Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Were there any theories?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
In Aquila Hephaestus says when Eye, Hand, and Heart are joined and work as one I will be appeased. Did anyone have any theories on this?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Apr 20, 2015 wrote:
In Aquila Hephaestus says when Eye, Hand, and Heart are joined and work as one I will be appeased. Did anyone have any theories on this?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Since he's annoyed by the fact that you have destroyed many clockworks, then by uniting head, hand and heart may have something to do with the Armada and Kane. But how this will all come about, I haven't a clue.

Ensign
Jan 03, 2013

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
ok so it's been a long time since i heard posts about this kinda of questions like the apollo saying something you need to find a girl later in the story. So i'm guessing this posts has to do with the quests where you collect 7 harpy feathers and go to each temple of the gods?

Charming Julian Visser 65
Cameron Quick 61
Noah Parker 41
Davy Jones 27
Stubborn Anthony Davis 14

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
spikey8003 on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
ok so it's been a long time since i heard posts about this kinda of questions like the apollo saying something you need to find a girl later in the story. So i'm guessing this posts has to do with the quests where you collect 7 harpy feathers and go to each temple of the gods?

Charming Julian Visser 65
Cameron Quick 61
Noah Parker 41
Davy Jones 27
Stubborn Anthony Davis 14
Yes, it is that quest and the girl is Desdemona.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I have a theory. I'm not sure how sound it is, but maybe he is referring to people. I like to look at the old story board threads and something I remember how Blind Mew said that each companion fills a role in the Pirates's crew. Ratbeard is a pirate's "pirate", Gracie deals with the technical side of the armada, and I remember a specific instance where he refers to Bonnie Anne as the player's conscious. Perhaps she could be the heart, we could be the hands, and we have yet to find the "Eye" even though Ratbeard has only one eye... But that is total guess work. Thoughts?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Well, Hephaestus is the Roman god of fire, stone masonry, metal working and the art of sculpture.
Perhaps his quote is simply referring to some form of artwork. To achieve a great work of art as in sculpture or metal work, you require you hand, eye, and heart to work together. You require the visual aspect of the sculpture, it needs to be visually appealing, well balanced, etc. You require the skill and craftsmanship to create the sculpture, and you also need to put some sort of emotion into the work. Thus, Eye, Hand, and Heart coming together.

Perhaps Hephaestus is saying we've caused too much destruction and mayhem so far, and in order to impress him, we need to do something constructive for a change.

Ensign
Jan 03, 2013
CdeWinter on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
Well, Hephaestus is the Roman god of fire, stone masonry, metal working and the art of sculpture.
Perhaps his quote is simply referring to some form of artwork. To achieve a great work of art as in sculpture or metal work, you require you hand, eye, and heart to work together. You require the visual aspect of the sculpture, it needs to be visually appealing, well balanced, etc. You require the skill and craftsmanship to create the sculpture, and you also need to put some sort of emotion into the work. Thus, Eye, Hand, and Heart coming together.

Perhaps Hephaestus is saying we've caused too much destruction and mayhem so far, and in order to impress him, we need to do something constructive for a change.
sorry i HAD to correct you it's a pet peeve Hephaestus is the GREEK god of fire,forging,metal works,stone masonry, and many more i don't feel like typing about

(pirates in aquila)
Charming Julain Visser 65
Cameron Quick 61

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
spikey8003 on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
sorry i HAD to correct you it's a pet peeve Hephaestus is the GREEK god of fire,forging,metal works,stone masonry, and many more i don't feel like typing about

(pirates in aquila)
Cameron Quick 61
True, Vulcan was the Roman equivalent: but why split hairs ( or bang an anvil over it? )

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Hand most definitely equals skill

Heart may mean your desires or your love(parents?)

as for eye I have no clue, maybe your determination to keep your eyes on your goal and not deter from it(saving parents detour?)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
spikey8003 on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:

