Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Secret Messages

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
If you want to be a special agent pirate, try to make your own secret intercepted messages and solve them! One of the famous methods is known as "Opposite Letters". This means A would be Z in the "Opposite Letters" method. B is Y and C is X and so on. The first letters become the last letters, and the last letters become the first letters using the method. When posting, your own message here, remember 3 things you must include from first to last:
1. Introduction, the name of the method. (You can come up with a name!)
2. Explanation, tell how it is used and how it intercepts messages.
3. Example, show an example of the method.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Practical Gorman W... on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:
If you want to be a special agent pirate, try to make your own secret intercepted messages and solve them! One of the famous methods is known as "Opposite Letters". This means A would be Z in the "Opposite Letters" method. B is Y and C is X and so on. The first letters become the last letters, and the last letters become the first letters using the method. When posting, your own message here, remember 3 things you must include from first to last:
1. Introduction, the name of the method. (You can come up with a name!)
2. Explanation, tell how it is used and how it intercepts messages.
3. Example, show an example of the method.
I just thought up another method! i call it, netters, :D letters + numbers, it goes like this, 1=a 2=b 3=c 4=d 5=e 6=f 7=g 8=e, and so on! either way, both are great codes.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
fearless robert sp... on Dec 31, 2014 wrote:
I just thought up another method! i call it, netters, :D letters + numbers, it goes like this, 1=a 2=b 3=c 4=d 5=e 6=f 7=g 8=e, and so on! either way, both are great codes.
Do your 'netters' and turn the thing backwards, so... like this;
Cow
to
to

So, cow is 22513.
That makes it more secret-y.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Moderators have got to be able to read your messages, so you're asking them to de-code it before they pass it on?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
The Moderators have got to be able to read your messages, so you're asking them to de-code it before they pass it on?
yes

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
...is so confused...

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Bonnie Anne on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
...is so confused...
LOL

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
NAME: None
You turn it into numbers, so, we'll use Cow as an example.
Then you turn it around, so a lot like previous posts so far...
THEN you turn that into letters.
BBEAC.
So Cow is BBEAC.
Try solving this:
I CA ECAEAIAEBBA.

A=1 Z=26

Ensign
Jul 16, 2013
I heard of some kind of code were you take a letter and you go back 2 letters so dog would be FQI. When you reach the letter z you go Back to the beginning of the alphabet and it would be b. Hope your not confused.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
I'm not sure this is such a good idea...

I mean,I already love cryptography as a science and it's my all time favorite branch of mathematics(with it being Algebra,Non-Euclidean Geometry,and lots of other stuff),but I don't think that a fully moderated message boards should have a system of encrypting messages,even if you give away the cipher,it still tries to disguise a message...

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
The Hoodoo Master on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
I'm not sure this is such a good idea...

I mean,I already love cryptography as a science and it's my all time favorite branch of mathematics(with it being Algebra,Non-Euclidean Geometry,and lots of other stuff),but I don't think that a fully moderated message boards should have a system of encrypting messages,even if you give away the cipher,it still tries to disguise a message...
Good point Hoodoo Master. I think we'll put a pin in this topic.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*