Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

ways to beat privateers with moo robe and staff

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 27, 2013
Ok I think I speak for all of us when I say the most annoying thing ever for bucklers is either damage reduction or dealing with minions, but not just those easy to beat one summon things I mean moves that summon 9 enemies in one turn. The hoplite move isn't the end of the world I guess because they only have riposte and they hardly ever block, but the moo robe and the nefarious staff can change a 4v4 to a 4v22 which I don't think is very fair. I know lots of us have lost in an unfair way but this is definitely one of the worst ways to lose a fight. Privateers buff companions mainly so once you finally get past all those enemies their companions are almost unbeatable cause of damage reduction so of course you lose the fight when you are doing 200 damage when you super assassin. I need a strategy for beating them normally I fog and then rush in, but then I have tons of enemies attacking me from behind all doing roughly 100-150 damage per hit so I lose again. Please help bucklers and other classes win these PvP matches because it isn't very fair to just hide and not take any damage while we have to suffer through that match or just give up hope and flee. Post below strategies that worked for you
Brave Arthur Davis level 65 witch
Reckless Jack Collins level 65 buckler
See you in the skyways

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Easy Ace on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
Ok I think I speak for all of us when I say the most annoying thing ever for bucklers is either damage reduction or dealing with minions, but not just those easy to beat one summon things I mean moves that summon 9 enemies in one turn. The hoplite move isn't the end of the world I guess because they only have riposte and they hardly ever block, but the moo robe and the nefarious staff can change a 4v4 to a 4v22 which I don't think is very fair. I know lots of us have lost in an unfair way but this is definitely one of the worst ways to lose a fight. Privateers buff companions mainly so once you finally get past all those enemies their companions are almost unbeatable cause of damage reduction so of course you lose the fight when you are doing 200 damage when you super assassin. I need a strategy for beating them normally I fog and then rush in, but then I have tons of enemies attacking me from behind all doing roughly 100-150 damage per hit so I lose again. Please help bucklers and other classes win these PvP matches because it isn't very fair to just hide and not take any damage while we have to suffer through that match or just give up hope and flee. Post below strategies that worked for you
See you in the skyways
Im surprised your having trouble with it, unless they have a scent pet that set up is weak against buckler, i also thought youd be complaining more about bucks with all swash teams

Ensign
Jul 27, 2013
zuto4011a on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
Im surprised your having trouble with it, unless they have a scent pet that set up is weak against buckler, i also thought youd be complaining more about bucks with all swash teams
Well its not that hard to breed a scent pet or equip fins goggles...Bucks are hard for me with their damage reduction but I just wait them out usually. I also have max witch and its even worse there... if you have any ideas plz help.

See you in the skyways

Ensign
Jul 27, 2013
It isn't that hard to breed a scent pet or even a scent three pet. The problem for me is reaching them before they have fortress or armor on every single enemy companion and themselves.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Easy Ace on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
See you in the skyways
Easy Ace, if you have good dodge, the scorpion swarm is no problem ( even buffed, even with the beast banner ) - I usually ignore them. They try to hit me but I just FS and Riposte them to death, lol, so can you. The Cotta are terrible ( so true ) but I encourage you to try this - DO NOT FOG I know the temptation, but just don't. If they have no target, they just use Leviathan.
Go to a corner and let them come to you, use Gunnery and Hurl Knives, have your team attack before they use charge. If you can damage them badly enough their own explosions will take them out, plus, if you get lucky they can block the other side from attacking.
Then you can fog to buff and heal or wait out the cotta's debuff. The thing about Privateer's buffs are that they have a limited time - their best one ( Zeal ) lasts only 3 turns. Imagine what you can do in 3 turns with fog .

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
The biggest complication that the Moo Dudes offer me is when they surround you and you can't move. The accuracy debuff is an inconvenience, but the meat shield that the Robe can provide is a substantial obstacle.

Ensign
Jul 27, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 12, 2015 wrote:
Easy Ace, if you have good dodge, the scorpion swarm is no problem ( even buffed, even with the beast banner ) - I usually ignore them. They try to hit me but I just FS and Riposte them to death, lol, so can you. The Cotta are terrible ( so true ) but I encourage you to try this - DO NOT FOG I know the temptation, but just don't. If they have no target, they just use Leviathan.
Go to a corner and let them come to you, use Gunnery and Hurl Knives, have your team attack before they use charge. If you can damage them badly enough their own explosions will take them out, plus, if you get lucky they can block the other side from attacking.
Then you can fog to buff and heal or wait out the cotta's debuff. The thing about Privateer's buffs are that they have a limited time - their best one ( Zeal ) lasts only 3 turns. Imagine what you can do in 3 turns with fog .
The hurl knives idea seems like it would work. So does the gunnery idea, but the thing is they usually train in witch so they can still attack me when I am not hidden. I would have a 1 verse 4 to win which I probably wouldn't.
Thank you for the ideas

See you in the skyways

Ensign
Jul 27, 2013
Spiral Cowboy on Sep 12, 2015 wrote:
The biggest complication that the Moo Dudes offer me is when they surround you and you can't move. The accuracy debuff is an inconvenience, but the meat shield that the Robe can provide is a substantial obstacle.
I know exactly what you mean, I hate when I can't reach them.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Privateers choosing to be paper tigers.......so sad.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey