Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Vote for best class in ranked!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 14, 2013
I will start with giving my thoughts on classes then ask your opinions. First thing I need to say is there are a few things you need to know about me and where I am coming from on my votes.
1 I do not know enough about privy to vote on them
2 I do not use any crowns companions or crowns items hence I cannot speak with knowledge of using those things with any given class.
3 I have to champion classes (buck and buckler), but witch and musket are my favorite classes to play, so sorry if I am bias toward those classes.

DEFINING LUCK in my experience I have observed that luck is not so much how often critical, stun, how often you hit or dodge, but rather the timing of it. Say two bucks play and buck 1 attacks buck2 with assassin strike and has super assassin strike, but then buck 2 has super vengeance strike the they enter into the normal bash back and forth like bucs do with buck 2 getting a couple more critical hits than the attacking buck. In that situation even though the attacking buck had less critical the super assassin will likely still be the difference, so he had less "luck" but in reality he had better luck. There are many other such type scenarios that I won't go into. This is why I say luck is more timing of good than the amount of good things.
More important though than those things is your powers bar. I have seen many times where better players lose to lesser players simply because the skill bar came badly for the better player. This is specially a problem for classes with a lot of skills or any one skill that they cannot win withuot.

Ok now for my vote:
1 Buck this was a tough choice between buckler and buck, but I went with buck because buck has proven more consistent for me from one battle to the next. That said if a equal buckler goes head to head with my buck and has decent luck (see what I mean by luck above) the buckler will beat my buck. However, buck does not rely on one skill like buckler does (black fog) and has less powers so they are more consistent for me, but with a lower (maybe) peak than buckler.

2 Buckler is my number two choice. Buckler it would seem is the most dominant single class in game right now in higher ranks and I think that says enough. Only reason I put them second to buck is because if our fog won't show for some reason and with having so many skills we are more random than bucks tend to be.

3 Musket of course is still a class you can win matches with, as long as not facing a great buckler. Still I put them below buckler because they usually lose against a decent buckler (not saying they cannot win just hard)

5 I put witch as the worst class mainly because they pretty much lose without moo robe. I think witches need help badly and I don't even mind witches using moo robe. I have seen the best witch in the game (maybe best player in the game period) struggle to win with his witch even using moo robe.

As I said earlier I do not know enough about privy to have an opinnion about them.

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
perilousoffington on Sep 12, 2015 wrote:
I will start with giving my thoughts on classes then ask your opinions. First thing I need to say is there are a few things you need to know about me and where I am coming from on my votes.
2 I do not use any crowns companions or crowns items hence I cannot speak with knowledge of using those things with any given class.
3 I have to champion classes (buck and buckler), but witch and musket are my favorite classes to play, so sorry if I am bias toward those classes.

DEFINING LUCK in my experience I have observed that luck is not so much how often critical, stun, how often you hit or dodge, but rather the timing of it. Say two bucks play and buck 1 attacks buck2 with assassin strike and has super assassin strike, but then buck 2 has super vengeance strike the they enter into the normal bash back and forth like bucs do with buck 2 getting a couple more critical hits than the attacking buck. In that situation even though the attacking buck had less critical the super assassin will likely still be the difference, so he had less "luck" but in reality he had better luck. There are many other such type scenarios that I won't go into. This is why I say luck is more timing of good than the amount of good things.
More important though than those things is your powers bar. I have seen many times where better players lose to lesser players simply because the skill bar came badly for the better player. This is specially a problem for classes with a lot of skills or any one skill that they cannot win withuot.

Ok now for my vote:
1 Buck this was a tough choice between buckler and buck, but I went with buck because buck has proven more consistent for me from one battle to the next. That said if a equal buckler goes head to head with my buck and has decent luck (see what I mean by luck above) the buckler will beat my buck. However, buck does not rely on one skill like buckler does (black fog) and has less powers so they are more consistent for me, but with a lower (maybe) peak than buckler.

2 Buckler is my number two choice. Buckler it would seem is the most dominant single class in game right now in higher ranks and I think that says enough. Only reason I put them second to buck is because if our fog won't show for some reason and with having so many skills we are more random than bucks tend to be.

3 Musket of course is still a class you can win matches with, as long as not facing a great buckler. Still I put them below buckler because they usually lose against a decent buckler (not saying they cannot win just hard)

5 I put witch as the worst class mainly because they pretty much lose without moo robe. I think witches need help badly and I don't even mind witches using moo robe. I have seen the best witch in the game (maybe best player in the game period) struggle to win with his witch even using moo robe.

As I said earlier I do not know enough about privy to have an opinnion about them.
Pretty good votes my vote for the best is gonna have to be the same as your buck is number one for me

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I would put Musketeer above Buckler, but I'm going with the top choice - Buccaneer.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012

Ok now for my vote:

Buck is no doubt the top dog here atm, they get access to so many assassin strikes and the tide 3 elusive 3 combo even muskets misses. And privy wow that's an interesting situation to judge, they have many advantages and disadvantages leaving it really too if zeal shows up the right time or if yu just get some bombs instead.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
No contest imo.
1. Swashbuckler
2. Buccaneer
3. Musketeer
4. Witchdoctor
5. Privateer

Ensign
Dec 14, 2013
TY everyone for your input!
Result so far is:
Buck 4

Buckler1

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012

Ok now for my vote:

I remember the days when buck used to be the worst class and privy was the best. Sigh, I miss those days.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
1. Bucc
2. Buckler
3. Musket
4. Witch
5. Privy
I might switch Buckler and Musket, not sure.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
From my 1st and 2nd hand of opinion from playing all these classes with the highest caliber tier of items/sets/comps I found this to be a very truly accurate tier

1. Buck - Obviously the fast meta revolves around chains and Buck own that they just have so much pressure and without Frozen Tide highland is a force of pressure, they can win w/ or without moo robe but a Buck with one is just too deadly to handle mostly when rushed with that and add on Pete buff + possibly Toro they're just deadly
2. Privateer - This is a summon meta, Privy IMO out class everyone in a summon war but obviously there one flaw which makes Buck above them is they can't really late game w/ out shroud and even then they can get out spammed by a Buck if the Buck is in tide+has an accuracy buff. But Privy can almost always win the summon war which is what makes them a deadly force and they can even heal the summons with group heals to make them practically brand new.
3. Swashbuckler - They're amazing but if there enemy gets lucky and have a scent pet spawn in it could cause for disaster. The barricade strategy forces them to rush w/ out buffs or else they waste fog, etc. Many flaws but obviously pros of massive damage output via Fog and curse is just amazing late game shut down when trying to finish off the pirate.
4. Musketeer - now call me crazy but Nausica hurts a lot even when you bring purge. You almost have to bring a full musket team as a Musket yourself and if you get nausica rushed early on it can be perma damage that can lose you the match. There isn't much for musket to do in this meta and they can easily be out damaged.
5. Witchdoctor - Now I found my Witch much easier to play then Musket but musket actually has some advantages to offer like sky spirit trained for massive damage and knock back bombs for extreme AOE damage and protection unlike witches which have to give up range for scorps and they just look like a cheap knock off of Privy but with more damage which isn't enuf.