Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Confirmed Terracotta warriors bug

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
Ratbeard, I was playing pvp today and I took a screenshot of a terracotta warrior summoning a second leviathan's call. I don't know how to send it, if you want proof, but I have it. Also the first levi call was summoned by all nine warriors in the first round. They also spread out their vicious charges now so as to increase the duration of non-musketeers missing everything.

I know you believe in giving good items to people who farm a lot, but this might be a bit over the top. It is every buccaneer's dream to simultaneously cut the accuracy of all three of the opponent's companions in half (as well as the player if he/she isn't hidden) while tanking approximately ten thousand damage and blocking your opponent's path to your own character, only using one turn to do so. Right now, the moo robes do that. Furthermore, even if the warriors have a weak attack, the explosions do about one hundred damage each, for a total of nine hundred damage to non-shielded characters and companions. And that's if you don't add up the area of effect. If you don't believe me about tanking ten thousand damage, add it up. Each warrior has about six hundred health, times two for leviathan's call, times nine for nine warriors.

I know in an earlier post I claimed the summons were not much of a problem, but as my rank increases I am finding it harder and harder to counter this. My own epics betray me. If the opponent uses swashbuckler companions, they riposte all of my guys even when I don't attack them because of first strike, vengeance strike, etc. My strategy has been to use my own vicious charge, repel boarders, and buccaneer strike to reduce my opponent's accuracy, but a single item that any class can get is somehow more effective at achieving this end than the class to which these abilities belong to.

For comparison, how about you make four other robes that each summon nine warriors. Give one set walk in darkness and assassin's strike, another one the big guns and valor's fortress, a third one mojo blade and mojo storm, and the final set sniper shot and rain of cannonballs. Oh and give them a 50% chance of drawing one of these abilities EVERY TURN. Then tell me these four robes aren't OP. Yeah, that's how I feel.

Developer
The draw chance is not 50% per turn. It should be 50% to have them, or not.

But I am glad to have another confirmation of this bug. I believe we have a fix on LC already in (but not Live yet, to my knowledge).

I am not sure if QA has been able to reproduce the issue with VC-- but if they had, I don't think it would Live yet either.

Ensign
May 23, 2015
bluba4 on Aug 18, 2015 wrote:
Ratbeard, I was playing pvp today and I took a screenshot of a terracotta warrior summoning a second leviathan's call. I don't know how to send it, if you want proof, but I have it. Also the first levi call was summoned by all nine warriors in the first round. They also spread out their vicious charges now so as to increase the duration of non-musketeers missing everything.

I know you believe in giving good items to people who farm a lot, but this might be a bit over the top. It is every buccaneer's dream to simultaneously cut the accuracy of all three of the opponent's companions in half (as well as the player if he/she isn't hidden) while tanking approximately ten thousand damage and blocking your opponent's path to your own character, only using one turn to do so. Right now, the moo robes do that. Furthermore, even if the warriors have a weak attack, the explosions do about one hundred damage each, for a total of nine hundred damage to non-shielded characters and companions. And that's if you don't add up the area of effect. If you don't believe me about tanking ten thousand damage, add it up. Each warrior has about six hundred health, times two for leviathan's call, times nine for nine warriors.

I know in an earlier post I claimed the summons were not much of a problem, but as my rank increases I am finding it harder and harder to counter this. My own epics betray me. If the opponent uses swashbuckler companions, they riposte all of my guys even when I don't attack them because of first strike, vengeance strike, etc. My strategy has been to use my own vicious charge, repel boarders, and buccaneer strike to reduce my opponent's accuracy, but a single item that any class can get is somehow more effective at achieving this end than the class to which these abilities belong to.

For comparison, how about you make four other robes that each summon nine warriors. Give one set walk in darkness and assassin's strike, another one the big guns and valor's fortress, a third one mojo blade and mojo storm, and the final set sniper shot and rain of cannonballs. Oh and give them a 50% chance of drawing one of these abilities EVERY TURN. Then tell me these four robes aren't OP. Yeah, that's how I feel.
I don't know about you guys but facing the same guy three times with terracotta warriors in a row is utter ridiculous. I am glad that some people get lucky enough to get the robes because I know I have spent so much time in there with no luck and spending crowns for an extra chance. With all the complaints and until a balance can be made to fix these issues I formally suggest that a temporary ban be put on these. The argument can be said that those who do not possess this formidable gear have no chance at obtaining champion status. Those who say they earned it doesn't make it right for PVP. I have put just as much time in as the rest and spend my hard earned crowns like everyone else. I am not asking to have them removed but a temporary ban until they can be managed would be in order. PVP is suppose to be challenging but not one sided with no counters available. I play a witch and it is already challenging enough. The debuff they give alone is a game changer without the added charge and 2 hits they get every turn not to mention explosion damage. If you think this is simply ok and you want to defend your position and keep them in the game when many other items were banned or not working properly to be added then I guess all hope is lost and time to move on to another game. I am sorry if this sounds like a rant but I would like to see a proven strategy playing a witch to counter such moves instead of theories or excuses. Simply put there really is none. Losing is part of PVP and I applaud the victor with praise when I am outmatched but making people angry cause they are overwhelmed is not good fun it makes people want to quit the game. Please tell us you are going to do something so I don't waste my time.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
Ratbeard on Aug 18, 2015 wrote:
The draw chance is not 50% per turn. It should be 50% to have them, or not.

But I am glad to have another confirmation of this bug. I believe we have a fix on LC already in (but not Live yet, to my knowledge).

I am not sure if QA has been able to reproduce the issue with VC-- but if they had, I don't think it would Live yet either.
That's the way that it should be but I'm simply speculating based on my experience. Usually the warriors do not use all their charges at once, but every turn there are more and more charges. I took a screenshot today of my character alone with seven vicious charges hit on him. Two more were on el toro. Consequently, I'm guessing that when the 50% update came out, the engine started resetting the chances every turn until every warrior used a charge.

I can't say the same about leviathan's call. Today once again I had all nine warriors use LC first turn, which would be incredibly unlikely if there were a 50% chance of them drawing it. I haven't seen the double LC since the update though. Oh and none of my team was hidden when the warriors all used LC but my opponent had one companion hidden. Perhaps the AI reacts the same way regardless of which team is hidden? They don't all shield up every game, so I haven't figured out what factor causes them to protect themselves.

I for one don't want any powers banned, but since this is a bug, perhaps there should be only a temporary ban until these problems are fixed? That was the logic behind banning charm and frozen tide and I see the terracotta as being much more "buggy" than those two powers.