Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

About Valencia Part II...

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
About Valencia Part II...
So, I'd like to tell you some cool suggestions about the upcoming Valencia Part II:

If you like, read my reply to "Speculations About The Armada" under The Tavern.

• First, we go to Florenza/Florenzia Skyway (off of Florence, Italy) and you go to an island called "Captain Cavallo's Villa" and we see two Unicorns, Captain Focoso Cavallo and Francisca Cavallo, and we talk to Focoso.

• Then, we leave Captain Cavallo's Villa and set out to another island called "L'isola Dei Perduti" after Cavallo tells you there's a secret city inherited by the Clockworks and you have to try to defeat some Clockworks for the Code to go in The Great Machine. Each time you defeat one Clockwork, they tell you one letter of the Code before dying. Unfortunately, the Code is not in order when the Clockworks tell you, so you then you have to go back to Captain Cavallo's Villato talk to Captain Cavallo's adopted daughter, Francisca.

• Once you're there, we talk to Francisca to unscramble the Code. (Francisca had once spied on Clockworks in the Royal Academy of Sivella.) Francisca unscrambles the Code for you, but she tells you you need to have an Armada ship in order to be thought of as a Clockwork, Dragoon, or Battle Angel. Her father, Cavallo, tells you that you need to fight Armada troops in Aragon or Florenzia/Florenza Skyway in order to collect pieces of an Armada ship. You receive an actual Armada ship for free that is already named sort of like your original Raft. During the process of fighting the Armada troops, you find a Clockwork or a Battle Angel that thinks about fighting for the Resistance. (If your Pirate's a boy, you'll get a Clockwork. If your Pirate's a girl, you'll get a Battle Angel.) Whichever one you get, one becomes a new Companion. The Clockwork could be named Custos Presidos maybe, or maybe the Battle Angel is named Aurida Florenzia. It doesn't matter.

• Once you're right in front of the security camera of The Great Machine, your Clockwork/Battle Angel shows up. The person looking through the camera doesn't see you, only your Clockwork/Battle Angel and your Armada ship, and they think it's all clear. You are welcomed into The Great Machine and you finally get to go inside.

(P.S. Cavallo means "horse" in Italian, L'isola Dei Perduti means "The Isle of the Lost" in Italian, and Focoso means "dashing" in Italian because Valencia is somewhat Spanish and it's Italian.)

Please tell me what you think!

Thanks and Good Hunting,

- Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 22 Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
1. We're not getting clockwork companions. Ever.
2. Segregating companions based on gender is silly, class yes, gender no.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Robobot1747 on Jan 14, 2016 wrote:
* Cough cough * Prince Yulefest * Cough Cough *

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Blind Mew has stated that we will most probably not get an Armada companion, as he would prefer that the Armada remain a "faceless" enemy.
Although Prince Yulefest is a clockwork, as he mimics clockwork movement, yet he's not Armada.
It would be interesting to have a gender specific companion recruitment, though ( at least one ) as some players ( mostly girls ) want to field an all female team. So separate companion recruitment by gender isn't really silly.
The opposite gender companion can be available in the Crown Shop.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 14, 2016 wrote:
Blind Mew has stated that we will most probably not get an Armada companion, as he would prefer that the Armada remain a "faceless" enemy.
Although Prince Yulefest is a clockwork, as he mimics clockwork movement, yet he's not Armada.
It would be interesting to have a gender specific companion recruitment, though ( at least one ) as some players ( mostly girls ) want to field an all female team. So separate companion recruitment by gender isn't really silly.
The opposite gender companion can be available in the Crown Shop.
I personally like the idea but as an example lets say that the girl companion is nurse Quinn good and the boy companion is nausica overpowered then the opposite gender could get frustrated and feel unequal, they would have to be very close to each other skill wise but I suppose that isn't too hard

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Robobot1747 on Jan 14, 2016 wrote:
Well, Robobot1747, I think that would be also a good idea to segregate the Clockwork companions on Classes. And who said that we're not going to get them? Blind Mew? By what Anecorbie said, it seems that Blind Mew just said "probably not". We don't know, and they could always make it so that way you can "reprogram" the Clockwork/Battle Angel and so they never knew they were for the Armada - I mean, they're robots for crying out loud! So I hope that we actually will get Clockworks as Companions.

