Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Scrips

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 09, 2012
I only have 243 scrips and I am trying my best to find other ways to get scrip for a swashbuckler standard. It costs alot, and the only way I know how to get scrip is by defeating ships with like, lets say, in Coopers Roost Sneaky Jim. Every time I defeat him in broadside combat or deck combat, I get like 1 - 4 or t scrip(s). Is there any other way to get tons of scrip?

Suggested by,

Dashing Elijah Quick

Admiral
May 30, 2010
mgk2003 on Dec 25, 2015 wrote:
I only have 243 scrips and I am trying my best to find other ways to get scrip for a swashbuckler standard. It costs alot, and the only way I know how to get scrip is by defeating ships with like, lets say, in Coopers Roost Sneaky Jim. Every time I defeat him in broadside combat or deck combat, I get like 1 - 4 or t scrip(s). Is there any other way to get tons of scrip?

Suggested by,

Dashing Elijah Quick
Tons? Not all at one go, no. But if you have someone who can sink ships with you, go on ship sinking binges. Don't limit yourself to just boss ships, either. Anyone can drop scrip; the farther from Skull Island you are, the more scrip they are likely to drop (as well as some good equipment). If you have or know someone with the smuggler's arena, regular runs through there can be helpful. The farther you get, the more scrip you can earn.

What level are you? If you're high enough, you can also do the naval regatta for more scrip.

Save your gold; the smuggler's cove has a wishing well that drops scrip on occasion (with my pirates it's somewhere around 1 in six visits will give me a random amount of scrip (between 6-100). Pirates can get the wishing well house for 100,000 gold rather than crowns, unlike Wizards who must pay real money to purchase a gift-giving house.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Suggested by,

Dashing Elijah Quick
What's your nautical rank, right now? Have you got to Tumbleweed yet? There's a Tower in Tumbleweed skyway that drops scrip ( located near the Black Storm Bison ).
For future reference - in Mooshu, Khotan skyway there is a boss ship ( gen. Tso galleon near Rokogara ) and a Tower behind Kaizuko Jima.
In Subata Skyway there's an Amber Horde boss ship ( Samarkand, look for it across from the Ninja's Shadow Fortress. )
In Marleybone, there's a boss ship The Hart of Gold, Capt. Brocks ( find him behind Trafalgar vortex ).
There's also a Tower behind Beachhead.
In Aquila there are 2 boss ships, one is Capt. Pluton, look for him near Talos. Then there's Capt. Spartacos he's near the far cliffs from Leastreagon.
These are all that I know. But if you're looking for masses of scrip the best way ( though hard ) is to do a Smuggler's Arena run. Or play Ranked PVP.
Good luck to you.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

Suggested by,

Dashing Elijah Quick
Yes, there are 3 different ways of earning scrip.

These are 3, not necessarily easy, ways.

1. The Smuggler's Arena(Challenge Mode). It costs 7500 crowns for a 10 stage dungeon. I had a board that gives tips for the dungeon. I highly recommend reading through it as this dungeon is tricky.
Here's the link to my board:
https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/tips-for-smugglers-arenachallenge-8ad6a4164c98266e014ca10e25e54c26

2. Sink ships/turrets(I'm not sure where the turrets are, I just know they exist). Doing this will grant the least amount of Scrip but it is the easiest.

3. Ranked PvP. The difficulty of this varies with your opponents, however I'd say on average that it's in the middle between sinking ships and Smuggler's Arena in terms of difficulty(but that's my personal opinion). I personally don't do too much Ranked PvP so idk how good the Scrip drop is.

Hope this helps!
Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009

Suggested by,

Dashing Elijah Quick
I'd suggest trying to find passage to Aquila. There are usually people there who are fighting Vulture ships for scrip. They don't give a whole lot but MUCH more than 1-4. I've heard PVP is good, but I've learned my lesson about PVP from Wizards, so I have no idea. There are lots of friendly people here on the boards who would be happy to farm ships in Aquila with you, even myself.

Best wishes
Quentin Davenport, lvl 65
Marcus Davenport, lvl 65

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Hey there Pirates!
Scrip can be dropped from any ship, so farm on! I personally found that the Wharf Rat ships in Westminster Skyway have a steady rate of scrip drops, approximately 1 scrip every 1-2 battles. Like aforementioned, go on scrip raids with other pirates! Team up with other ships to get more enemies at once. Also, if you want another way to obtain scrip, do Ranked PvP.
Sly Fergus Lvl 53
Clever Fergus Hawkins Lvl 10

GO PIRATE101!

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
wanted468 on Dec 26, 2015 wrote:
I'd suggest trying to find passage to Aquila. There are usually people there who are fighting Vulture ships for scrip. They don't give a whole lot but MUCH more than 1-4. I've heard PVP is good, but I've learned my lesson about PVP from Wizards, so I have no idea. There are lots of friendly people here on the boards who would be happy to farm ships in Aquila with you, even myself.

Best wishes
Quentin Davenport, lvl 65
Marcus Davenport, lvl 65
Oops, I put Marcus is 65, he's only 43, my bad!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 26, 2015 wrote:
Tons? Not all at one go, no. But if you have someone who can sink ships with you, go on ship sinking binges. Don't limit yourself to just boss ships, either. Anyone can drop scrip; the farther from Skull Island you are, the more scrip they are likely to drop (as well as some good equipment). If you have or know someone with the smuggler's arena, regular runs through there can be helpful. The farther you get, the more scrip you can earn.

What level are you? If you're high enough, you can also do the naval regatta for more scrip.

Save your gold; the smuggler's cove has a wishing well that drops scrip on occasion (with my pirates it's somewhere around 1 in six visits will give me a random amount of scrip (between 6-100). Pirates can get the wishing well house for 100,000 gold rather than crowns, unlike Wizards who must pay real money to purchase a gift-giving house.
Farthest from Skull Island? Technically that's Valencia(it takes the most stormgates to get there) and those ships don't drop as much as Aquilan ones.