Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer Buff

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 10, 2009
Yaar! We all know that privateer companions aren't very common in pv(p/e). This is because they lack damage and acc/dodge. I was talking to some people in the Brawlin' Hall, and they agreed. Of course practically anyone would. Most privateer companions are relatively weak and do not offer anything significant to the table. There are always exceptions like Wing Chun and his acc. buff and others like him. I was thinking of sharing some ideas that might fix that.

1. Just give them higher damage and or acc/dodge.

2. Since Buccaneers get turn the tide, why not give privateers elusive?

3. I was doing research on this "concern" and stumbled upon a forum in central, where this guy thought of doubling their armor and resist. Of course that would be a little much, but the idea is great :D

4. Give all privy companions a nerfed buff/attack. This can mean giving a Valor's Shield (-25% inc. damage for 10 rounds). Instead, make it 5 rounds. Or a barrage attack - lets say The Big Guns (Superior barrage + leaves fire) - make the time limit on the fires short.

Any suggestions? Your opinions?

Ensign
Jan 29, 2014
Dom The Pirate on Jan 4, 2015 wrote:
Yaar! We all know that privateer companions aren't very common in pv(p/e). This is because they lack damage and acc/dodge. I was talking to some people in the Brawlin' Hall, and they agreed. Of course practically anyone would. Most privateer companions are relatively weak and do not offer anything significant to the table. There are always exceptions like Wing Chun and his acc. buff and others like him. I was thinking of sharing some ideas that might fix that.

1. Just give them higher damage and or acc/dodge.

2. Since Buccaneers get turn the tide, why not give privateers elusive?

3. I was doing research on this "concern" and stumbled upon a forum in central, where this guy thought of doubling their armor and resist. Of course that would be a little much, but the idea is great :D

4. Give all privy companions a nerfed buff/attack. This can mean giving a Valor's Shield (-25% inc. damage for 10 rounds). Instead, make it 5 rounds. Or a barrage attack - lets say The Big Guns (Superior barrage + leaves fire) - make the time limit on the fires short.

Any suggestions? Your opinions?
excuse me but wing chun is a beast with me he almost critical with me

fearful cassandra lvl 25

dont insult wing chun hes awesome

Ensign
Mar 10, 2009
loserurs on Jan 4, 2015 wrote:
excuse me but wing chun is a beast with me he almost critical with me

fearful cassandra lvl 25

dont insult wing chun hes awesome
Yaar! Before you comment, please read through my whole statement and make sure you understand it. I said Wing Chun and his power was an exception.