Thanks and Good Hunting,

- Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 23 Swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
Well, Robobot1747, I think that would be also a good idea to segregate the Clockwork companions on Classes. And who said that we're not going to get them? Blind Mew? By what Anecorbie said, it seems that Blind Mew just said "probably not". We don't know, and they could always make it so that way you can "reprogram" the Clockwork/Battle Angel and so they never knew they were for the Armada - I mean, they're robots for crying out loud! So I hope that we actually will get Clockworks as Companions.

Thanks and Good Hunting,

I believe the exact quote from Blind Mew was that he wasn't a fan of this idea and that he preferred to keep the Armada as a faceless enemy.
There have been many asking for an Armada or clockwork companion, there is also an equal number who are against it ( like me ).
Are they actually robots who are programed? They seem far superior to golems, who are programed. There seems to be something "extra" in the make up of an Armada soldier, especially the elites.
And who believes that KI ( if they do make a gender specific companion recruit ) would be so unintuitive as to make one companion "good" and the other "terrible"?

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:

Thanks and Good Hunting,

I would assume that the "probably not" reference that Blind Mew made is likely referring to the current storyline. It would take away from the "faceless" enemy that others have already brought up in the thread. However, once the Armada is no longer our primary enemy and we move into the second arc, I don't see why a Clockwork companion wouldn't work, especially if the Armada is no longer the Spiral threat it is now. I would also assume that Blind Mew made the comment in only having worked out the outline for the current first arc (and not even starting to flesh out what the second arc would consist of).

Of course, we need to get through the current arc first.......

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Oran from Urz on Jan 20, 2016 wrote:
I would assume that the "probably not" reference that Blind Mew made is likely referring to the current storyline. It would take away from the "faceless" enemy that others have already brought up in the thread. However, once the Armada is no longer our primary enemy and we move into the second arc, I don't see why a Clockwork companion wouldn't work, especially if the Armada is no longer the Spiral threat it is now. I would also assume that Blind Mew made the comment in only having worked out the outline for the current first arc (and not even starting to flesh out what the second arc would consist of).

Of course, we need to get through the current arc first.......
Maybe so it's just that, when Iwas level 8 still in the Gunns gold arc I saw someone with ratbeard as their first mate and it really ruined the twist imagine if someone was walking around with a clockwork companion and someone is still in the el dorado arc, no one would enjoy the spoilers

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 21, 2016 wrote:
Maybe so it's just that, when Iwas level 8 still in the Gunns gold arc I saw someone with ratbeard as their first mate and it really ruined the twist imagine if someone was walking around with a clockwork companion and someone is still in the el dorado arc, no one would enjoy the spoilers
Exactly so! Especially when there are some players asking to recruit an Elite! x shudder x Can you imagine the reaction of someone with KANE on their crew?!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 21, 2016 wrote:
Exactly so! Especially when there are some players asking to recruit an Elite! x shudder x Can you imagine the reaction of someone with KANE on their crew?!
I would tell the guy off maybe even report him too KI for spooling the game

It's one great reason why we shouldnt get one we could even see them being used in the spar chamber which would surely crush the surprise even more seeing how they fight

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
You go into a huge room with a bunch of armada dudes and then before the fight Kane comes in and yells at everyone and then turns to you " Sorry kind Sir/Mam. My men have gone nuts. They do the oppisite of what I tell them to do. Go for tea and biscuits! And they become bounty hunters! Whatever * Calls his team of elites * You guys are in charge now " Phule: Oh joy! Kane: Come on pirate. To the docks. * Walk over there * Kane: I should have done this years ago! * He presses a button and EVERY armada trooper blows up! * Kane: I'm sorry about this, Captain. I hope you don't mind if I join your crew?... Captain whiskers ( If he gets in. Please?... ): Yeah! Those armada troopers are taking over my original home. And he destroyed them! Why would we not?

