Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A New update is coming... SOON!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Most weeks, the pirate101 game has bug fixes or goes offline, recorded in the Captains Log. I wrote down the number of them between each live update and test realm beginning. Here is a list of how many occurred between each update (not the number of weeks between updates)
  • 13 between Ship cabins/script and moo manchu
  • 13 between moo manchu and pets
  • 13 between pets and kraken skulls
  • 10 between kraken skulls and henchman
  • 11 between henchman and class housing
  • 12 between class housing and Marleybone/Aquila
  • Currently, there have been 14 between script and as of today
This is close, but not the number of weeks between an update going live and the next test realm beginning. This does lead to some very interesting observations. The average number between updates is around 12, and there has been 14 since the last update, so there is a very high chance the next update will be on test realm in the next two weeks. I can't tell if it is going to be a big or small update, but there sure is an update coming very very soon. Anyone else agree with me, or is this just nonsense!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
That is a interesting theory and I like it! If we get a update i'll be very very very very very very happy!,I have been waiting a super long time for the story line to be updated. According to what you said it would make sense a update would be coming and Spring break is coming up!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Record keeping is character building - well done.

I hope you have correctly interpreted the signs and portents.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
EMC99 on Mar 29, 2015 wrote:
Most weeks, the pirate101 game has bug fixes or goes offline, recorded in the Captains Log. I wrote down the number of them between each live update and test realm beginning. Here is a list of how many occurred between each update (not the number of weeks between updates)
This is close, but not the number of weeks between an update going live and the next test realm beginning. This does lead to some very interesting observations. The average number between updates is around 12, and there has been 14 since the last update, so there is a very high chance the next update will be on test realm in the next two weeks. I can't tell if it is going to be a big or small update, but there sure is an update coming very very soon. Anyone else agree with me, or is this just nonsense!
I'll believe any and all 'evidence' presented for a update!

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
YAY! HOORAY FOR THE NEW BOOK!
-Noble John Parker, Level 65

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Finally, got a few crowns and I'm back on to post! Anyways, to the REAL topic here.

You could be right. The reason why they are taking this long, as I have said before, is because this is going to be a HUGE update. How large? My guess is possibly FOUR worlds, something to keep us busy for a LONG time. This is going to be an epic update when it comes out, however, here is MY speculation.

If this update is going to be HUGE, KI will release it in May, a couple days before summer break. Why? Because people are going to be spending WEEKS doing the storyline, and then all the sidequests that come with it! Also, by waiting a long time to release new content, they are clearing up any bugs that could be in the system, making the gameplay VERY high in quality. That is my idea.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I hope you're right, but at least I now have Pillars of Eternity to keep me occupied while I wait for something new to do and to be able to get XP for doing it.

Don't wait too much longer to update, KI, or PoE will have sucked me in entirely!

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
warriorscreed on Mar 31, 2015 wrote:
Finally, got a few crowns and I'm back on to post! Anyways, to the REAL topic here.

You could be right. The reason why they are taking this long, as I have said before, is because this is going to be a HUGE update. How large? My guess is possibly FOUR worlds, something to keep us busy for a LONG time. This is going to be an epic update when it comes out, however, here is MY speculation.

If this update is going to be HUGE, KI will release it in May, a couple days before summer break. Why? Because people are going to be spending WEEKS doing the storyline, and then all the sidequests that come with it! Also, by waiting a long time to release new content, they are clearing up any bugs that could be in the system, making the gameplay VERY high in quality. That is my idea.
The only thing I can hope is for KI to have P101's major story updates a bit more frequent in-between their improvement updates. I enjoy waiting time, but, they should make adding in main adventures a little more frequent.

Now, I know a lot of us have been waiting for a very long time to see more new adventures come out, but we just don't know how longer will we have to wait. This wait still is getting even more boring than before. I have been anticipating this for over a while now, and I hope I won't have to wait even more longer.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Pirate101 is going to be offline again. That makes it 15 (At least i think). I hope your right. There not gonna bring out 4 worlds because they were even suprised to bring out two and for would be crazy. Maybe two worlds with crafting or something?

Ensign
Feb 03, 2011
Very interesting! I hope you're correct, because I'm pretty sure everyone's patience is beginning to wear thin, if we all haven't gotten extremely impatient already. Well, hopefully, they're pretty much complete with the new world or worlds and will be ready to release them in the next few weeks, or one to two months.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ryanbold2 on Apr 1, 2015 wrote:
Pirate101 is going to be offline again. That makes it 15 (At least i think). I hope your right. There not gonna bring out 4 worlds because they were even suprised to bring out two and for would be crazy. Maybe two worlds with crafting or something?
The two major side content activities that have been asked for is crafting and ranked pvp, very likely one ( or both ) may be included in the coming update.

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
Hopefully a new update has been planed by KI, because I have been waiting FOREVER.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I bet this is a storyline update, if this is confirmed this will be a great time to continue the adventure. Plus other great stuff like ranked pvp and maybe crafting.

In other words pirates, there more things in the to do list.As players send more requests, to enrich our experince and more to talk about with friends.

Happy sailing

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
And the Little boy cried WOLF --- we have seen so many people with so many theories about a new update that i will not believe it until KI actually makes an official announcement