Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What will the new update be?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Hello Fellow Pirates! I've been wondering about this topic for a year now and wanted to see what your thoughts would be on it. We know that in the last almost 2 years we have been waiting for a new world. I think the new world could possibly be a Valencia expansion or something along those lines. What do you think?

Ensign
Aug 18, 2015
you have a good point with the Valencia expansion, because if you look in game worlds and go to Valencia you'll see pictures of places pirates have never been to.

Bloody Max Level 44 signing out

Ensign
Aug 18, 2015
Unfair Angel on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
Hello Fellow Pirates! I've been wondering about this topic for a year now and wanted to see what your thoughts would be on it. We know that in the last almost 2 years we have been waiting for a new world. I think the new world could possibly be a Valencia expansion or something along those lines. What do you think?
maybe krok to!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Well we do know one thing about any new world / update

It will NOT happen this year / KI has already told us that much -

Ensign
Jul 08, 2012
Krigleblort on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:
Well we do know one thing about any new world / update

It will NOT happen this year / KI has already told us that much -
Really? Could you maybe show a post from them that says the update won't happen this year(still hoping for the random release that nobody thought would happen in November)?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Alas you are yet of those many who HOPE for a lot of things to only have them not happen.

I would suggest you re-read the producers letter

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Hopefully soon, I'm looking forward for that day. The day for our maxed leveled pirate(s) doing some new adventures and other stuff.For the mean time, it's a good chance to work on our lower leveled or create new a pirate character or three, if there is/are any around/ empty space(s) .For six maxed leveled characters hang on there, that clockwork elite can't hide forever.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
A long time coming and, if it's just fluff (as it's likely to be), a bit of a disappointment.

I want story, not more PVP pets and silly gauntlets, whether they're nautical or on land. At least with story you can run 'em solo if you have no friends on-line -- not an option with gauntlets unless you don't mind running with strangers that may or may not flake on you partway through.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
A long time coming and, if it's just fluff (as it's likely to be), a bit of a disappointment.

I want story, not more PVP pets and silly gauntlets, whether they're nautical or on land. At least with story you can run 'em solo if you have no friends on-line -- not an option with gauntlets unless you don't mind running with strangers that may or may not flake on you partway through.
I totally agree with you on that point. I want more story, and I want to do more companion promotions as well.

Ensign
Oct 29, 2011
I completely agree with the above posts. We need the storyline to continue a 100 times more than we need new PvP/gauntlets, etc.

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
In the last Friday's notes, it was stated that "winter is coming". This could be a hint of some kind or nothing at all (you never can tell with KI). W101 is getting Polaris in the very near future and a P101 world update could follow shortly after. Now that it's one team, updates and fixes are coming more rapidly (look at the fixes we have already seen). We will have to wait and see if we get something in Nov-Dec or wait until Jan-Feb, the next major update will include a new world. The KI team has mentioned several times they understand we want a new world and they are working quickly to make that happen. PvP has brought people back to the game and now the next major push is to continue the story.

Call me hopefully optimistic but this new (more seasoned) team will not let us down. It was recently announced that W101 just reached its 7 years, "Lots of experience/knowledge which is good news for us pirates!"

Ensign
Feb 24, 2012
I totally agree that we need a new world. I admit I'm still playing on my first pirate (his name's Cunning Michael Sharp, and he's a Swashbuckler) and haven't reached the current max level yet. I've just made it to MooShu and am now traveling through the Khotan Skyway, just so you have an estimate of how far I've progressed in the main storyline.

I have however kept an eye on the Tradewinds Tribune (that is how the news/update pages are called, right?) and found out that PvP has only recently received a Ranked gauntlet. While that's a pretty neat addition, I am mostly concerned with stories. I always look for a game with a good, moving, funny, and compelling storyline. The story in Pirate101 has all those elements and more, which is mainly why I'm so in love with this game even though I'm 22 years old!

According to the Tradewinds Tribune and a message board post I read before writing this, the last expansion update was nearly 2 years ago. When I check out the Wizard101 message boards, that game is getting a new world pretty soon. This is why I think KI is focusing all of their attention on W101, perhaps because it has only just turned 7, I'm not really sure. But it's clear I'm not the only one who thinks we, the pirates of the Spiral (pardon me for role-playing a little bit ), deserve a new expansion too!

Honestly, I'm not exactly concerned with what world the next expansion will add to the game (although I'd absolutely love to see Krokotopia here! Yes, I've played W101 before, too, but I like the battle mechanics of P101 much better). I simply believe the KI team should at the very least give us an estimate of when we can expect to see our new world added to the game. Why did they make us pirates wait to long? I really do hope we'll get an answer soon, though I have to admit I'm not very optimistic about all this.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Tbh I don't think most players care what the update will contain. Players only care about WHEN the will come about.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Paprika2215 on Oct 6, 2015 wrote:
I totally agree that we need a new world. I admit I'm still playing on my first pirate (his name's Cunning Michael Sharp, and he's a Swashbuckler) and haven't reached the current max level yet. I've just made it to MooShu and am now traveling through the Khotan Skyway, just so you have an estimate of how far I've progressed in the main storyline.

I have however kept an eye on the Tradewinds Tribune (that is how the news/update pages are called, right?) and found out that PvP has only recently received a Ranked gauntlet. While that's a pretty neat addition, I am mostly concerned with stories. I always look for a game with a good, moving, funny, and compelling storyline. The story in Pirate101 has all those elements and more, which is mainly why I'm so in love with this game even though I'm 22 years old!

According to the Tradewinds Tribune and a message board post I read before writing this, the last expansion update was nearly 2 years ago. When I check out the Wizard101 message boards, that game is getting a new world pretty soon. This is why I think KI is focusing all of their attention on W101, perhaps because it has only just turned 7, I'm not really sure. But it's clear I'm not the only one who thinks we, the pirates of the Spiral (pardon me for role-playing a little bit ), deserve a new expansion too!

Honestly, I'm not exactly concerned with what world the next expansion will add to the game (although I'd absolutely love to see Krokotopia here! Yes, I've played W101 before, too, but I like the battle mechanics of P101 much better). I simply believe the KI team should at the very least give us an estimate of when we can expect to see our new world added to the game. Why did they make us pirates wait to long? I really do hope we'll get an answer soon, though I have to admit I'm not very optimistic about all this.
You know that KI's MMO Live Team are now focused on updating both games at once instead of each team of W101 & P101's members alternating between the two games time to time, right? I think them forming the MMO Live Team is a lot better because with one team updating both games at the same time, it really reduces the waiting time to provide updates to both games, rather than having to wait as one game gets updates & the other does & so on.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I have a good feeling that the 15th will bring some promising surprises for us

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
We have no idea about how & when our next story update will be, though, I'm presuming that they might have to delay it so they could create the very amazing special moments that really got the story exciting & flowing & rocked our worlds, like in specific story moments in Khrysalis that had dynamic world cinematic cutscenes & places the game to that kind of level they did before, E.G., the scene about Dyvim Whitehart & the Brood Mother, the bombing attack at the Honeycomb Gate scene, the epic Great Beast adventure, the 2nd Morganthe memory, & the release of Old Cob, know what I mean?

Let's hope they make these moments!

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on Oct 8, 2015 wrote:
I have a good feeling that the 15th will bring some promising surprises for us
I knew it! They ARE going to combine Wizard and Pirate! Just a thought, don't go all ape on KI if I'm wrong.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
I don't know, but at this point I'll take almost any major update to the game that's not just bug fixes and the like. It's been a long time coming, and at this point I think that KI just needs to tell us if something is currently in the works or not. They owe their fans that much at least.