Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How to space out your questing

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
Ahoy pirates! Brass Wolf Capstain here!
As we wait for a new world, I've been thinking about what I will do when it comes out. I've thought about how to enjoy any more updates to the max when they come out. I love pirate101, and I got through Marlybone and Aquila in about 2 - 3 weeks. After that, i was just waiting for more updates. And I still am
That got me thinking about ways to space out my leveling up in future updates. So here's a list of what i thought up of. Some of you might hate my ideas, and not want to try them, but thats ok. This is just for people who want to space the storyline out a little more. Feel free to comment about how you feel about them.
  1. Limit how much time you spend on the game. The shorter you're on, the longer it'll last
  2. Level up your ship with your pirate. This will also help you get a better ship and equipment right when you get to that world. (man i really wanted that aquilan galleon, but my ship level was too low)
  3. Do more side quests
  4. Do other activities, like pvp, house decorating, or pet sparing
  5. listen to the dialogue in your quests
  6. unequip your mounts (I heard your gasp there)
  7. SAIL to worlds more often (we are pirates, after all)
  8. take time to enjoy the art in each world
  9. level up each pirate at the same time. ex- have all five pirates beat marlybone, then move on to aquila
  10. help other players if they want (remember the golden rule pirates. We love gold)
Thats all folks. Remember, you don't have to like my suggestions. Let me know what you think!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
comwolf on Feb 3, 2016 wrote:
As we wait for a new world, I've been thinking about what I will do when it comes out. I've thought about how to enjoy any more updates to the max when they come out. I love pirate101, and I got through Marlybone and Aquila in about 2 - 3 weeks. After that, i was just waiting for more updates. And I still am
That got me thinking about ways to space out my leveling up in future updates. So here's a list of what i thought up of. Some of you might hate my ideas, and not want to try them, but thats ok. This is just for people who want to space the storyline out a little more. Feel free to comment about how you feel about them.
  1. Limit how much time you spend on the game. The shorter you're on, the longer it'll last
  2. Level up your ship with your pirate. This will also help you get a better ship and equipment right when you get to that world. (man i really wanted that aquilan galleon, but my ship level was too low)
  3. Do more side quests
  9. level up each pirate at the same time. ex- have all five pirates beat marlybone, then move on to aquila
  10. help other players if they want (remember the golden rule pirates. We love gold)
Thats all folks. Remember, you don't have to like my suggestions. Let me know what you think!
Wonderful ideas, Brass Wolf Capstan! Strangely enough, I've been doing that throughout my game playing ( except the no mount idea! ). The best I've managed to do is equip a Normal Speed mount, like my Batacuda or Ki-ren ( both were drops, BTW. )
Yes, a slower pace means more game and more enjoyment!

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
Ensign
Sep 07, 2013
There some that I liked though personally I don't think I'll get bored too soon due having maxed already. Although I hate leveling my ship that's my companions job. I'm a big pvp fan myself.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I'll certainly follow these tips, one thing I did was buy basic gear from the bazaar to use when I am questing and I stitched it with cool gear so that I don't have good gear making battles quick I personally stay on for an hour (including loading the game, turning on the computer) sometimes I'll go on for another hour when I am working on the quest line and it took me a total of 3 years to complete the quest line ( I think i had taken 8 months worth of not even going on pirate) and it's just as fun

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
I thought of another way to slow questing that I probably won't do, for the sake of other players, but that's turn off fast combat

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
comwolf on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
I thought of another way to slow questing that I probably won't do, for the sake of other players, but that's turn off fast combat
Lol it's not like I can turn it on anyway, my computer goes haywire when I do

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
comwolf on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
I've done that but only because of certain glitches that kept appearing ( in the Tower and elsewhere ) super speed glitch, skipping turn glitch.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
comwolf on Feb 3, 2016 wrote:
  3. Do more side quests
Hi there!

Those are fantastic tips to help players savor the flavor of the game. I've always been "forced" to play at a snail's pace (kids, work, activities, coaching & classes), thus the reason I've only managed to max one pirate in 2+ years. But even if I had (or took) more time to play, I'd surely want to use your great advice on how to maintain the magic.

Your examples are great ways to help enjoy & appreciate the Spiral & all it has to offer. Seems that it's a bit of a repetitive cycle with players pleading for "more" & then once they get the more, they just race through that more as fast as they can & are left wanting more...again. Meanwhile they may not have gotten to fully experience the wonderful additions the way the creators intended & hoped they would. They may have skipped over some terrific & hilarious dialogue, not really gotten to further know the NPC's &/or crew members they may have recruited, not fully taken in the gorgeous scenery that others worked so hard to bring to life, missed out on the little critters sitting in the trees or hopping around on the ground-- & that's just some of the non-playing, idle stuff.

