Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Baar can be bought for crowns for a day?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 09, 2015
Wouldn't it be cool if Baar could be bought in the crowns shop for a day?

Please Ratbeard consider it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dead Eye Griffin O... on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
Wouldn't it be cool if Baar could be bought in the crowns shop for a day?

Please Ratbeard consider it.
Rent - a - Companion? But then he would have to be a banned item in Ranked PVP. Besides, we can hire henchmen for difficult battles and they have more powers and are more useful than Baar

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oops, forgot to mention that you would have to train & promote him and pay for that from your gold.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Maybe, if we ever go to Grizzleheim, there could be a sale on the packs, or something like that...

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is not a good idea in my opinon to make him a henchmen. It would be a sad story for our friend Baar to position ( treat ) him like this. It means Baar would feel bad,if the other bear companions see him like this.

On the other hand, maybe someday when this pack retires.There might be a throwback sale to purchase this companion by itself or other special events,like a contest.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Well surprisingly pose a tough question because i initially thought, would never happen KI would lose money but then I thought, I'm never going to try to get baar but if he was on individual sale

But then alas I think it would ruin the surprise of the bear companions

Ensign
Aug 24, 2013
He didn't mean as a henchman. He meant that Baar should be able to be bought straight from the crown shop, as opposed to wasting crowns on packs. One day there should be a sale where you don't need to buy packs to get him

Ensign
May 09, 2015
Yeah, that's what I mean. He should be available for a day maybe 10,000 crowns straight from the crown shop or more.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
Yeah, that's what I mean. He should be available for a day maybe 10,000 crowns straight from the crown shop or more.
Seems like a fun idea. I doubt it'd ever happen though... Also, 10k seems a bit much doesn't it?

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
WizardryMastery on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
Seems like a fun idea. I doubt it'd ever happen though... Also, 10k seems a bit much doesn't it?
As someone who has Baar on my , this is not unreasonable at all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Then it's not going to happen. Imagine IF KI were to do this, wouldn't those who have spent hundreds ( nearly thousands ) of dollars at a chance to recruit him, & get him; then KI goes and makes him a Crown shop item?
And since when has a companion ever been available for gold, ( even as a rental ) either here or in Wizard101?
I don't think this would make many players happy.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
WizardryMastery on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
If they want to make money then yes also nausica costs 40$ American Baar is good and for that price cheaper

Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
Voodoo Cornelius on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
As someone who has Baar on my , this is not unreasonable at all.
I know how good Baar is. I've never used him myself, but I have gone against him in pvp. And it's a struggle to just take him down. But still the most expensive companions are the story-line integrated one's. AKA Goronado, Fin Dorsal, and Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah. And two of the three are very good. But idk, I could see it make sense.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
If they want to make money then yes also nausica costs 40$ American Baar is good and for that price cheaper
I know they would need to make money out of the sale. But just IMO 20$ is just a bit overpriced. And Nausica isn't worth 40$ alone. All the bundle items make it cost 40$. Each item adds on to the price. So dividing all the things that are included in the bundle, Nausica would cost approximately 6-7$.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
Then it's not going to happen. Imagine IF KI were to do this, wouldn't those who have spent hundreds ( nearly thousands ) of dollars at a chance to recruit him, & get him; then KI goes and makes him a Crown shop item?
And since when has a companion ever been available for gold, ( even as a rental ) either here or in Wizard101?
I don't think this would make many players happy.
I can agree with you there. After spending close to $200 to get the four bears I have so far, I'd be very upset to see them straight for sale, even IF it was for a ridiculous about of Crowns. IF they were to be released for Crowns for a day, straight from the shop, here is what I think they would cost, with respect to how much money people like myself have coughed up for the bears.

Baar the Beastmaster : 25,000 Crowns. (Around $45 US dollars)

Yohr : 15,000 Crowns. \
\
Athor : 15,000 Crowns. ----(All 3 would be around $30 US dollars each.)
/
Laarn : 15,000 Crowns./

Ghor : 12,500 Crowns.\
\------(These 2 would be around $25 US dollars each.)
Khord : 12,500 Crowns./

Why did I choose these prices? Well.....here is my logic.

Baar is THE MOST sought-after companion in the game (Category 1: Pack's Signature Bear), and is the most powerful right now, being able to have movesets like Turn the Tide 3, Relentless 3, Vengeance Strike 3, and Blade Storm 1, meaning he can be a DEADLY single-target attack companion, capable of attacking 7-8 times in one round, along with having 3 different Weasel War Dance (Accuracy and Dodge down) moves AND the ability to summon the Black Panther and the War Hawk into the battle as minions. He would be worth the most, as he is useful is PvE, but also in PvP.

Yohr, Athor, and Laarn are also very powerful and in the 2nd category (Melee Bears), but not as much as Baar, although they have deadly epics like Sneaky Sneaky 2, Merciless 2, and Feeding Frenzy 2.

Ghor and Khord are in the 3rd category (Ranged Bears), and they are quite powerful, having Eagle Eyes 2 and Bloodsucker 2, but are more valued for their rarity from the packs. Khord and Ghor are the rarest and hardest ones to acquire, even more so than Baar.

If anyone thinks they should be worth more, tell me why and I will update the list.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
WizardryMastery on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
I know they would need to make money out of the sale. But just IMO 20$ is just a bit overpriced. And Nausica isn't worth 40$ alone. All the bundle items make it cost 40$. Each item adds on to the price. So dividing all the things that are included in the bundle, Nausica would cost approximately 6-7$.
I did the math, you have to be lucky to get baar for the same price as what you think nausica is

The packs are on sale and it's good enough to me Baar should never be put up for individual sale

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
WizardryMastery on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
I know how good Baar is. I've never used him myself, but I have gone against him in pvp. And it's a struggle to just take him down. But still the most expensive companions are the story-line integrated one's. AKA Goronado, Fin Dorsal, and Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah. And two of the three are very good. But idk, I could see it make sense.
I mean that I spend well over 10k crowns to get Baar with the packs, so getting him for 10k would be a steal.