Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggestions on laptop for Pirate101 gameplay

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 18, 2014
Hello all,
So, over the years of game, trial and error, with new & different laptops, i have discovered how important certain options are specifically for gameplay. More surprisingly, it is extremely disappointing at how few laptops out there cater to gaming.

ARROWS - Seriously. Why so small? And why on earth, does King Isle, or perhaps, the pc designers? put the page up/down keys next to the arrows where I consistently place an "X" to mark my place, then accidentally hit one of those keys instead of the arrows, while battling ships knock me into next week! GRR!

Backlit keyboards- A MUST Have. How many of us play late into the night?

Alpha-numeric keyboards- A note on these. I do not need this, want this. They throw my laptop/lapdesk off balance, for those of you who game with one of these, I ask you, what are your thoughts here? Most laptops seem to be alpha numeric, sure nice for the larger screen, but cant i have both without this feature?

Weight- thankfully, toshiba (which is my brand of choice because its the only one i can find with these features) eliminated the disk drive i never needed lightening the load brilliantly.

would love to hear any feedback, thanks