Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Forbiddance not enough range

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 23, 2015
Ratbeard can you consider increasing the range to unlimited for this WD power. Currently with staff equipped I am only getting a 4 range. It does no good to have to wait till the opponent is in range to use it. If we have a chance at removing black fog etc I would like to try before they have a chance to use it. It is a long shot anyways to begin with to remove the right power card and having to go first to use it reduces the chance to get it off by half as well. Thanks.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Mike888b on Sep 23, 2015 wrote:
Ratbeard can you consider increasing the range to unlimited for this WD power. Currently with staff equipped I am only getting a 4 range. It does no good to have to wait till the opponent is in range to use it. If we have a chance at removing black fog etc I would like to try before they have a chance to use it. It is a long shot anyways to begin with to remove the right power card and having to go first to use it reduces the chance to get it off by half as well. Thanks.
Always dangerous to rely on one power alone. See if you can create different strategies that can still utilize this move somehow. Practice!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
that would ridiculous, swashbucklers are easy enough to overcome if you get 2nd move the real problem is bucks, and forbiddance infinite range or not wont stop them

Ensign
May 23, 2015
So why have it in the game at all? Just like purge magic has no real use then. We have to play with what KI gives us which is sad to say not thought out completely or has limited use. Both of those powers are very limited on range which would make no difference in the outcome if the opponent is that close already. Second, we are giving up something too for the "chance" that some card could be eliminated. Same with purge it wipes out our buffs as well. So what is the big deal something for something not exactly an OP power.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
I totally agree. With my 5 range staff i can use it when the opponent is 6 squares away. Which, quite frankly, doesn't cut it. It is a risky and unreliable power to begin with. Now that its range is limited to your staff range, it's almost useless. Especially as a PvP Only Power. I doubt anyone is using forbiddance in their matches regularly because of how handicapped it is.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DeathWiz101378 on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
I totally agree. With my 5 range staff i can use it when the opponent is 6 squares away. Which, quite frankly, doesn't cut it. It is a risky and unreliable power to begin with. Now that its range is limited to your staff range, it's almost useless. Especially as a PvP Only Power. I doubt anyone is using forbiddance in their matches regularly because of how handicapped it is.
Since it is powerful, it needs a handicap.

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
I don't think its that op all thou It could remove my black fog all my assassins or all my hides nvm

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
It is not powerful. It removes one card from your hand and the opponents, at random. You're already removing one of your own precious cards in exchange for an opponents card, which you have no idea what card it is. You could end up removing a useless power and do them a favour. To make it even remotely useful, it should be infinite range.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Powerful? It is probably one of the worst powers in a witchdoctor's collection. Firstly, it is PvP only. Secondly, it only works on the pirate, not a companion with a super strong power card. Thirdly, it removes one of your own powers as well. Fourthly, it removes a random power from your opponents hand, making it unreliable. Lastly, it can't be used unless they are in range of a basic attack. With all those cons, forbiddance is hardly worth anything.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
DeathWiz101378 on Sep 27, 2015 wrote:
Powerful? It is probably one of the worst powers in a witchdoctor's collection. Firstly, it is PvP only. Secondly, it only works on the pirate, not a companion with a super strong power card. Thirdly, it removes one of your own powers as well. Fourthly, it removes a random power from your opponents hand, making it unreliable. Lastly, it can't be used unless they are in range of a basic attack. With all those cons, forbiddance is hardly worth anything.
Right, I reset training points tomorrow, not getting this again for now, let's see if they improve it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the midnightpirate on Sep 26, 2015 wrote:
I don't think its that op all thou It could remove my black fog all my assassins or all my hides nvm
Not all, just one; and one, moreover, that is already in your hand! As it happened to me by a Privy and my WID was removed! ( I don't know what he lost, but I bet it wasn't a crucial a power to him as it was to me. )
But, if you're serious about PVP, then training this power could be important. Giving it an extended range wouldn't be fair.
You could compare this to both Purges, you have to be in the area for them to work.