Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Proper Docking techniques

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 14, 2011
I am a nerd captain who tries to properly dock at each location, rather than just pressing x asap to land. Who's with me??

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In some places ( especially in Aquila ) "proper" docking techniques don't work. I can name 3 in particular, that if you approach the docks, will not let you dock; you have to come at them from the side. These places are: Achaea, Knossos, & Laestrygon.
So I just ram my ship toward the land then click "x", it's faster and simpler.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Sorry, I'm a "sail into the island and hit the X as soon as possible" pirate. I don't even pretend to try to dock properly. Sometimes I'm not even on the dock side of the island; I just go for the X. I'm glad you enjoy trying to dock correctly, and wish there was a badge or special ship item for folks like you, to reward your efforts. I'd never get it, but it'd be nice for others to aspire to.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
I'm with you about half the time. The other half I spend when I'm Pirating out of pure boredom.

The Grin Reaper

Ensign
Jan 14, 2011
Yes Knossos does not work well at the dock, agreed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I LOVE trying to dock properly. It's fun and keeps me immersed in the fun of the game.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Most of the time I dock somewhat around the docks but if it's too risky I go for the land and press X

Ensign
Jun 02, 2013
ETCH47 on Feb 8, 2016 wrote:
I am a nerd captain who tries to properly dock at each location, rather than just pressing x asap to land. Who's with me??
Most of the time I try to do so, but if I'm in a hurry (Like if I'm being attacked or have to get off really soon.),I dock as soon as possible, or if it's simply impossible (Like places where there's literally no dock.).

Although, when I can I will dock at the dock.