Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which class was the funnest?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 08, 2015
I am indecisive of which class I should be .... so I'll ask you all..
Im in between musketeers or buccaneers ...

I tested all of them so far up to level 10....

Swashbuckler was too easy, almost boring with how quick the battles were (plus if you couldn't defeat the enemy fast enough, you were dead along with your crew, so you HAD to use the same strategy all the time, but they don't lie when they say its a powerful class)
Witchdoctor, Ive had enough of that in Wizard, liked their millions of powers, but still....
Privateer focuses on using companions as your weapons and only means of attack while you sit back and do nothing but buff and heal... I dont roll like that
(BTW, no offense to those who chose that class lol)

So it goes down to Buccaneers or Musketeers... (unless you can come up with a way to make swashbucklers less boring)
Buccaneers for there tanking and usage of armor and giant weapons, but their lack of companions and powers makes me thing they would be boring...
Musketeers for their long ranginess and lots of powers aswell as decent companions.... but their lack of armor makes me think they would not last long in those epic longer battles, plus if an enemy pulls through, it would not go well.....

So I ask you...... Which the FUNNEST class you played? I will play all eventually, but which should be first to level 65???

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
yolop778 on Nov 28, 2015 wrote:
I am indecisive of which class I should be .... so I'll ask you all..
Im in between musketeers or buccaneers ...

I tested all of them so far up to level 10....

Swashbuckler was too easy, almost boring with how quick the battles were (plus if you couldn't defeat the enemy fast enough, you were dead along with your crew, so you HAD to use the same strategy all the time, but they don't lie when they say its a powerful class)
Witchdoctor, Ive had enough of that in Wizard, liked their millions of powers, but still....
Privateer focuses on using companions as your weapons and only means of attack while you sit back and do nothing but buff and heal... I dont roll like that
(BTW, no offense to those who chose that class lol)

So it goes down to Buccaneers or Musketeers... (unless you can come up with a way to make swashbucklers less boring)
Buccaneers for there tanking and usage of armor and giant weapons, but their lack of companions and powers makes me thing they would be boring...
Musketeers for their long ranginess and lots of powers aswell as decent companions.... but their lack of armor makes me think they would not last long in those epic longer battles, plus if an enemy pulls through, it would not go well.....

So I ask you...... Which the FUNNEST class you played? I will play all eventually, but which should be first to level 65???
Musketeers over Buccaneers, no question. While every class is good, Musketeers can steamroll, provided they stay leveled up. Chantal is, in my opinion, the best class-specific companion. She's just too good. Honestly, if you pop Agility Buffs and choose good companions, there is absolutely nobody who can stand in your way. Plus, have you seen those trick shots?

Pvt. Shy Malcolm Gunwale, Level 64 Sharpshooter

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
It's really up to you. I don't know you, so it's not my decision to say what you should pick. You say you like Buccaneer and Musketeer the most, so, decide whether describes you the most. Are you a strong and alpha type rhino? Or are you a tricky and patient fox. Honestly, it's all opinion based so, you just do you.

Fair Sailing.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
In my opinon as a player, the most enjoyable pirate class was the . It was a real challenge for my frist and main character Nicole, that's the pre-nerfed era. However she is faster than the average , and as strong. I choose the bron in Moo Shu talent.It's been a long time since I played the dauntless class. Yes I have progress very quickly in the game, as a . In my opinon this was the easiest class to work with.

The hardest is the class, a.k.a the wizard pirate. I would recommend this as the 3rd or 4th character in the roster, this class is for advanced players or those who take a more tactical approach. Congratulations if this class is your frist character and beat the game.

class, for me is really fun.She got a good amount of health, I choose the bron in Girzzlehim. The bron naturally though help boost her low health. In addition being sneaky and speedy, she can take a lot of hit. In my opinon 1st or 2nd in the roster,it's really a fun class to try.

For it's an average challenge, it was fun for me as a musketeer.

For it's also average,however the training is very long and requires alot of patience. I would say this should be in the 5th or 6th character in the roster. In my opinon it take a long time to master the skills.

In my opinon I would say or ,both class are powerful. One use raw power and the other selth and speed.
Happy sailing.