Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please improve Carcarius in any way possible

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Hello Ratbeard,

First, I would like to thank you for your hard work on these new updates. They did change some things in the arena, some for worse, some for better, all depends from which classes points of view :D

I would like to ask you to consider, giving Carcarius Grimtooth one more useful tool that will help us, Witchdoctors, in the arena. I know that you did do so much to meet us half way, but Witches are still struggling. Maybe not like before, but we are still sitting ducks.

I am really happy that I can boost up my fire power that can kill one companion with Mournosng with critical hit. The only problem is that I never get to do that, not even to try that out. I get annihilated by charging units.

No one does even wait to pass at least 3 rounds to boost, protect or whatever, they just send Goronado, Nausica, Pete (pick your favorite) at first chance and we are done, they boost them along the way.

In my opinion, Privateers are top of the line now. And I am glad for them. They really had hard time like we did, like we still do.

People are telling me that we got Spell power boost, but that is not correct. Everyone got Spell Power boost. Each class has Old Scratch. And each class can use him, if not for WD attack powers, then for heals and Valors Armor, or even wound effect from back stab and assassins strike.

Don't let me start on Terror Cotta's. I am still not satisfied with the number of summons, it doesn't help at all. There are not too many to hold of the attack. When they are charging they are wiped by repeal boarders or overwatch. When they charge at me and my comps, our Readied Spell is not effective at all, we miss big time.

Bucc players and comps crit every time they hit us (without using crit powers), because our STR is low. But we, even with boosted Will, hardly crit, even with +25% chance to crit at each unit. Why is that? Is our critical rating lower then with other classes?

There is also a bug with Witch Hunter and it is really annoying. When two players or companions with staffy weapon have witch hunter and both are in range to attack, the witch hunter will trigger in this order:

First player will target the second player (with magic power or staffy hit), first players witch hunter activates, after that first players other epics (sometimes) activates, second players (player that is initially attacked) witch hunter activates, second players epics (sometimes) activates, first players original attack happens.

So you see, even if I target comp or player with witch hunter, my witch hunter will activate first and that doesn't make sense. It would be just like if First Strike triggering First Strike on another player, and that isn't the case.

Please, consider giving Carcarius, some protection or healing spell, something that will keep us alive or bring us back from death. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Ensign
May 23, 2015
Thanks Duncan for that nicely thought out analysis. I am a WD and everything you said is on point and very true. I have been arguing to improve our WD companion for months and instead they improve Scratch which is available to everyone and not to mention that Exeter must be bought for us to use him. Not exactly fair. But moving on I would like to reiterate that we need a debuff of our own or better yet on a WD specific companion. I am tired of playing defense against melee opponents when you have a hard time overcoming barrels that block our line of sight. Like you said charging is too hard to protect against given only one or two rounds to do anything. I can't even get a juju off because I have to cast valor to try and survive initial assault. Given the amount of time between updates we have already missed out on season one and season two is not looking much better. I don't think Champion is something I will see above my head anytime soon. But I am still trying and determined to find a way. We have a good arsenal of cards to play just would like to play them once in a while.

Petty Officer
May 14, 2011
Well, if I may suggest something: Try pairing together Scratch, Snake, and Carcarius. After a scratch buff and Carcarius buff then use snake to mournsong an enemy. Or, if you would cast a will buff then you could remove carcarius and replace him with Ratbeard, who could be used for his Hold the Line

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
reckless benjamin ... on Oct 5, 2015 wrote:
Well, if I may suggest something: Try pairing together Scratch, Snake, and Carcarius. After a scratch buff and Carcarius buff then use snake to mournsong an enemy. Or, if you would cast a will buff then you could remove carcarius and replace him with Ratbeard, who could be used for his Hold the Line
I use Carcarius mostly for Will Buff and Purge Magic. I can try to bring the Snake into the picture, but I always looked at her as super squishy companion.

I will try the combo with Ratbeard too. I will let you guys now how I did.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Carcarius is fine how he is. I used him vs Bucks on my Witch well before the update. Now w/ Scratch buff he's just as deadly mostly when (Believe it or not) you rush him vs Bucks. In Spar Hall I like to use Exeter, Scratch and Carc so I can slow them then move carc in range after I summoned everything. 100% boost w/ the drain does like 650 base and he loves to critical. Him mixed with scorps is a deadly combo because they can't rush him without taking cheap shot damage most of the time and risk being reduced by readied spell 3 and end up wasting there turn. Plus rushing him means you can after they kill off the scorps, purge the pirate and destroy them. I feel like what a lot of WD's don't want to try to do is rush. Because believe it or not if you have 9 scorps dealing 600 base dmg cause of the banner no one is gonna wanna rush you because of the cheap shot. So you can actually rush. Instead of asking for buffs try to figure out a good strategy??? I mean I see people complaining about Privy being bad when they've never struggled except for the players who just didn't know how to play the class or didn't wanna spend the time/money buying the staple items/comps to compete in competitive pvp. The problem is WD's and Privy expect to be handed on a gold platter buffs to balance out these weak players who don't want to get out of there comfort zone and rush. I can promise you if you learn how to rush as a Witch you'll find your consistent win rate go up by at least 10% currently my Witch is looking at a 1/3 ratio. I don't personally use Carc anymore but in this meta where scratch is dominating I can promise you, you can easily find a way to abuse his purge in this meta specifically when fighting other Witches/Privy. RUSH THEM USING HIS PURGE.... It works....

If you want to try Carc out try this: Toro, Scratch, Carc. El Toro boosts your summons and the witches acc so they have a lower chance to miss, Scratch can go buff -> Carc Drain, gg.

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
TechnomagePvP on Oct 7, 2015 wrote:
Carcarius is fine how he is. I used him vs Bucks on my Witch well before the update. Now w/ Scratch buff he's just as deadly mostly when (Believe it or not) you rush him vs Bucks. In Spar Hall I like to use Exeter, Scratch and Carc so I can slow them then move carc in range after I summoned everything. 100% boost w/ the drain does like 650 base and he loves to critical. Him mixed with scorps is a deadly combo because they can't rush him without taking cheap shot damage most of the time and risk being reduced by readied spell 3 and end up wasting there turn. Plus rushing him means you can after they kill off the scorps, purge the pirate and destroy them. I feel like what a lot of WD's don't want to try to do is rush. Because believe it or not if you have 9 scorps dealing 600 base dmg cause of the banner no one is gonna wanna rush you because of the cheap shot. So you can actually rush. Instead of asking for buffs try to figure out a good strategy??? I mean I see people complaining about Privy being bad when they've never struggled except for the players who just didn't know how to play the class or didn't wanna spend the time/money buying the staple items/comps to compete in competitive pvp. The problem is WD's and Privy expect to be handed on a gold platter buffs to balance out these weak players who don't want to get out of there comfort zone and rush. I can promise you if you learn how to rush as a Witch you'll find your consistent win rate go up by at least 10% currently my Witch is looking at a 1/3 ratio. I don't personally use Carc anymore but in this meta where scratch is dominating I can promise you, you can easily find a way to abuse his purge in this meta specifically when fighting other Witches/Privy. RUSH THEM USING HIS PURGE.... It works....

If you want to try Carc out try this: Toro, Scratch, Carc. El Toro boosts your summons and the witches acc so they have a lower chance to miss, Scratch can go buff -> Carc Drain, gg.
I like where you are going with this.

I never rush, I even use Summers Champ Wand so I could barricade myself in fire. I will try your approach and see how far it will let me go.

I will definitively try out the strategy with Scorps and banner. Thank you for the advice.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman