Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Original music for Puppet Shows

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

Pirates, I've been thinking about the Puppet Shows' music, & as of now, I got to be honest, they're all using selected pieces of many past themes from many worlds in the game, & though we like having them in Pirate101, I think they should have original music compositions added to establish the originality & diversity within them & to suit with the storyline's settings better. Having the music re-used from past content in Puppet Shows, well, it all doesn't feel original to me, & you know what they say, endless repetition is the death of creativity. Why, even the three-part Puppet Show about Napoleguin that uses Wizard101's past themes kind of takes away the show's music's originality.

Well, I feel that after hearing the original cutscene music at the end of Khrysalis & during Ravenwood's graduation ceremony in Wizard101 before going to Polaris, having original music for Pirate101's Puppet Shows would also be a fine addition. That really got us engaging with the storyline well & they were all brilliant!

Of course, I would think that to have this done to current shows & later ones to come, may I suggest going slow, you know, do one show at a time until all current shows have original music instead of a collection of themes from many worlds' zones?

Here's this, start with the first show to create & add new original music to that show, add that in later updates & then go on to the next & so on, & once done, it would be made a trait to all later shows to be made.

El Kaboing, if you're around, I think having new original music to Puppet Shows would be neat to hear. Composing additional music is part of your forte, so if any of KI's MMO Live Team's composers are up to the task someday, I would request of KI's composers to compose new original cutscene music to all Puppet Shows in Pirate101, both current & later ones.

Hope that gets done someday.

Thanks for listening!