Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pets Joining In

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2010
Ok, first, I love my pet. Yes I only have one... Anyway, what I really love is when my pet joins into battle. My ostrich is currently level 39 (40 as soon as he finishes training) but I notice his chance of joining in is still the same as when I first got it (20%). It doesn't go up? Now I'm not complaining but, it also seems like my pet joins a lot more than 20% of the time. Can anyone fill me in or point me to an article on this subject? Thanks!
-Sarcastic Samantha Kirk, Level (almost) 15

Ensign
Jul 21, 2010
I found an article on Duelist that said the likelihood of pets joining battle does not change. Still curious about the actual percentage.... How often do you think your pet joins?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pre-update pets have the Loyalty title attached to them, they have ( I believe ) a 50 % chance to join. Other pets post-update can gain loyalty as a talent, these have a 20 % chance of joining. I don't know what the % is of other pets that don't have a loyalty talent. I hope this helps you.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Rainbow0839 on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:
Ok, first, I love my pet. Yes I only have one... Anyway, what I really love is when my pet joins into battle. My ostrich is currently level 39 (40 as soon as he finishes training) but I notice his chance of joining in is still the same as when I first got it (20%). It doesn't go up? Now I'm not complaining but, it also seems like my pet joins a lot more than 20% of the time. Can anyone fill me in or point me to an article on this subject? Thanks!
-Sarcastic Samantha Kirk, Level (almost) 15
It partially depends on the talents that are developed. There is a talent, Loyal, which increases the chance of a pet joining by 10% for each level of Loyal if I remember correctly. As I understand it, there is a base of 20% to 30% chance of a pet joining in combat normally. Pets that you had before the Advanced Pet Update have an additional 30% chance of joining you in combat. As far as I know, those are the only two ways to increase the chance of pet joining you in combat (at least until the next major game update where we might get new pets and abilities).

Ensign
Jul 21, 2010
Thanks! That does help! Final question I promise! I know you said it has a 20%, or 50% chance of joining but is that each round? I just feel like my pet joins more than that...

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Rainbow0839 on Dec 31, 2014 wrote:
Thanks! That does help! Final question I promise! I know you said it has a 20%, or 50% chance of joining but is that each round? I just feel like my pet joins more than that...
As I understand it, that percentage chance of joining is the same on the first round as it is on each succeeding round. I don't think it changes between rounds (if the update notes are correct). If your pet joins more, congratulations (I am a little jealous - lol).

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Old pets had a 50% chance of joining ONLY on the first round. With the Advanced Pets system pets now have a variable join rate, that is shown on mouse over all with a base of 20%. This can be increased by the Loyal 1 and 2 Talents. This now is an EVERY round chance instead of first round chance.

I hope that clears it up for you.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2010
Decius Duelmaster on Jan 6, 2015 wrote:
Old pets had a 50% chance of joining ONLY on the first round. With the Advanced Pets system pets now have a variable join rate, that is shown on mouse over all with a base of 20%. This can be increased by the Loyal 1 and 2 Talents. This now is an EVERY round chance instead of first round chance.

I hope that clears it up for you.
Thanks, that helps a lot!