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I would assume that since spoilers are already revealed via Ratbeard, Catbeard, Doctor Noh, Opp Ork Ah-Ah, Fin Dorsal, and Monkey King as companions, that would not be a primary reason. However, I seriously doubt it would ever happen.

What about clockworks as pets? Technically, clockwork pets already exist in the Spiral (the Wizard101 Marleybone type)....just not the Armada type of clockworks.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
darkmoordude on Jan 21, 2016 wrote:
You go into a huge room with a bunch of armada dudes and then before the fight Kane comes in and yells at everyone and then turns to you " Sorry kind Sir/Mam. My men have gone nuts. They do the oppisite of what I tell them to do. Go for tea and biscuits! And they become bounty hunters! Whatever * Calls his team of elites * You guys are in charge now " Phule: Oh joy! Kane: Come on pirate. To the docks. * Walk over there * Kane: I should have done this years ago! * He presses a button and EVERY armada trooper blows up! * Kane: I'm sorry about this, Captain. I hope you don't mind if I join your crew?... Captain whiskers ( If he gets in. Please?... ): Yeah! Those armada troopers are taking over my original home. And he destroyed them! Why would we not?
That would be pretty funny actually and the idea of Kane actually being a down-to-Earth and friendly Clockwork thrills me to no end. I unfortunately doubt it's gonna happen but oh my goodness, imagine if it did!

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
To be fair though, Ratbeard is a very unique and recognizable character. Since each clockwork soldier look and acts, pretty much the same as each other, it wouldn't really spoil anything. I do agree about not having a Clockwork Elite companion though, that would be rather bad.

The Grin Reaper

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Those ideas are really in depth! Yeah, if I had to guess for Valencia, we would travel to Cadiz skyway, as it is mentioned a lot.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
darkmoordude on Jan 21, 2016 wrote:
Part 2: Anyway, Captain. I don't want el dorado. What am I gonna DO with all that gold? But since you have a big crew. I can claim just a tiny share of it.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I remember when I was still in skull island my brother was showing me his companions and I saw ratbeard and I was like " What the HECK?!!? "

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Ensign
Aug 27, 2012
Most people here are hyping on the companion part of the original post and I agree that clockworks aren't really programmed, I mean we have Witchdoctors and magic, so I don't think we will ever get a clockwork companion but i like the idea of getting a clockwork ship but we may not be getting them till the real end of the game, Kane's ship maybe? So I agree that we will probably get a clockwork ship at some point in the game.

Till the update actually comes out,
Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 61

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
FISH THIEF on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
Most people here are hyping on the companion part of the original post and I agree that clockworks aren't really programmed, I mean we have Witchdoctors and magic, so I don't think we will ever get a clockwork companion but i like the idea of getting a clockwork ship but we may not be getting them till the real end of the game, Kane's ship maybe? So I agree that we will probably get a clockwork ship at some point in the game.

Till the update actually comes out,
Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 61
It would be great to get a clockwork ship at some point in the game, but what I want to ask is IF we'll get one. Valencia part 1 was over an hour long, and no more, so it seemed silly to have a ship available for purchase. So the question is of how long Valencia part 2 will be. A quick reminder that the last 2 books were pretty short, the deciding factor in how long book 15 will be.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Speaking of new companions for Valencia 2 along with other non Valencian crews, this would be an interesting topic to ponder ( think about ). Clockworks are out, I'm sorry ( my crews can't trust a clockwork ) although dragon clockworks and battle angle sound a nice addition ( better safe than not safe, right ).

Here is 5 below that more likely to join, in my opinon.

