Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Poison vs Resist

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thomas Sunhammer on Nov 11, 2015 wrote:
If you want me to screen shot I am more than welcome too. Though I dont know how on these message boards. I dont see any attachment option. Tell me how to put them on here and ill do so :)

I did NOT make it undefeated but then this was my first time doing ranked pvp with my buckler. As I expected MOST of all the losses I did endure were caused by OTHER bucklers. A few came because I calibrating my deck for the first time and figuring out how to get past scent pets and so on. But for the most part they were bucklers.

The important part of all this was that I made it to champion WITHOUT using the purge amulet. And with relative ease for a "buckler noobie." I had of course pvped with him before but not very much and not ranked. And yup bucklers dont need purge to make it to champion. Not only that but making it to champion as a buckler was WAY easier then getting any of my other pirates there. Since then I have done some practice pvp matches WITH my purge amulet and I tear people appart. Either right away from a rush or later on cause I forced them to burn through defenses too fast.

Purge on a buckler is over powered and not necessary to reach champion. And that is all there is to it.
A lot of gear isn't "necessary" for winning, so what's the point of removing a valued piece of gear from EVERYONE just so you can have an easier time beating SBs?
As I've noted before Purge can be used by anyone, and it's a direct counter to shield stacking ( which is the main reason you hate it ) SBs need to get past the shields that buff your health and armor, otherwise we're vulnerable when we leave hide.
Other classes, too, need it to remove those shields. Are you going to nerf those classes because you can't deal with Purge?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Thomas Sunhammer on Nov 11, 2015 wrote:
If you want me to screen shot I am more than welcome too. Though I dont know how on these message boards. I dont see any attachment option. Tell me how to put them on here and ill do so :)

I did NOT make it undefeated but then this was my first time doing ranked pvp with my buckler. As I expected MOST of all the losses I did endure were caused by OTHER bucklers. A few came because I calibrating my deck for the first time and figuring out how to get past scent pets and so on. But for the most part they were bucklers.

The important part of all this was that I made it to champion WITHOUT using the purge amulet. And with relative ease for a "buckler noobie." I had of course pvped with him before but not very much and not ranked. And yup bucklers dont need purge to make it to champion. Not only that but making it to champion as a buckler was WAY easier then getting any of my other pirates there. Since then I have done some practice pvp matches WITH my purge amulet and I tear people appart. Either right away from a rush or later on cause I forced them to burn through defenses too fast.

Purge on a buckler is over powered and not necessary to reach champion. And that is all there is to it.
So my point still stands lol. You were unable to take your buckler to Champion undefeated via 1v1 even though it is supposedly ridiculously easy and the class is supposedly ridiculously OP. As far as I'm concerned the case is closed.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Oct 22, 2015 wrote:
Cool if resist and armor affects poison I nominate it receive buffs from agility and be stackable. If it removes me from hide I nominate it do x2 damage. Bleeding from assassins strike can NOT critical.
Stacking agility buffs...
Unless other buffs can stack too (including, WIll, strength, critical, dodge, accuracy, spooky, etc.) That will probably not happen in the forseeable game future.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
So my point still stands lol. You were unable to take your buckler to Champion undefeated via 1v1 even though it is supposedly ridiculously easy and the class is supposedly ridiculously OP. As far as I'm concerned the case is closed.
OP= Over Powered.
Doesn't mean skill, or gear, or gaming record or whatever you said a while ago.
OP means Over Powered abilities, buffs, etc. Privies are slightly OP with our heals and buffs (only if we can get them.), but so are Witchdoctors with their unlimited range bleeding hits. And so are Buccaneers with their endless rain of attacks. And so are Musketeers with their traps.
Swashbucklers just have the most potent of these attacks. Beyond that, their natural skills almost entirely neutralize those OP powers of other classes. Alert, reduces trap damage by 50%. High Dodge rate combined with multiple levels of riposte make a buccaneer with bladestorm and relentless regret ever having those abilities. Invisibility, Witchdoctors can't hit them with their OP power. Privateers, with all our healing and shields, just can't get pass the poison and assasin blade spamming.
It's not easy as butter for Swash to win up to the top, but it is easier.
OP, we are all somewhat, but Swash just counters everyone too much.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
noahdd on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
OP= Over Powered.
Doesn't mean skill, or gear, or gaming record or whatever you said a while ago.
OP means Over Powered abilities, buffs, etc. Privies are slightly OP with our heals and buffs (only if we can get them.), but so are Witchdoctors with their unlimited range bleeding hits. And so are Buccaneers with their endless rain of attacks. And so are Musketeers with their traps.
Swashbucklers just have the most potent of these attacks. Beyond that, their natural skills almost entirely neutralize those OP powers of other classes. Alert, reduces trap damage by 50%. High Dodge rate combined with multiple levels of riposte make a buccaneer with bladestorm and relentless regret ever having those abilities. Invisibility, Witchdoctors can't hit them with their OP power. Privateers, with all our healing and shields, just can't get pass the poison and assasin blade spamming.
It's not easy as butter for Swash to win up to the top, but it is easier.
OP, we are all somewhat, but Swash just counters everyone too much.
So, if everyone is OP equally, then no one is OP, even the swashbuckler who is weakest in health and shields/armor.
If certain SBs have thought ahead and taken the effort to get the gear, then it falls to the other classes to equally prepare to face any class ( including SBs. )

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
So, if everyone is OP equally, then no one is OP, even the swashbuckler who is weakest in health and shields/armor.
If certain SBs have thought ahead and taken the effort to get the gear, then it falls to the other classes to equally prepare to face any class ( including SBs. )
Hold the phone.
Ok, I've heard many SB practically shout at me that they have great armor (normally midlevel) and even better health (that was actually true).
The gear does help any class, and as I said prior to this, SB just naturally counter many classes. If the counters were mostly removed, save for the hit poisons or croup poisons, they would be around the other classes level in capability of countering. Don't, please don't, become the press and twist my words. SB are good at countering and can survive ridiculous amounts of time without even one heal. I wouldn't even be posting this if people wouldn't gang up on one another. I was just saying, Swash are really, really too good at countering other classes. That gives them an edge. But also note that I played the devil's advocate to myself last time and said that other classes are as well. Muskets trap, Hoodoo do hit poison spells and jobus, Buccaneers can go on hitting for an enormous amount of time, and Privateers buff.
Look, I didn't come to fight, or to sling any kind of mud around, but if I need to descend to your level to prove my point, then I should rather just stop posting.

Thank you and good day.