Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Color Option For Mounts Please!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 15, 2011
There are rental mounts in the crown shop with interesting colors, but they're impossible to obtain permanently. There was a glitch that allowed players to change the color of their permanent mounts by placing them at home somehow, but that has been patched. I recently met a player with a beautiful pair of blue clockwork wings (permanent), and I wondered how I could possibly get a pair of my own. It's impossible to dye the ones I already have, and my only alternative would be to spend 2,000 crowns a week on rental ones to maintain the mount. I don't have that kind of money, but is it really so much to ask for a color change or option when purchasing a mount? My flag colors are black and slate(blue), and since my character wears all black, a pair of blue wings would compliment my firstmate; a black and slate batacuda. Anyone else have any opinions on this?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Keena Ironweaver on Sep 7, 2015 wrote:
There are rental mounts in the crown shop with interesting colors, but they're impossible to obtain permanently. There was a glitch that allowed players to change the color of their permanent mounts by placing them at home somehow, but that has been patched. I recently met a player with a beautiful pair of blue clockwork wings (permanent), and I wondered how I could possibly get a pair of my own. It's impossible to dye the ones I already have, and my only alternative would be to spend 2,000 crowns a week on rental ones to maintain the mount. I don't have that kind of money, but is it really so much to ask for a color change or option when purchasing a mount? My flag colors are black and slate(blue), and since my character wears all black, a pair of blue wings would compliment my firstmate; a black and slate batacuda. Anyone else have any opinions on this?
Hi Keena, welcome to the message boards. Great idea. I would LOVE to dye some of my mounts too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A hearty welcome and a wonderful idea, I would love to dye my Pegasus in more dramatic colors - I wouldn't want to match my flag ( an olive and cyan flying horse - ugh ). It would be nice if we could dye pets as well.