Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Immediate answer please.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 04, 2012
Here's the deal, for about 2 week i've been hatching frog and ram and i still got no sign of horned toad. Can someone tell me if it still exists? I attempted more then 20 times

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
It does exist!

Make sure you are using the plain frog (not the fire toad, jungle toad or thorny toad) and a ram-a-lam. Or you can also direct hatch with a Horned Toad. Sometimes hybrids are just stubborn (I'm at over 20 hatches and still don't have a spook tooth...grumble)

I have a Horned Toad if you would like to direct hatch sometime just let me know. My schedule is fairly flexible.

~Clumsy Calamity.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Moon Lord Robert on Jan 10, 2015 wrote:
Here's the deal, for about 2 week i've been hatching frog and ram and i still got no sign of horned toad. Can someone tell me if it still exists? I attempted more then 20 times
There is no guarantee that you'll get the hybrid from the matches. Trust me, I've tried to produce things dozens of times and finally given up to get them by crossing with Indigo's hybrids because for whatever reason he is more successful at morphing than I am.

Just keep trying, and good luck!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Calamity PixieShad... on Jan 11, 2015 wrote:
It does exist!

Make sure you are using the plain frog (not the fire toad, jungle toad or thorny toad) and a ram-a-lam. Or you can also direct hatch with a Horned Toad. Sometimes hybrids are just stubborn (I'm at over 20 hatches and still don't have a spook tooth...grumble)

I have a Horned Toad if you would like to direct hatch sometime just let me know. My schedule is fairly flexible.

~Clumsy Calamity.
I do have one question, Calamity. How do you even find and get a plain Frog pet(not the other toad pets you mentioned), by farming a specific boss or enemy?

Moreover, I didn't even know that there was a plain Frog pet & that there is a Horned Toad hybrid out there in the first place! That is... unprecedented.

According to the Pirate Central wiki page about that plain Frog pet that I just looked at, there is not even a single degree of information has been shown, even on what pet snacks it likes/loves. Hope someone tends to that someday. I just didn't even know that pet existed in-between what's been going on in the game recently. We may need to know what pets can be found in the Spiral by far, even new ones.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 15, 2015 wrote:
I do have one question, Calamity. How do you even find and get a plain Frog pet(not the other toad pets you mentioned), by farming a specific boss or enemy?

Moreover, I didn't even know that there was a plain Frog pet & that there is a Horned Toad hybrid out there in the first place! That is... unprecedented.

According to the Pirate Central wiki page about that plain Frog pet that I just looked at, there is not even a single degree of information has been shown, even on what pet snacks it likes/loves. Hope someone tends to that someday. I just didn't even know that pet existed in-between what's been going on in the game recently. We may need to know what pets can be found in the Spiral by far, even new ones.
Hello Trimond, the plain frog is dropped in the Palace of Itheca, and it seems to like MooShu main snacks, I've been feeding it Wild Rice and Monster Island Mooshi. I hope this helps you.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
The Frog pet drops from various bosses in Aquila. So far I've personally received 2 as drops.

One I received in the palace of Ulysses in the Antonius fight.

and the most recent I received from Medusa during the House Warming Farming event.

The first one I leveled to adult quickly and the talents and powers data it received I submitted to petnome pirates. I'll try to work on filling in the wiki a bit more and I'll level my second frog (I think I kept it, and didn't sell it) I'm really bad at the wiki coding it intimidates me a bit.

Once again if you would like either the frog or the horned toad I have both as adults and am willing to meet up and hatch.

Just let me know!

~Clumsy Calamity

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 15, 2015 wrote:

It is my understanding that the plain Frog is one of the drops (I think by a boss) in the Ithica Palace Dungeon in Aquila. Good luck getting it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Calamity PixieShad... on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
The Frog pet drops from various bosses in Aquila. So far I've personally received 2 as drops.

One I received in the palace of Ulysses in the Antonius fight.

and the most recent I received from Medusa during the House Warming Farming event.

The first one I leveled to adult quickly and the talents and powers data it received I submitted to petnome pirates. I'll try to work on filling in the wiki a bit more and I'll level my second frog (I think I kept it, and didn't sell it) I'm really bad at the wiki coding it intimidates me a bit.

Once again if you would like either the frog or the horned toad I have both as adults and am willing to meet up and hatch.

Just let me know!

~Clumsy Calamity
Thanks! Nice to know that Aquila bosses do drop the plain Frog pet. I'll be sure to farm them as many times as possible to get that pet sometime soon, especially that monstrous Gorgon, Medusa.

I wish you plenty of luck in sharpening your skills in editing the wiki pages. Even if you have some trouble getting the hang of your coding skills, don't worry, the wiki masters will be there to guide you in any way they can, if they're available.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Trimond, I got my frog as a drop from battling Captain Pluton aboard his ship in the Aquila skyways (and I've been trying for the Horned Toad hybrid, but no luck yet. Getting higher pedigree frogs though!)

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Mar 19, 2015 wrote:
Trimond, I got my frog as a drop from battling Captain Pluton aboard his ship in the Aquila skyways (and I've been trying for the Horned Toad hybrid, but no luck yet. Getting higher pedigree frogs though!)
Good find! A Skyway boss having the plain Frog pet is a good find. I'll keep it in mind while facing him again.

Keep on trying to get the Horned Toad. I know the odds of producing hybrids are random, but just keep trying.

Ensign
Feb 17, 2013
Just wanted to add that the pet "Frog" is also dropped by Talos.

I farmed Ithica for days trying to get it only to give up and go farm Talos for his awesome helmet drop. To my surprise I got the pet frog as a drop a couple of times fairly easy. Good luck and hope to see you in the tent!

Silly Zane

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
All this information about the plain Frog pet & it's not placed in the P101 Central Wiki page about the Frog pet & not made part of the Pets category yet. It's true. I've visited & looked there a couple of times. Someone should place all that information there & soon.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
insane zane on Mar 24, 2015 wrote:
Just wanted to add that the pet "Frog" is also dropped by Talos.

I farmed Ithica for days trying to get it only to give up and go farm Talos for his awesome helmet drop. To my surprise I got the pet frog as a drop a couple of times fairly easy. Good luck and hope to see you in the tent!

Silly Zane
Good for you that you got the Frog pet, zane. I got mine through a code redemption by KI during their Save the Frog Day code redemption event yesterday. Once I saw it, I rushed to get the pet through redeeming the code, and wouldn't you know it? I got that pet right on time! What a good day to get that pet for me, along with others!