Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer PVP. My companions and Gear

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Hey guys! So, minor confession here, my privy is currently not even max, however, I do believe I know what I am doing as far as gear and companions. And since nobody else has done this recently, I decided too! So, Gear.
Hat:Tower. Fort and a revive? Why not?
Robe:Tower because it's the Tower, or, Moo Manchu's robe. Since you will have a stupid amount of will, I do believe you can actually use Moo robe. (I do not take blame for any criticism one may receive).
Boots: Tower/Great Spirit Sandals/Warbird's Wraps. Now, the last 2 are the same thing, as they both give Valor's Armor, but, Warbird's is better because it gives will, not health.
Weapon:I would go for the Nefarious Staff/Banner combo, because when you combine that with zeal, you will have a monster team. However, Friar's Sands weapon is awesome, so choose your weapon.
Totem:As stated earlier, the Beastmaster Banner is bar, but if you are rolling free to play, the Freebooter's compass is never a bad option.
For your eyepatch, I use Eye Guard of Deflection(levy's). You can use Soul Shroud, but people will kill you with witch hunter.
Charm:Sprocket Key. Pretty self explanatory
Ring:Tower
Now onto those cash grabs called companions! The team I will be rolling with is
Temujin(Relent 3, Blade 1, Veng 3), Hawkules(Relent 3, Veng 1, Blade 1)
Wild Bill(Burst 2, Double 1, Grit 2), or Nausica(You know the set)
Old Scratch(Echo 3, Blast 3, Hunter 1)
Temujin/Hawkules is just for a big meaty tank for you to fort and absorb, and to absolutely destroy alongside your summons. Bill or Nausica is so muskets will cry when they meet you, and Old Scratch is there too 1.Use your will buffs, and 2. To give you huge spell power increases.

I know it was an increasingly lengthy post, but thank you for reading all the way through, and see you fellows around the Spiral!

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Cool. I only use a ok robe in ranked so I think the tower robe is a good option for you.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Everything gear wise sounds good, although I actually think that the Soul Shroud would be more of use late game, since you can use shroud as recovery and fort spam your pirate. Yes, while it does activate Witch Hunter, you still probably have yours, and you can with hunter their with hunter, reduce their damage with hunter, which is great, and has saved me against buccs and bucklers. Companion wise, I would go with Temujin for the the reduce and the fact that he can get Veng 3 and still put in tons of work against melee units, while hawk is really only good against muskets, and you already have bill/nausica for those musklets, but overall, I think it's great, especially since Staffy Privy is GREAT in ranked :)

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for the replies. Is it smart to banner, scorpian, and then rush with companions? Just trying to find good strategies

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
HoodooNerd on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Is it smart to banner, scorpian, and then rush with companions? Just trying to find good strategies
It's not always the best against some classes, if you are going to do this make sure you have at least one ranged companion otherwise you will get hardly any attacks in

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
From what I've learned, it really depends on how they play. For example, rushing a musket is not exactly the smartest move. here's how I kinda work with it.
Vs buccs, bucklers who can't find fog (they usually separate their pirate and companions)
1 Triton's Song/ Valor's Shield your pirate, I personally prefer the Triton so shield can go on someone else, or just save it for late game (if they highland, fort your pirate)
2 Fort/ Shield Nausica since she is your most offensive unit on your team, and you want her to get all of those criticals on their team (If they highland, fort your pirate)
3 Scorpion, then banner ( ALWAYS summon scorpions before banner so they receive the boost, if you do it before, they don't get the boost), 100% Scratch buff
4. BOMB SPAM!!!! and continue attacking

Vs Muskets and Witches
Never rush nausica in by herself with only a fort. She'll just die in one turn. Fort pirate.
Hide companions behind barrels so Chantal/ Witch player can't spam your units down early, if they separate, Shield Fort and 2.6 Absorb, nausica, stay 3 units away from pirate at all times (if not, oh well hope they can't find purge) , then scorpion and banner. Vs witches w/ toro, espirit early, and you should be able to beat them in the summon war.

Vs Staffy privy
Tbh i have never ever faced another staffy privy before, but who knows? I think you should play it out like this:
If they have nausica and goro, Stay back, protect your pirate and separate your companions at least 3 spaces away from each other so they can only bomb spam one unit at a time, and after they rush kill nausica first and then goro, then rush everybody for pressure

If they run the more common team, from what I've seen, it will be scratch march and emmet
Same as above, except rush in nausica and goro, if you can kill emmet in one turn do so, since he's the biggest threat with a heal and his reduce then scratch march then their pirate.

Hope this helped and good luck :D

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Hey team! So, I had a thought, and not just any thought, this was a Good thought. Is Egg Shen/Zang Cha better for privy then Temujin? I say this because ES can get first strike 3, and pretty much remove hidden bucklers from the equation, while T has Veng 3, which won't help against hidden units. If you are a well versed privy, please let me know. Thanks

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
HoodooNerd on Mar 11, 2016 wrote:
Hey team! So, I had a thought, and not just any thought, this was a Good thought. Is Egg Shen/Zang Cha better for privy then Temujin? I say this because ES can get first strike 3, and pretty much remove hidden bucklers from the equation, while T has Veng 3, which won't help against hidden units. If you are a well versed privy, please let me know. Thanks
Egg Shen cannot get First Strike 3. I reset him several times and have still only been able to get up to First Strike 2. So with that in mind, Temujin is much better than Egg, since (if Egg can get FS 3), First Strike 3 is really only good for Bucklers, meaning that it's only good against one class. Yes, they may be around half of the opponents that you face, Egg still won't have very much use after it. Temujin can still stun with Veng 3 and hit with Relentless 3 and Blade. Egg relies on Relentless 3 and isn't going to have much use after his reduce against every class, except for witches and muskets, assuming that he won't chain against Buccs and such. Veng 3, btw, is a pretty solid defense against Bucklers, and most Bucklers would avoid Shen if he could get First Strike 3.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Celestialmaster147 on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
Egg Shen cannot get First Strike 3. I reset him several times and have still only been able to get up to First Strike 2. So with that in mind, Temujin is much better than Egg, since (if Egg can get FS 3), First Strike 3 is really only good for Bucklers, meaning that it's only good against one class. Yes, they may be around half of the opponents that you face, Egg still won't have very much use after it. Temujin can still stun with Veng 3 and hit with Relentless 3 and Blade. Egg relies on Relentless 3 and isn't going to have much use after his reduce against every class, except for witches and muskets, assuming that he won't chain against Buccs and such. Veng 3, btw, is a pretty solid defense against Bucklers, and most Bucklers would avoid Shen if he could get First Strike 3.
Yes he can! He has relentless three right now and I was thinking about giving it to him when I upgraded him to 65. Too bad he doesn't get riposte, or else he would be really buffed.

Wicked Aaron Brewster