To go along with your wonderful tips, one other thing that may help keep the game fresh for longer, is to not be in too much of a hurry to "get the goods." Seems when new content, like dungeons/gauntlets/endgame gear, is added so many spend countless hours/days/weeks right off the bat, & are left either burnt out or with nothing else to do. Farming is meant to help prolong your gaming experience. I suggest maybe sacrificing that "I've got to have it" (and before everyone else does) factor for maybe a slower & more steady pace. Mix in a farming attempt-- a dungeon/gauntlet run-- in between all of the other fantastic things the game has to offer. Maybe set a limit of farming attempts per day/per week.

Sure someone may get that new shiny piece of gear first...but the game will still be here, & perhaps be fresh for just a bit longer.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I just tend to add more pirates. I am at 19 at the moment, 20 if you count Malon Orne IV.* Not a particularly cheap way of handling the wait, admittedly, but there you are.

-Indigo

*Malon Orne's job is to accept all of the doubloons nobody else wants (like Egg Timer). Once he is full up with something, I delete him then recreate him.

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 18, 2016 wrote:
Hi there!

Those are fantastic tips to help players savor the flavor of the game. I've always been "forced" to play at a snail's pace (kids, work, activities, coaching & classes), thus the reason I've only managed to max one pirate in 2+ years. But even if I had (or took) more time to play, I'd surely want to use your great advice on how to maintain the magic.

Your examples are great ways to help enjoy & appreciate the Spiral & all it has to offer. Seems that it's a bit of a repetitive cycle with players pleading for "more" & then once they get the more, they just race through that more as fast as they can & are left wanting more...again. Meanwhile they may not have gotten to fully experience the wonderful additions the way the creators intended & hoped they would. They may have skipped over some terrific & hilarious dialogue, not really gotten to further know the NPC's &/or crew members they may have recruited, not fully taken in the gorgeous scenery that others worked so hard to bring to life, missed out on the little critters sitting in the trees or hopping around on the ground-- & that's just some of the non-playing, idle stuff.

To go along with your wonderful tips, one other thing that may help keep the game fresh for longer, is to not be in too much of a hurry to "get the goods." Seems when new content, like dungeons/gauntlets/endgame gear, is added so many spend countless hours/days/weeks right off the bat, & are left either burnt out or with nothing else to do. Farming is meant to help prolong your gaming experience. I suggest maybe sacrificing that "I've got to have it" (and before everyone else does) factor for maybe a slower & more steady pace. Mix in a farming attempt-- a dungeon/gauntlet run-- in between all of the other fantastic things the game has to offer. Maybe set a limit of farming attempts per day/per week.

Sure someone may get that new shiny piece of gear first...but the game will still be here, & perhaps be fresh for just a bit longer.
You pretty much just suggested a great idea, spend time with family or work, but the most ideal one is to do another hobby,I do have a lot more than pirate101 which I will do during the playing of the storyline

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Don't forget you can sail in the Regatta which is usually a challenge for me. This earns you Scrip (if you get far enough) and also can get Ship Equipment and Pets!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
You pretty much just suggested a great idea, spend time with family or work, but the most ideal one is to do another hobby,I do have a lot more than pirate101 which I will do during the playing of the storyline
Hi Darius! Though I may have to politely disagree with you about a hobby being more ideal than spending time with family (unless it's a hobby enjoyed with family), I'd surely have to say that you're quite right in the fact that hobbies are a wonderful investment of time. Because if you're engaging in a hobby, then you're doing something you really enjoy, and participating in anything you enjoy is always a mighty fine idea-- whether in a virtual, or real world, setting. I think I just may have too many hobbies, though....is that even possible? Let's hope not!

And thank you, comwolf or Wolf, if I may. Very nice thread and it's always important to remind people to slow down a bit and smell the Yum. So many things to enjoy in this world, and in the Spiral too-- may as well take the time to soak it all in and enjoy it to the fullest.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
Hi Darius! Though I may have to politely disagree with you about a hobby being more ideal than spending time with family (unless it's a hobby enjoyed with family), I'd surely have to say that you're quite right in the fact that hobbies are a wonderful investment of time. Because if you're engaging in a hobby, then you're doing something you really enjoy, and participating in anything you enjoy is always a mighty fine idea-- whether in a virtual, or real world, setting. I think I just may have too many hobbies, though....is that even possible? Let's hope not!

