Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How to get over the nerving feel of Ranked PvP?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
I love PvP but it always intimidates me and I feel to nervous to PvP like I'm almost to scared to PvP. I find myself making excuses on why I shouldn't PvP like: I'm a Witchdoctor, pvp isn't for me OR that I'm just going to embarrassed myself. Is there a way to get over this nerve racking feeling or should I just get over it?

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
David percy on Dec 20, 2015 wrote:
I love PvP but it always intimidates me and I feel to nervous to PvP like I'm almost to scared to PvP. I find myself making excuses on why I shouldn't PvP like: I'm a Witchdoctor, pvp isn't for me OR that I'm just going to embarrassed myself. Is there a way to get over this nerve racking feeling or should I just get over it?
Hey, I hate that feeling I get it sooooo much when the new season starts just do a match and if you lose that's ok and if you win that's great just ack like its practice pvp and you should do fine make sure to bring old scratch with you also wait for about a week at the start of every season all the top ranks are in queue and they could easily pull you but that's just for the start of the season besides that remember it's just a game and it's for fun.
Quick Harry Abbott summer pvp champ fall pvp champ soon to be winter champ

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
I would say for anything the best way to not be afraid/nervous is to do it over and over again.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A few wins to boost your confidence might help. As for me, I hope that scared/excited feeling never goes away; it keeps you on your toes, it makes you more aware of your planning and the strategy of your opponent.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Just try out PvP it is as simple as that. If it doesn't work for you specifically then try to change up your strategy a little bit or try to get that really good gear that you have been working hard to get. Just go for it and if ranked PvP isn't your thing you could try practice instead or maybe focus on something else :).

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I don't think you should be nervous because little to no people know who you are in real life. For me it's not so much nerve wracking as it is hopeless. Everone seems to have better gear than I do and better stats even though we are all same level and I always lose but u think you will be better at it because witch doctors can attack through shroud.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
What I try is I completely give up and never hope for anything in my life. That way I'm not sad when it's completely impossible for me to ever get to Champion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Dec 21, 2015 wrote:
I don't think you should be nervous because little to no people know who you are in real life. For me it's not so much nerve wracking as it is hopeless. Everone seems to have better gear than I do and better stats even though we are all same level and I always lose but u think you will be better at it because witch doctors can attack through shroud.
Don't give up! Try farming those bosses with great gear - besides the Tower of Moo Manchu, there's Bishop in Beachhead. Try the wiki in Central to look up that powerful gear for your class.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
the midnightpirate on Dec 20, 2015 wrote:
Hey, I hate that feeling I get it sooooo much when the new season starts just do a match and if you lose that's ok and if you win that's great just ack like its practice pvp and you should do fine make sure to bring old scratch with you also wait for about a week at the start of every season all the top ranks are in queue and they could easily pull you but that's just for the start of the season besides that remember it's just a game and it's for fun.
Quick Harry Abbott summer pvp champ fall pvp champ soon to be winter champ
Harry is that you, I am honest darius Oswald