a decent mix of crew to come up in battle and lets the others avoid trailing too far behind. Every night before bedtime (and every morning before leaving for work) I assign everyone to brawling. If I know I'll not be playing Pirate for whatever time block (currently about 3.5 hours) it takes for my crew to come back and recover from their hangovers, I set them a-brawlin'.

I tend to accumulate a lot of gold, so as I reach max gold I spend my training tomes and buy back up to ten. Between the two practices, I manage to keep my crew within three or four levels of my pirate, and that's generally close enough.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
You didn't say what level your pirate is, but I'm guessing you're about Cool Ranch/MooShu area. I'm also guessing you don't do many side quests and you have favorite companions you like to use all the time and keep them trained to your pIrate's level as quick as you can. You can start to wait until one tome gives each companion a full level, which is about 3 levels below your pirate. Recruiting new companions will start at or above your pirate's level, so they can wait a long time before needing a tome for training.

Brawlin' is the least efficient way to train up companions, unless they are buccaneers and you've given them a couple levels of the Brawler talent. Once you are past the first part of Cool Ranch, you should have a fairly large crew, and they can be assigned many different tasks -- as @Anecorbie mentioned, Keel Haulin' is one. Pet Wranglin' is another and will take care of any snack needs you may think you have. If you have twice as many companions Wranglin' as you have pets to train, snacks will start to pile up.

Central has some great information about using your crew to the best advantage. Read up on Companion Tasks specialization and start using them to help your pirate become RICH!!

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Basic:Companion_Orders

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
I play with my companions on full random (this will be important in a sec, I promise). One of my tricks is to assign every other companion to brawling while I adventure. This keeps me with a decent mix of crew to come up in battle and lets the others avoid trailing too far behind. Every night before bedtime (and every morning before leaving for work) I assign everyone to brawling. If I know I'll not be playing Pirate for whatever time block (currently about 3.5 hours) it takes for my crew to come back and recover from their hangovers, I set them a-brawlin'.

I tend to accumulate a lot of gold, so as I reach max gold I spend my training tomes and buy back up to ten. Between the two practices, I manage to keep my crew within three or four levels of my pirate, and that's generally close enough.
On my I use that. I only use 4 companions.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
with the soon to be boosted gold carry amount, I am wondering if 250k is truly enough.. most of my companions tomes are upwards of 9k each not to mention morphing, and ships etc..
I for one really really really want our maximum gold carry amount to be 400k zonebuyers and 500k for members.. that's been a problem for awhile and I prefer if its getting adjusted anyways, to give us a serious amount to work with please, the efficiency and overall happiness of EVERY pirate will be highly increased..
ty for listening,
stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Jun 9, 2016 wrote:
with the soon to be boosted gold carry amount, I am wondering if 250k is truly enough.. most of my companions tomes are upwards of 9k each not to mention morphing, and ships etc..
I for one really really really want our maximum gold carry amount to be 400k zonebuyers and 500k for members.. that's been a problem for awhile and I prefer if its getting adjusted anyways, to give us a serious amount to work with please, the efficiency and overall happiness of EVERY pirate will be highly increased..
ty for listening,
stormy jen silver
Back in my day we had to level all companions, not just three! Worst of all, you didn't have enough benches to block out the level three companions from joining battles ... Btw try Friar Sand he has money to spare.