And thank you, comwolf or Wolf, if I may. Very nice thread and it's always important to remind people to slow down a bit and smell the Yum. So many things to enjoy in this world, and in the Spiral too-- may as well take the time to soak it all in and enjoy it to the fullest.
I respect your opinion

I meant to say that the most ideal one for me is hobbies, I love to juggle a soccer ball and I reccomend you try it sometime (warning extremely hard) but in your case I would suspect you would love to be with your family during your adventures through the spiral

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Another way to space out the questing part is to : explore! Look around the area you're in, go behind buildings, look for obscure corners and nooks, if you've got a Zeke quest, this is the best way to find those objects.
Explore dungeons, too, after you're done look around; is there an area you might have missed? This is a good way to find tomes and treasure/group plunder chests.
This is also good to find NPCs with quests who aren't in the "common" areas.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
I respect your opinion

I meant to say that the most ideal one for me is hobbies, I love to juggle a soccer ball and I reccomend you try it sometime (warning extremely hard) but in your case I would suspect you would love to be with your family during your adventures through the spiral
Hey, no worries Darius. I actually also meant to say that, for me personally, family comes first and foremost. But I have a ton of hobbies that I truly enjoy-- some with family and many without.

And you're right, that is extremely hard! Oh wait...you said soccer balls-- not bowling balls! Actually, juggling anything is pretty impressive and I have attempted (quite foolishly, may I add) juggling all sorts of things. I also used to like balancing things on my chin. From hockey sticks & baseball bats, to sledge hammers & axes, 16 ft. pieces of lumber, to full size aluminum ladders, to a wheel barrow...and many other "what the heck are you thinking" kind of items, as well. But I gave that lucrative and fame/fortune seeking hobby a rest...and my chin too!

But you're soooo right! Hobbies that you enjoy taking part in, are an amazing way to pass time and find much needed peace, joy and breathing room. And hanging out in the Spiral with family and friends is a perfect example of that-- along with the other, more active types of hobbies.

Well, have fun juggling that soccer ball...I'm going to go give it another shot, with my kids following suit, of course!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 21, 2016 wrote:
Hey, no worries Darius. I actually also meant to say that, for me personally, family comes first and foremost. But I have a ton of hobbies that I truly enjoy-- some with family and many without.

And you're right, that is extremely hard! Oh wait...you said soccer balls-- not bowling balls! Actually, juggling anything is pretty impressive and I have attempted (quite foolishly, may I add) juggling all sorts of things. I also used to like balancing things on my chin. From hockey sticks & baseball bats, to sledge hammers & axes, 16 ft. pieces of lumber, to full size aluminum ladders, to a wheel barrow...and many other "what the heck are you thinking" kind of items, as well. But I gave that lucrative and fame/fortune seeking hobby a rest...and my chin too!

But you're soooo right! Hobbies that you enjoy taking part in, are an amazing way to pass time and find much needed peace, joy and breathing room. And hanging out in the Spiral with family and friends is a perfect example of that-- along with the other, more active types of hobbies.

Well, have fun juggling that soccer ball...I'm going to go give it another shot, with my kids following suit, of course!
Hahahah ok glad we are in the same page. Balancing a wheelbarrow on your chin, tahts something I have to see from someone

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 23, 2016 wrote:
Hahahah ok glad we are in the same page. Balancing a wheelbarrow on your chin, tahts something I have to see from someone
Who knows...if you Google "schmuck with wheelbarrow on chin", I just might be that guy! The hardest part about balancing it isn't the actual balancing part, it's the getting it up to chinnage height. The rest isn't so bad.
Oh...just remember to remove stuff from it first!

Actually, you're best bet is to not even try it. Although all this chin talk is rather engaging, I believe I have derailed this fine thread more than enough.

So back to the subject at chin...er, I mean hand.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 23, 2016 wrote:
Who knows...if you Google "schmuck with wheelbarrow on chin", I just might be that guy! The hardest part about balancing it isn't the actual balancing part, it's the getting it up to chinnage height. The rest isn't so bad.
Oh...just remember to remove stuff from it first!

Actually, you're best bet is to not even try it. Although all this chin talk is rather engaging, I believe I have derailed this fine thread more than enough.

So back to the subject at chin...er, I mean hand.
I'll be sure to google that

Anyway a great tip is to not play with a friend and solo the game, I know questing with a friend is great but it speeds up the process of completing the game and then you will be stuck waiting.. with your friend... time will go slower... I am going to stop this now

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
How about this? We talk about things in the forums. Hey wait a minute...I didn't need to say that did I? Oh well, it's been far too long since I've last posted anything anyhow. So I'm posting something now, hooray

The Grin Reaper