Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New to the game

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 23, 2014
Hello all,
I am returning to the game after more time away than I'd like to admit so here is the rub; I started over as a swashy to get back into the game but not sure that will be a main for me. I was looking at the buccaneer and was curious if they can be just as good with single weapons rather than the large two handed (which puts me off just a bit). Also any advice would be welcome, and looking for friends to play with, my character name in game is Reckless Remmy Devereaux.
thanks and fair winds

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
RedhandJack on Dec 3, 2015 wrote:
Hello all,
I am returning to the game after more time away than I'd like to admit so here is the rub; I started over as a swashy to get back into the game but not sure that will be a main for me. I was looking at the buccaneer and was curious if they can be just as good with single weapons rather than the large two handed (which puts me off just a bit). Also any advice would be welcome, and looking for friends to play with, my character name in game is Reckless Remmy Devereaux.
thanks and fair winds
welcome to the boards! personally though i love my swashbuckler I prefer my buccaneer as dar as questing and solo stuff she is epic and its a fun class..mine is in mooshu atm and i trained her with slasy as well because i had a beautiful weapon drop from tribal crew pack which uses strength, plus in cool ranch i use the invisiable swordsman set.. combo-training means i get boosts from both and yet my base set in strength i find more strength-based weapons than any other type overall.. and I critical a lot which is really nice for chaining on a buccaneer :D have fun! happy questing!
stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hello all,
thanks and fair winds
Welcome, Reckless Remmy Devereaux!
There have been many changes to the game since you played ( I suppose you've been away for 2 years? ) Buccaneers can train any weapons, I recommend the slashy type ( go see the Commodore for that ).
There are now Clandestine Trainers located in Devilfish Hollow. It's located in Corsair's Channel. Look for a secret trap door at the end of the tunnels. The trainers offer powers for Witchdoctors, ranged and melee classes.
What else?
Advanced pets and advanced companions are now in game. It's easy to train pets now and companions can be set to tasks to help you. The down side to companions is that now, when they are defeated in battle, you can't heal them with mojo or the life fountain. You can get them healed from Miracle Mitch or let them have their bed rest.
If you have any further questions, the marauders will be glad to answer them.
Esperanza Devereaux
P.S. Are you my cousin? And why is it that Swashbucklers are attracted to that last name? It seems that any Devereaux I meet will be a swashy!

Ensign
Jul 23, 2014
Thank you all for the responses, as for why devereaux is usually a swashy name I don't know; maybe its the french? Anyway, thanks for that bit of advice regarding training as I'd hate to miss out on a class because I couldn't use the weapon set I liked or at least found appealing. I will look for the clandestine trainers mentioned though the game is a fair bit more involved now it seems and I like that. However you mentioned the commodore and I'm not sure who that is so I'll have to check and find out.
Thank you again

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 3, 2015 wrote:
Welcome, Reckless Remmy Devereaux!
There have been many changes to the game since you played ( I suppose you've been away for 2 years? ) Buccaneers can train any weapons, I recommend the slashy type ( go see the Commodore for that ).
There are now Clandestine Trainers located in Devilfish Hollow. It's located in Corsair's Channel. Look for a secret trap door at the end of the tunnels. The trainers offer powers for Witchdoctors, ranged and melee classes.
What else?
Advanced pets and advanced companions are now in game. It's easy to train pets now and companions can be set to tasks to help you. The down side to companions is that now, when they are defeated in battle, you can't heal them with mojo or the life fountain. You can get them healed from Miracle Mitch or let them have their bed rest.
If you have any further questions, the marauders will be glad to answer them.
Esperanza Devereaux
P.S. Are you my cousin? And why is it that Swashbucklers are attracted to that last name? It seems that any Devereaux I meet will be a swashy!
my buccaneer i mentioned in mooshu is reckless esmee devereaux! (nickname is R.E.D.)
stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thank you all for the responses, as for why devereaux is usually a swashy name I don't know; maybe its the french? Anyway, thanks for that bit of advice regarding training as I'd hate to miss out on a class because I couldn't use the weapon set I liked or at least found appealing. I will look for the clandestine trainers mentioned though the game is a fair bit more involved now it seems and I like that. However you mentioned the commodore and I'm not sure who that is so I'll have to check and find out.
Thank you again
The Commodore is the Privateer Trainer.

Ensign
Jul 23, 2014
I've been playing my swashy a bit and he's at 11 or 12 now, and I finally got a better ship than the raft which makes me a very happy pirate. I will have to reset my talents because I have been poking through the talents of the musketeer. Thank you all for the help and looking forward to sailing with you all in the spiral.