Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What just happened!

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Wow did Witchdoctors suddenly get Loud Rank 50? Right now I'm doing Smuggler's Arena with 3 Buccaneers, and every round, I'm the only target for the enemies. I was charged to death on the very first fight where it's easiest. I was the only non-buccaneer ally on the whole team, even I brought Goronado.

Next fight, I used a mojo potion, and I brought my Ratbeard that has Hold the Line 3, Repel Boarders 3, and Blade Storm 2. Enough enemies came after me that he ran out of Hold the Lines and I still died. I even put a Valor's Armor on myself, and still I was killed by their Assassin's Strikes and Vicious Charges. The buccaneers were all swarmed together, and the desperado still targeted my little group of 2.

Did you guys hear about me talking about how I rely on not being targeted and "fix" it? And did you guys hear yesterday about how everyone was saying Smuggler's Arena got easier? Is this what you guys did during Maintenance this morning?

Also, because of this, I'm gonna request that Witchdoctors train Peaceful. We're the people who don't have high health, armor, dodge, or any form of defense whatsoever.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
AndrewDeathblade11... on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:
Wow did Witchdoctors suddenly get Loud Rank 50? Right now I'm doing Smuggler's Arena with 3 Buccaneers, and every round, I'm the only target for the enemies. I was charged to death on the very first fight where it's easiest. I was the only non-buccaneer ally on the whole team, even I brought Goronado.

Next fight, I used a mojo potion, and I brought my Ratbeard that has Hold the Line 3, Repel Boarders 3, and Blade Storm 2. Enough enemies came after me that he ran out of Hold the Lines and I still died. I even put a Valor's Armor on myself, and still I was killed by their Assassin's Strikes and Vicious Charges. The buccaneers were all swarmed together, and the desperado still targeted my little group of 2.

Did you guys hear about me talking about how I rely on not being targeted and "fix" it? And did you guys hear yesterday about how everyone was saying Smuggler's Arena got easier? Is this what you guys did during Maintenance this morning?

Also, because of this, I'm gonna request that Witchdoctors train Peaceful. We're the people who don't have high health, armor, dodge, or any form of defense whatsoever.
Preach.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013

All you have to do is get your companions to corner you
I do it in fights where I can't win when I'm targeted

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012

Maybe you have just been unlucky every single time. Its highly improbable that they are targeting Witchdoctors only. I feel sorry that they put you through that agony lol. This is strange because Buccaneer has loud 3 (40%), which should have made them their target.

Witchdoctors actually can have very high Magic Resist, even more than Privateers. They do have resist to Magic, which is somewhat of a defense. Swashbucklers do very little to them with their poisons, so it is somewhat of a defense. Each class has their specialties, and defense is not one of Witchdoctors.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012

well sad to say i feel same problem.. entered moo full team they ditch 2nd room, i figure no big deal i made it to terra cotta floor when i was level 55...sad to say i got defeated repeatedly in corrupted ronin room so i decided to buy a henchman HUGE MISTAKE 5000 crowns later i still dead same room.. not combo worked as soon as my pirate had any i do mean any at all health they immediately turned and super critical on me... might have been bad luck but still.. thats a bit ridiculous same turn i am healed they target me not the buccaneers i bought >..< o well good to know henchmen are worthless after companions are dead....
stormy jen

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012

The enemy is targeting you first, because you are the easiest to defeat (lowest health). Just because Bucs have Loud, doesn't mean they start the fight with all the aggro. Everyone starts the fight with the same aggro from the enemy. Loud is talent that increases "normal" action aggro as the fight progresses (and Peaceful does the opposite). For your survival those Bucs/Privys need to produce aggro, it doesn't come automatically. Below is straight from Ratbeard if I'm explaining it wrong.

"Aggro is created by dealing damage; a unit with Loud will produce more aggro per point of damage dealt (and the converse for the Peaceful talents).

Otherwise, everybody comes fresh out of the gate on an even footing. In this case, the enemies are going to prioritize (a) nearby units and (b) units they can kill quickly."

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/a-pirates-life/summoner-companions-8ad6a4143b225808013b3f05c4236a40/8ad6a41c3b509d2c013b51d0a673399f?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a41c3b509d2c013b51d0a673399f

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
ElijahWaterVault on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
Maybe you have just been unlucky every single time. Its highly improbable that they are targeting Witchdoctors only. I feel sorry that they put you through that agony lol. This is strange because Buccaneer has loud 3 (40%), which should have made them their target.

Witchdoctors actually can have very high Magic Resist, even more than Privateers. They do have resist to Magic, which is somewhat of a defense. Swashbucklers do very little to them with their poisons, so it is somewhat of a defense. Each class has their specialties, and defense is not one of Witchdoctors.
It was only after this update. I've had a lot of past experience in Smuggler's Arena without coming across this.