Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Major Damage Reduction Everywhere

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 13, 2012
Recently, I have encountered what I believe to be a bug. I am a lvl. 42 Swashbuckler, and my overall damage count says 227. However, I keep doing damage way below that. Just yesterday, I was unfortunate enough to do 101 damage on a Troggy Warrior in Skull Mountain (For testing purposes).
My current items are:
Temple Defender's Blades,
Komon's Cap stitched with Veteran's Kepi,
Komon's Garb stitched with Sensei's Kote,
Hai San's Geta stitched with Shogun's Warrior Boots,
Patch of the Lost Corsair stitched with The Morpheus,
Yakooza's Ring,
Yakooza's Necklace,
and Inoshishi's Charm. I wonder if this combination starts the bug. I have three questions:
(1) Is anyone else experiencing this?
(2) Can I fix this?
(3) Is this a bug, or a bad part of the game?

-Cynical Valkoor Quarton, lvl. 42

Administrator
Hi! Can you give me a few more specifics on the Troggy you were fighting?

Some bosses have an epic ability that caps the amount of damage that can be done to them in a single hit.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Cynical Valkoor Qu... on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
Recently, I have encountered what I believe to be a bug. I am a lvl. 42 Swashbuckler, and my overall damage count says 227. However, I keep doing damage way below that. Just yesterday, I was unfortunate enough to do 101 damage on a Troggy Warrior in Skull Mountain (For testing purposes).
My current items are:
Yakooza's Ring,
Yakooza's Necklace,
and Inoshishi's Charm. I wonder if this combination starts the bug. I have three questions:
(2) Can I fix this?

Yeah I've been experiencing this a lot with multiple early game enemies. Sometimes I like to go back at earlier stages and practice with my companions, but they sometimes do the damage they used to be doing. Like, for instance, when I was fighting Fin Dorsal in The Throne Room alone, my Level 64 Malik did 66 damage on a Super. Of course, with his relentless and blade storms he still finished off Fin but I have the same problem with all of my companions getting damage capped sometimes. In a battle it sometimes may just be me or one of my companions or more.
Have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Explorer

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Cynical Valkoor Qu... on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
My current items are:
Yakooza's Ring,
Yakooza's Necklace,
(2) Can I fix this?

First, welcome to the boards!

I notice that when I farm Tyson(for anything with absorb. I... unfortunately still don't have anything) my Assassin's Strike doesn't do the 930(ish) base it should do(the camera cuts off some of the damage). When I do normal attacks(crits included), they do normal damage. Also, when I use Mighty Charge(I get bored) instead of 300(ish) base, I do 200(ish).

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Developer
Most bosses have some kind of damage reduction, and (if memory serves me correctly) we may have that same damage reduction throughout the early parts of Skull Island-- to keep high level players from ruining the experience for the intended, lower-level players.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
Most bosses have some kind of damage reduction, and (if memory serves me correctly) we may have that same damage reduction throughout the early parts of Skull Island-- to keep high level players from ruining the experience for the intended, lower-level players.
I'm sure I have noticed the damage cap to select bosses, Ratbeard, & I'm content with it.