Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rooke's Second Chance Chest not working

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Hey,

So I want to farm for Rooke's cool looking gear and want to save some time by using the second chance chest. However, after running his dungeon 3 different times, all 3 times I was unable to use his second chance chest that appears after the final battle of the dungeon. Is this a bug or is there some sort of requirement to open his second chance chest that I'm missing?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Was your inventory full?

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Developer
Alex Hawkins on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
Hey,

So I want to farm for Rooke's cool looking gear and want to save some time by using the second chance chest. However, after running his dungeon 3 different times, all 3 times I was unable to use his second chance chest that appears after the final battle of the dungeon. Is this a bug or is there some sort of requirement to open his second chance chest that I'm missing?
I believe we also tightened up the requirements on those chests-- you must participate in the combat to use the chest.

Can you give me some more information about how you were interacting with that combat and that chest? Assuming you weren't failing the new requirements, we may have a bug.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Ratbeard on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
I believe we also tightened up the requirements on those chests-- you must participate in the combat to use the chest.

Can you give me some more information about how you were interacting with that combat and that chest? Assuming you weren't failing the new requirements, we may have a bug.
I've noticed that if you aren't practically standing on top of the second chance chests, meaning you have to literally run into it with your character, the 'press x to open' prompt won't show up. Perhaps this is the case. Maybe the range of how close you need to be to interact with the chest should be expanded?

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Ratbeard on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:

Hey thanks for the quick replies!

So I did the dungeon multiple times and none of the times the chest worked worked.

@Bonnie, no my inventory was not full. I made sure before I started to farm the dungeon to sell any item I had (except for what I was wearing). Even so, when using other chests (like Moo Manchu's chest for example), if my inventory is full it just overflows. So I don't think this was the problem.

@Ratbeard,

All 4 times I did the dungeon my Swashbuckler cleared the whole thing from start to finish by himself and none of the times the chest would open. So he did participate in all 5 battles in the dungeon.

As for extra information, the only thing I can think of is that I tend to use Captain Blood's Jacket with Blood Flames which means my runs through the dungeon were really fast. Usually 20mins or less if I get lucky with the powers I get. Maybe me clearing the dungeon so fast has something to do with it? Aside from that I also tend to always kill Rooke first in the last battle, don't know if that makes a difference.

@MistyDragon, I wish that was the problem. Sadly though I did try walking in front, behind, on top, everywhere around that chest and the prompt would not show up.

I also want to point out that this is the only chest I have encountered this problem with so far. I did a Tower run yesterday and both chests there worked fine.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Has Rooke gotten even more stingy? Rooke are you fighting Jack and his friends this way that's not very sporting of you. You fought brilliantly my friend, but your cause is lost!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I just finished a run in the Trafalgar Vortex and wanted to report that Rooke's SCC is indeed not working. I went through with a friend who was there for most of the very first battle in the dungeon and the entire rest of it, and neither of us could interact with the chest at the end.

Ensign
Apr 25, 2012
This just happened to me and it is extremely annoying. Is there any progress on fixing this bug?