Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rid of the Team Up Wait

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Hello KingIsle, I really think you should get rid of the wait for Team Up after we decline, or at least make it like a minute. I don't understand why it is there, and this is the reason I don't like it so much: I was about to do the Tower of Moo Manchu, because I had almost just enough time, but then something messed up and I had to decline the group, and then I had to wait 10 minutes. Then we tried again, something messed up again and I ended wasting 20 minutes! Unfortunately, I did not have enough time for Moo Manchu after that, so I couldn't do it for the entire day.

Ensign
Feb 26, 2011
I am fine with the wait because 10 minutes is almost nothing compared to 2-3 hours waiting for our companions back.

Ensign
Mar 04, 2010
Hi

I do a lot of runs on the Manchu Tower. I don't think it is an unfair amount of time as a penalty. I sit and wait sometimes 20 minutes for a team to form up only to have someone decline. Then it is wait all over. If you are going to get on the list then play the tower.

I fail to understand one point though. You said you wasted 20 minutes because of the wait and so couldn't play the tower. Knowing the tower can take 1 1/2 hours to 2 1/2 hours (a variable based on the experience of the team) this would mean that you were going to do a couple floors and then leave? And how is that fair that the people who waited to get a full team to do the tower and finish a couple floors only to have someone say - oh gee I have to go. I have entered the tower at least 200 times. I have gotten as far as Moo Manchu maybe 20 times because of people not having enough time to do the dungeon. If you don't have enough time to get to Moo Manchu don't join a team.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
crowmagus on Aug 18, 2015 wrote:
Hi

I do a lot of runs on the Manchu Tower. I don't think it is an unfair amount of time as a penalty. I sit and wait sometimes 20 minutes for a team to form up only to have someone decline. Then it is wait all over. If you are going to get on the list then play the tower.

I fail to understand one point though. You said you wasted 20 minutes because of the wait and so couldn't play the tower. Knowing the tower can take 1 1/2 hours to 2 1/2 hours (a variable based on the experience of the team) this would mean that you were going to do a couple floors and then leave? And how is that fair that the people who waited to get a full team to do the tower and finish a couple floors only to have someone say - oh gee I have to go. I have entered the tower at least 200 times. I have gotten as far as Moo Manchu maybe 20 times because of people not having enough time to do the dungeon. If you don't have enough time to get to Moo Manchu don't join a team.
I estimate my time. And please, please please please please please don't argue with people online. I really don't want to get into an argument, because everyone online should be friends to one another. And I was just having a bad day. There is no need what so ever to get defensive, I'm sorry! If there's one thing I hate about people online is the arguments that are had between me and them, so please, try to avoid that . I can see what you're talking about, but if you conveyed that in a less uptight way I would've completely dropped it. But trust me, no one ever quits during the dungeon. Again, I repeat, I was having a bad day. I can't stress it enough that I was having a bad day and I'm over it now. I'll go back to being jubilant old Luke.

Ensign
Mar 04, 2010
1Of1Musketeer on Aug 20, 2015 wrote:
I estimate my time. And please, please please please please please don't argue with people online. I really don't want to get into an argument, because everyone online should be friends to one another. And I was just having a bad day. There is no need what so ever to get defensive, I'm sorry! If there's one thing I hate about people online is the arguments that are had between me and them, so please, try to avoid that . I can see what you're talking about, but if you conveyed that in a less uptight way I would've completely dropped it. But trust me, no one ever quits during the dungeon. Again, I repeat, I was having a bad day. I can't stress it enough that I was having a bad day and I'm over it now. I'll go back to being jubilant old Luke.
You have my apology if I came across tense. I certainly was not interested in having an agument.

Only one thing - people do quite during the tower. A LOT. Out of 8 runs yesterday; 2 made it to Moo, 2 as far as the nefarious floor - the rest just ported out at various floors. The majority dont even say they are leaving.

But old jubilant Luke - I never intended to come down hard. Just a frustrating day trying to get people to go through the tower day after day. So sorry if it sounded like I wanted a fight. The only one I want to fight is ole Moo himself.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
The only time you have to wait for the timer on team up is if you are the first person to leave. This implies that YOU left, and not someone else. You also don't have to wait for the timer if you leave when no-one else is in team up. If you had to leave within 20 minutes I have just one question. Why were you even in the team up for a dungeon that takes nearly 2 hours? I don't really understand that part, and I don't mean to get into a debate/argument. I just am curious as that is my nature. I am sorry that you were having a bad day, and am glad that you are better now. I hope this clears up some discrepancy about why you may have a timer after leaving team up.