Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Item Sets and Item locking and Deck Presets

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 26, 2014
Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
ArmoredBuccaneer on Sep 8, 2015 wrote:
the subject explains it
Yeah, I'd be particularly interested in pre-set decks, you could even add pre-set gear to it too.

It's kind of annoying no one in tower gives you time to change gear/powers (mostly for nefarious and beyond) because its all about rush rush rush and dont forget fast combat blah blah...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I actually think this is a great idea & in fact suggested it quite a while back.

Assigning 'Hotkeys' to specific sets of gear & Powers rosters based on those hotkeyed, gear setups, would be quite nice. I'm sure there'd be some very tricky programming issues, like: if a piece of card gear in the set was no longer in your pirate's backpack, a certain pet wasn't equipped that may have granted your pirate powers in your preset deck, linking the 'correct' power deck w/ the 'hotkeyed' gear set, & probably so many more. Maybe a warning like "Missing Item from Assigned Set" could be displayed.

But if it could be done within the programming & without causing too many bugs/issues....I would absolutely welcome it & find it extremely useful. I quite often switch from my 'Pet Set' (w/ all four of the +5 Energy items), to my 'Battle Gear'...and then back again. Something to help from having to constantly re-sort the power roster, would be fantastic. Also, I just started experimenting as a combo, Shooty/Slashy Buccaneer, and that gear/power/pet set up varies drastically from my 'standard' Buck gear set up. To be able to 'simply' hold down and click a couple of keys, and have your sets magically appear and be arranged, would be oh so sweet. But something tells me that this would be extremely problematic within the confines of the programming. Other games allow this kind of Hotkeying but P101 gear is far more technical and complex, or at least it appears that way.

If it could be done, then just imagine from the backpack page being able to hold down, say Ctrl-Z, and then click on the #'s 1-5 to simply assign the current gear set to one of those #'s. Once you have sorted the power roster to your liking, from the power roster interface you could assign that roster to hotkeyed gear set, by holding Alt-Z and clicking on the appropriate #. To 'equip' the set up & roster, you could then hold down Ctrl-Alt-Z and click the desired # assigned to the gear set.

Or something like that...

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
I dont have much experience with it, but doesnt Wizard have similar feature?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Silver Angel on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
I dont have much experience with it, but doesnt Wizard have similar feature?
I'm not sure about that, I haven't played Wiz, yet. Maybe there is something like that already in place in Wizland and maybe some who play may know and care to share. That would be pretty cool if there was some sort of 'hotkey' system for Wizard gear. But is Wizard gear as 'involved' as pirate gear is? Again, I'm not sure how it works and if there are multiple slots for several different gear items. Or maybe if the system is in place, it is just for the spell cards? Might need a Wizard to weigh in on this one-- it'd be interesting to know.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
I'm not sure about that, I haven't played Wiz, yet. Maybe there is something like that already in place in Wizland and maybe some who play may know and care to share. That would be pretty cool if there was some sort of 'hotkey' system for Wizard gear. But is Wizard gear as 'involved' as pirate gear is? Again, I'm not sure how it works and if there are multiple slots for several different gear items. Or maybe if the system is in place, it is just for the spell cards? Might need a Wizard to weigh in on this one-- it'd be interesting to know.
Well I've only been playing WIzard a little, but I know you can use multiple decks of skill cards, name them, and just go in your bag to equip this or that deck for a given situation. I'm not sure if there's a short key, but it doesnt seem too hard to implement for our pirates.
I also know there's an "equipment set" feature, but I havent tried it yet...