Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Tricky Vinny Promotion

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Did anyone notice that Tricky Vinny had recently gotten a new promotion? I did, & I knew it would be inevitable! Once I saw the appearances of some of the frog pirates the moment Books 13 & 14 got launched, I had thoughts that Tricky Vinny would have that appearance someday, and now, he has! I promoted him & he looks amazing!

Thanks!

Developer
Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Ratbeard on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
I know, right?
Hey Ratbeard, I know you aren't really the one to ask this to but how EXACTLY do you get the quest to get Tricky Vinny? I've been wanting him for like ever and I know the name of the quest ("Infestation"?) and I've finished almost if not all quests from skull island area between all of my pirates but I've never really seen that quest. How do I get it?

Ensign
May 01, 2011
Ratbeard will some witchdoctor side companions promote in this update???

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Magnificent Kiley on Aug 2, 2015 wrote:
Hey Ratbeard, I know you aren't really the one to ask this to but how EXACTLY do you get the quest to get Tricky Vinny? I've been wanting him for like ever and I know the name of the quest ("Infestation"?) and I've finished almost if not all quests from skull island area between all of my pirates but I've never really seen that quest. How do I get it?
I'll answer this one. Swashbucklers recruit Tricky Vinny after finishing the side quest, "The Great Infestation". All other Pirates will have to get him through the Crowns Shop.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Tricky Vinny is only available for free to Swashbucklers, so if you are any other class then you're out of luck. However, if you complete the quest on any other class, you unlock him in the Crown Shop and can buy him with crowns. Hope this helped!

Ensign
May 01, 2011
Trimond297 on Aug 2, 2015 wrote:
I'll answer this one. Swashbucklers recruit Tricky Vinny after finishing the side quest, "The Great Infestation". All other Pirates will have to get him through the Crowns Shop.
i knew that i meant to ask that if other companions promote this update

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
NCWFanatic on Aug 4, 2015 wrote:
i knew that i meant to ask that if other companions promote this update
Yeah. Me too. Thought you would have forgotten.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Quick question, what level does Tricky Vinny get his latest promotion? I saw the gold cost, so I would presume it would be a near high level that gives him his new promotion.

Ensign
Apr 30, 2013
what lvl is his new promotion and what is the gold amount?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You get this quest after completing the first quest ( A Fair Trade ) for Strong John Silver in Gullet. He then sends you on to the Frogfather where you pick up Vinnie ( Bucklers only, unlocked for others. )

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
The Awesome Flyer on Oct 19, 2015 wrote:
what lvl is his new promotion and what is the gold amount?
Hmm... his recent promotion's level requirement & gold amount hasn't been recorded yet, nor the info about his recent promotion.

If anyone has him & received his second promotion, pay attention to what level he gets his newest promotion & provide details once you reached a certain level.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Trimond297 on Oct 20, 2015 wrote:
Hmm... his recent promotion's level requirement & gold amount hasn't been recorded yet, nor the info about his recent promotion.

If anyone has him & received his second promotion, pay attention to what level he gets his newest promotion & provide details once you reached a certain level.
Sorry if my answers arent exact! Tricky Vinnys New promotion is to Frog Miscreant, I believe that the gold cost was around 5-6k and the level of the promotion is presumably 47-56