(pirates in aquila)
Cameron Quick 61
True, you are right, but they are somewhat interchangeable, as are all the Greek/Roman deities, it's not exactly a different pantheon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
Hand most definitely equals skill

Heart may mean your desires or your love(parents?)

as for eye I have no clue, maybe your determination to keep your eyes on your goal and not deter from it(saving parents detour?)
Eye and hand work together in creating art ( in my experience ) Heart ( emotion, feeling ) is what you try to incorporate in the creation process

Ensign
Jan 03, 2013
CdeWinter on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
True, you are right, but they are somewhat interchangeable, as are all the Greek/Roman deities, it's not exactly a different pantheon.
kinda some of the gods are different pantheons like there is no greek equalivent of Janus or a greek version of Bellona or a roman version of Iris. So depends on what gods your looking at they are/aren't a different pantheon.

Now back to the main question when eye,heart,hand comes together, hmm, i think it has something to do with love of somekind, hand has to do something with workmanship, and eye maybe has something to do something with seeing through it (obstacles, seeing things as they really are). Just a guess of mine i tend to interpret things differently then most people

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
spikey8003 on Apr 25, 2015 wrote:
kinda some of the gods are different pantheons like there is no greek equalivent of Janus or a greek version of Bellona or a roman version of Iris. So depends on what gods your looking at they are/aren't a different pantheon.

Now back to the main question when eye,heart,hand comes together, hmm, i think it has something to do with love of somekind, hand has to do something with workmanship, and eye maybe has something to do something with seeing through it (obstacles, seeing things as they really are). Just a guess of mine i tend to interpret things differently then most people
Actually Bellona is technically a counter part to Enyo (Greek Goddess of War and Destruction).

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Grizzley117 on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
I have a theory. I'm not sure how sound it is, but maybe he is referring to people. I like to look at the old story board threads and something I remember how Blind Mew said that each companion fills a role in the Pirates's crew. Ratbeard is a pirate's "pirate", Gracie deals with the technical side of the armada, and I remember a specific instance where he refers to Bonnie Anne as the player's conscious. Perhaps she could be the heart, we could be the hands, and we have yet to find the "Eye" even though Ratbeard has only one eye... But that is total guess work. Thoughts?
I am guessing that:

Bonnie Anne = Heart
Us or Gracie = Hands
Old Scratch = Eye

Old Scratch has the "Eye of the Serpent" I believe, and Psychic Powers are often related to the term "Inner Eye".

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
So, by smashing Armada, we've been using our hands, but not feeling for the Armada. We think it's good, but we don't listen to what our heart wants us to do. I think he's saying once your actions and thoughts reflect what your heart says, he'll be appeased. I believe he's saying our hearts want peace, but our minds say the only way to get peace is through smashing the Armada to dust, or through violence. He's saying concede to the Armada as they're perfectly fine machines. If this sounds odd to you, keep in mind Greek myths are also home to a story about a god throwing an apple into a wedding which lead to a war. Just sayin'. I know I left out some details but that's the general gist.

But this is just my theory.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Ensign
Jan 03, 2013
FireMorgan13 on Apr 25, 2015 wrote:
So, by smashing Armada, we've been using our hands, but not feeling for the Armada. We think it's good, but we don't listen to what our heart wants us to do. I think he's saying once your actions and thoughts reflect what your heart says, he'll be appeased. I believe he's saying our hearts want peace, but our minds say the only way to get peace is through smashing the Armada to dust, or through violence. He's saying concede to the Armada as they're perfectly fine machines. If this sounds odd to you, keep in mind Greek myths are also home to a story about a god throwing an apple into a wedding which lead to a war. Just sayin'. I know I left out some details but that's the general gist.

But this is just my theory.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
i know that story gosh aphrodite gotta be so mean to that guy, but hmm the armada in it. It would make sense since the god's domain are fire and metal working(armada) so that's a nice way to think! It would also make since why he would care so much about them since they are related to him