Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Clockwork Armada Enemy idea: Clockwork Spy-der

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I think I may have a thought about adding another Clockwork Armada enemy mob to their lineup after facing them.

It's called, Clockwork Spy-der(a clever combination to the two words "spy" and "spider"). One of Bishop's fine inventions, & through cooperation of Deacon, of whom they take his Spymaster traits built in, they serve to be one of their finest spy creations they have made yet. The first in their kind was the Clockwork Spyder Queen, shortly after Bishop & Deacon tested the first prototype Bishop created, & designed it to create more Spyders on the hour in Valencia. Not like many spider creatures, they can speak, as they are equally smart as Kane's Elites themselves. The Clockwork Spy-ders aid the Armada's efforts through Kane's will, & the Elites' will, too, by spying on their targets just as they think they were not followed, in case Deacon is too busy on many occasions, though, in truth, they see and hear through their enemy's plans & sends out signal beacons to inform them & strike by surprise. They kept on serving the Armada they know today & their Queen still creates more, & as time went by, it began to equip them with new kinds of weaponry to improve efficiency in battles against their enemies & interrogate them, too.

What do you think? Do they sound worthy of being added to the Armada's enemy mob lineup?

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Trimond297 on Oct 12, 2015 wrote:
I think I may have a thought about adding another Clockwork Armada enemy mob to their lineup after facing them.

It's called, Clockwork Spy-der(a clever combination to the two words "spy" and "spider"). One of Bishop's fine inventions, & through cooperation of Deacon, of whom they take his Spymaster traits built in, they serve to be one of their finest spy creations they have made yet. The first in their kind was the Clockwork Spyder Queen, shortly after Bishop & Deacon tested the first prototype Bishop created, & designed it to create more Spyders on the hour in Valencia. Not like many spider creatures, they can speak, as they are equally smart as Kane's Elites themselves. The Clockwork Spy-ders aid the Armada's efforts through Kane's will, & the Elites' will, too, by spying on their targets just as they think they were not followed, in case Deacon is too busy on many occasions, though, in truth, they see and hear through their enemy's plans & sends out signal beacons to inform them & strike by surprise. They kept on serving the Armada they know today & their Queen still creates more, & as time went by, it began to equip them with new kinds of weaponry to improve efficiency in battles against their enemies & interrogate them, too.

What do you think? Do they sound worthy of being added to the Armada's enemy mob lineup?
sounds a little like the plot in "9" but I do like this a lot..be even cooler if eventually it can be turned against its makers? XD because if was indestructible...similar to boss ships (that can't fully be sunk)
maybe gracie can help us make that happen.. especially if we went on a quest to discover main encoding chip thingy...
yes thinking there are a lot of fun variables here..and with the constant upgrading by the armada it makes sense that someday there might a be a main indestructible one and go from there story-wise...maybe it protects the main elite armada even..
stormy jen silver

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
stormyjensilverdra... on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
sounds a little like the plot in "9" but I do like this a lot..be even cooler if eventually it can be turned against its makers? XD because if was indestructible...similar to boss ships (that can't fully be sunk)
maybe gracie can help us make that happen.. especially if we went on a quest to discover main encoding chip thingy...
yes thinking there are a lot of fun variables here..and with the constant upgrading by the armada it makes sense that someday there might a be a main indestructible one and go from there story-wise...maybe it protects the main elite armada even..
stormy jen silver
I wouldn't think it would turn against their creators, even if it's a bit like a plot reference in "9" you mentioned, but some nods to it are noted. The Clockwork Armada Spy-der Queen & the various Clockwork Armada Spy-ders are completely loyal to Kane's & the Armada Elites' will, & will do anything they order them to. And, I would not say they're completely indestructible, & I can only say the Queen is not like the unsinkable boss ships. It would likely move as a larger boss creature/enemy that takes up some battleboard square tiles, though, the structures on it can be vulnerable to physical combat & can be destroyed, they would only slow down the Queen drastically, whose idea of said larger enemies/bosses can be found on one of my posts about that & evolutions to our prime battleboard combat system. Read it. You'll like it.

While many Clockwork Spy-ders can be destroyed through physical combat, the Spy-der Queen would be nearly indestructible, just not completely, though making a few dents to it would mess up it's functions, it would still make more Spy-ders, but the Queen's weakness still lies inside it's machinery, & the destruction of it's crucial mechanical structures inside would result in it's total destruction.

Still, would be nice to see them, since they would likely take over Deacon's spymaster responsibilities since his fall & do their best to spy on the Pirates' every move for him & still do battle in revenge for one of their fallen co-creators, but Bishop can augment them in many ways to boost their abilities, & they can still carry out orders given by Kane & the Armada Elites, even though some have fallen. & they have highly mechanized brains built in, so they can speak like the many Clockwork troops & the Elites, just a bit less in the robotic manner & tone & have some emotions.

The idea of Clockwork Spy-ders was on my mind for a long time, & they do sound like worthy additions to the Clockwork Armada's roster of countless armies. Legions, even.