1.More unicorn companions- I would like to see other classes of this type in action.

2.Other Hamster/Guinea Pig Classes- This would be a great addition to the crews or/and an added bonus who bought the other Hamster Companion in the crown shop and/or recruited Gaspard.

3.Guy Fox -Hmmm.... will he have a change of heart after Bonnie's potential promo quest in the next major update ?

4. Origin Companions ( like where our pirate Character(s) where raised in )

1. Moo Shu = A male ninja monkey, like the iron monkey.

2. Marylebone = ( Male ) Redcoat

3. Korkotopia - Female witchdoctor Kork

4.Grizzelhim -Female wolf warrior

5. Skull Island- Male Tiger Shark Companion

5. Brass Monkey- Maybe third time, upoun being defeated he would submit and join our crew as a potential storyline companion.

These could be the potential new companions our pirate character could have for the next chapter of our storyline.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
Speaking of new companions for Valencia 2 along with other non Valencian crews, this would be an interesting topic to ponder ( think about ). Clockworks are out, I'm sorry ( my crews can't trust a clockwork ) although dragon clockworks and battle angle sound a nice addition ( better safe than not safe, right ).

1.More unicorn companions- I would like to see other classes of this type in action.

2.Other Hamster/Guinea Pig Classes- This would be a great addition to the crews or/and an added bonus who bought the other Hamster Companion in the crown shop and/or recruited Gaspard.

3.Guy Fox -Hmmm.... will he have a change of heart after Bonnie's potential promo quest in the next major update ?

5. Brass Monkey- Maybe third time, upoun being defeated he would submit and join our crew as a potential storyline companion.

These could be the potential new companions our pirate character could have for the next chapter of our storyline.
Not sure about Guy Fox or Brass Monkey joining our crew both these guys have a serious hate for us and in the case of the Brass Monkey, an ego the size of the Spiral.
I would love for all classes who haven't recruited a Unicorn to get one in this update.
Besides Guinea Pigs, there are also Crabs in Valencia; both Birgus, the Crab Hermit & Louis come from that world.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Monkrinx2024 on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:

1. Yes!
2.Yeah, maybe a gineua pig engineer like the ones that sell the fuel, they could be sort of like Gracie Conrad
3.Hmm maybe for musketeers this could be an amazing idea, but how would we recruit him? Through a promotion quest, that would just be weird?
4.I would really like this to happen

1.I would like the Iron Monkey, but no thx, we already have Monkey King
2.Eh maybe, who knows who we could get from Marleybone?
3.Good idea
4. Would wolfs be in Grizzleheim?
5.Yes, I would really like this idea, especially if we revisited Monquista, maybe we could get a universally recruited Monquistan companion?

Ensign
May 16, 2013
So, in this forum we can post ideas for Valencia Part II? If so, I'd like a quest that involves the Frogfather versus the Crab Kingpins in the criminal parts of Valencia. Why, well if you've ever watched the second movie in the franchise from which Frogfather gets his name, you see how the original Don gets revenge for what the Mafia did to his family. It's pretty dark, but King's Isle could definitely make a lighter ending with the same satisfaction that Ratbeard got with Captian Fowl. A quest where we help the Frogfather keep the Crab Kingpins from coming to Skull Island and taking over, and maybe the Frogfather comes with us to help in the boss fight. Although, this fight took place in the original franchise years before the first movie timeline, I think it could still work as a Pirate101 quest. I mean it makes sense, since we've already helped him remove most of his competition, just like the Don got rid of the big boss of the town when he first started, now his business is firmly established and he wants to protect its future, so keeping his past from coming back to haunt him would be the next step.

If this is already one of the new quests, then I feel silly.

If this isn't one of the new quests, and I've done all of the quests for the Frogfather already, then this would be a good way to keep his character alive in Pirate101, and give him more depth. Please consider this, please. I really think another quest involving him would be a nice addition.