Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A question for you expert morphers.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Hello everyone. Hopefully your New Years was a blast! Now that 2014 is gone, its time to set sail to 2015.

Anyways, lately I've been looking into hatching pets with high pedigrees. Its not as easy as it sounds. Most people at the morphing tents can be rather picky when you want to hatch a pet with them. So honestly, hatching with someone else who's pet has a higher pedigree than mine is not an option for me. I've been wondering what the best solution to getting high pedigree is (once I actually learned what a pedigree, is and how it affects your pets...) Is there any advice from any of you expert morphers out there? It'll be nice to have a pedigree reach the hight of 700 in pedigree. But alas, my highest pedigree is 501... Sure, thats a pretty good pedigree, but it still can be better. Are they're anyways I can hatch a pet with a boosted pedigree?

Thanks! See you in the Spiral

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Couple of things that will help you

First of / you need open chat so you can talk to the other players / if you just have the handful of per-generated phrases you will probably not have any luck as no on knows to whom you are speaking.

If you do have open chat / the characters full name and the word please make a very big difference.

also what pet or pets you have helps / try to have several different pets so that you can offer a selection to the person helping you.

There are 143 known and available pets currently so variety is often the key.

Good luck to thee

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Jan 1, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone. Hopefully your New Years was a blast! Now that 2014 is gone, its time to set sail to 2015.

Anyways, lately I've been looking into hatching pets with high pedigrees. Its not as easy as it sounds. Most people at the morphing tents can be rather picky when you want to hatch a pet with them. So honestly, hatching with someone else who's pet has a higher pedigree than mine is not an option for me. I've been wondering what the best solution to getting high pedigree is (once I actually learned what a pedigree, is and how it affects your pets...) Is there any advice from any of you expert morphers out there? It'll be nice to have a pedigree reach the hight of 700 in pedigree. But alas, my highest pedigree is 501... Sure, thats a pretty good pedigree, but it still can be better. Are they're anyways I can hatch a pet with a boosted pedigree?

Thanks! See you in the Spiral
Hello there Anthony and Happy New Year to you as well!

There's a lot of really helpful pirates and pet enthusiasts out there that are wonderful at helping share the wealth and offer pedigree boosts. But that being said, I understand exactly what you mean about the "picky morphers" that will only morph if you "fit their criteria". I have had many 700 pedigree pets for some time and I run into those players quite often as well. When I was just over the 600 mark, there were some that would not even give you the time of day when you popped into the tent. I wouldn't even ask them to morph, but instead would just say "Hello, great pet you have there- congrats!", and many times would not even get a reply or even a simply "Hi" back. It's true that there are a group of players out there that covet their max pedigree, but let's face it-- they too had help along the way...I know that I did! I've heard players refuse to morph unless the person with the request was over "x" pedigree or based on the pet being used. It seems some that are really big into PvP are a bit more stingy, and almost rightfully so from their perspective, because if they freely pass out morphs with amazing pets, well then they are giving possible opponents an edge or at least contributing to a more even playing field in the PvP arena. But they have no problem asking you to morph if they see an amazing pet with "just gotta have traits".

But, there are some really helpful players out there too, that will gladly help you and any others out with morphing. For those, if they have the gold all it takes is a "Would you morph with me please?" and they surely will-- no questions asked. You can spot those players easily, because they are always so excited to see the other person get the pet or boost they were so looking for. I've been helped by some wonderful people out there, that got me pointed in the right direction and I kind of took it from there...putting a lot of hard work into morphing and training up some pretty decent critters. Those that helped me along the way are just what the community aspect of this game is and should be all about. So, major thanks to them!

I would be happy to help you raise your pets' pedigree and to introduce more powerful traits as well. I have a decent variety of 700 pedigree pets with various combos of traits and I've happily shared them with a ton of players and would be glad to help out.

So, if you would like to try to meet up to morph sometime, just post what may work for you as far as day/time/time zone and meeting location and we'll go from there. I'm Eastern Standard Time and can be available most evenings after 9-10 pm EST.

Again Happy New Year and happy morphing to you!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Best way to morph with high pedigree is just to ask :D

Unlike Wizard hatching/morphing is a lot cheaper and the timers are so short by comparison so most people don't mind helping out more often. Often times you may have to wait a bit but it is my experience that there are plenty of people in the tents that are willing to help out.

Posting here is also a good way to find a hatch as well as the Pirate101 Central:

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?129-Pet-Morphing-Meet-Ups

If you like I have 2 - 700 pedigree pets a fire lizard and a spiny serpent that I'm willing to morph with if you are interested. My schedule is fairly flexible so if there is a time that is convenient for you and you are interested please let me know. Make sure when you select a time it is more than 24 hours in advance so the post has a chance to be approved and I have a chance to see it. Also please include a time zone and realm, along with the name of the pirate I am meetingand I will see you in the morphing tent.

~Clumsy Calamity

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
I do not see any benefits of having high pedigree, since it just means you have lots of rare, ultra rare, and epic talents and powers. I find many common, uncommon, and rare talents and powers to be the best for a perfect pet like naturally agile(or others), enhanced damage, gifted, and any spells that reduce stats over a large area, or critical large area attacks. Well, if you still want to get max pedigree, just keep hatching with lots of pets, with high pedigree pets the quickest way to go up, but two low pedigree pets can produce an egg that has higher pedigree.