Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

how to get scrip

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 06, 2014
i know that you can get scrips from sinking ships but when i sink them i do not get scrips.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
626Eanostman123 on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
i know that you can get scrips from sinking ships but when i sink them i do not get scrips.
Hello! join with other scrip hunters and try to find boss ships or towers in the skyway. These will drop scrip.

Developer
626Eanostman123 on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
You won't get scrip every time you sink a ship. You'll need to sink lots of ships to build up your scrip account.

May I recommend you look at some of Chrissy's posts-- she organizes scrip-farming parties on a regular basis, and they are having good success.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Hi there.

Can you imagine a skyway,
As clear and bright as great Achea's,
Flooded with ships and ships,from September to May.

And then,each etruscan vulture is to fall,
Through my summons of the mighty Jinn,the Efreet,
And his flame being the death of them all.

Finally,we all charge on Captain Pluton,
and bring him down ember by ember,
and I do wish I could see his frown,
when he loses each crewmember.

FInally,all I get from sinking ship by ship,
is what can only be called,a bucketload of scrip,
And then spent it bit by bit,
pouring them into the wallet of a viscous squid,

This of course is to say that this evening,I spent some time in a full skyway with a bunch of people,including Paige,and I got a lot of Scrip.
If I remember correctly,I went from 125,to 189.Which,if we were in the test realm,would be awesome.

So...yeah,Ship scrip sink fests are now a much more popular thing,and this update might just get me to level up in Nautical XP.In fact,I pushed to level 41!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Hoodoo Master on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
Hi there.

This of course is to say that this evening,I spent some time in a full skyway with a bunch of people,including Paige,and I got a lot of Scrip.
If I remember correctly,I went from 125,to 189.Which,if we were in the test realm,would be awesome.

So...yeah,Ship scrip sink fests are now a much more popular thing,and this update might just get me to level up in Nautical XP.In fact,I pushed to level 41!
Lovely poetry there and congrats on finding the Pack and gathering that Scrip.........Not to mention that silly side effect of FINALLY raising your nautical XP .

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
I don't know where everyone is farming scrip but for me the drop rate is slim well it's nonexistent 10 ships no scrip I would prefer to pay gold or trade up from gold to scrip. This is in aquila can't get any farther away from skull island at this time. It said the farther away the better the chance. PS I love the cabin in the ships except they all look the same. No matter what ship you have same cabin same size. Other than that great update.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
demonic47 on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
I don't know where everyone is farming scrip but for me the drop rate is slim well it's nonexistent 10 ships no scrip I would prefer to pay gold or trade up from gold to scrip. This is in aquila can't get any farther away from skull island at this time. It said the farther away the better the chance. PS I love the cabin in the ships except they all look the same. No matter what ship you have same cabin same size. Other than that great update.
Have you tried farming the boss ships in Aquila? Captain Pluton is located near Talos and Captain Spartacos is located on the far side of Laestragon near the cliffs.
I've had good drop rates farming Captain Brocks in Marleybone, he's located behind Trafalgar Vortex. Even when solo farming I got a good amount of drops from him.

Ensign
Apr 06, 2014
Ratbeard on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
You won't get scrip every time you sink a ship. You'll need to sink lots of ships to build up your scrip account.

May I recommend you look at some of Chrissy's posts-- she organizes scrip-farming parties on a regular basis, and they are having good success.
ok thanks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
Have you tried farming the boss ships in Aquila? Captain Pluton is located near Talos and Captain Spartacos is located on the far side of Laestragon near the cliffs.
I've had good drop rates farming Captain Brocks in Marleybone, he's located behind Trafalgar Vortex. Even when solo farming I got a good amount of drops from him.
Just keep busy taking down mob ships while you wait for the boss to respawn. Combined it should start helping.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
Just keep busy taking down mob ships while you wait for the boss to respawn. Combined it should start helping.
Aye, aye Chrissy! Been doing that as well!

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
The Hoodoo Master on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
Hi there.

In one evening went from 125 to 189 scrip. LOL, and this is somehow "awesome" when items cost thousands of scrip? I predict he'll be spending many evenings trying to obtain enough scrip to buy even the cheapest item in the black market.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Grintch on Dec 13, 2014 wrote:
In one evening went from 125 to 189 scrip. LOL, and this is somehow "awesome" when items cost thousands of scrip? I predict he'll be spending many evenings trying to obtain enough scrip to buy even the cheapest item in the black market.
Little by little fills the bucket.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Yes,well,that's the point about Scrip,for it to be really hard to get as it yields great rewards.

Keep in mind,that 64 Scrip is enough to get me two times the cheapest item on the list.

Besides that,when the new update made it to Live,the chance of Scrip being dropped was increased,not the amount of Scrip that was dropped(at least,I think).The odds of a ship dropping any Scrip were lesser on the Test Realm than they were on Live,and that is something I do consider awesome.

So,yes,we'll all be spending absurd amounts of time sinking ships for Scrip,because that's how Scrip is supposed to work.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Considering the drop rate in the test realm was lower, yeah, this is awesome. And since even the mobs occasionally drop scrip you can get it doing the normal quests.

If he (or anyone else) is having fun sinking the ships to get the scrip, why would that be worth snark?

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 14, 2014 wrote:
Considering the drop rate in the test realm was lower, yeah, this is awesome. And since even the mobs occasionally drop scrip you can get it doing the normal quests.

If he (or anyone else) is having fun sinking the ships to get the scrip, why would that be worth snark?
I guess some people's definition of fun is vastly different than mine. ) I'd like to get a class banner which costs 12000 scrip. At the current drop rate, that would take 60+ hours to collect if I'm lucky. Now, call me crazy, a few hours might be fun but 60+ grueling hours of sinking ships is not fun to me. I love this game and I'm willing to speak out when I think something needs to be adjusted. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Has anyone used the smuggler's gauntlet thing yet? How is it at dropping scrip? I was considering getting it, but if the drop/payout rate is really low, I'll just stick to ship sinking. Would love someone to review the gauntlet.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2011
just got the smuggler's den 2days ago. Decent drop rate. Problem is getting thru more than 2 rds. All the foes seem like they ar set on critical, I ran thru 4 companions going 2 rds. Got 14 scrib. Seems like 7 scrib a rd. I did it alone so I don;t know if it goes up. Plan on getting some freinds and find out.

Developer
The Hoodoo Master on Dec 14, 2014 wrote:
Yes,well,that's the point about Scrip,for it to be really hard to get as it yields great rewards.

Keep in mind,that 64 Scrip is enough to get me two times the cheapest item on the list.

Besides that,when the new update made it to Live,the chance of Scrip being dropped was increased,not the amount of Scrip that was dropped(at least,I think).The odds of a ship dropping any Scrip were lesser on the Test Realm than they were on Live,and that is something I do consider awesome.

So,yes,we'll all be spending absurd amounts of time sinking ships for Scrip,because that's how Scrip is supposed to work.
That's correct...

Let's see... the drop % on regular ships went up by x5; the drop rate on boss ships was more than doubled.

Consequently, as the efficiency of farming ships went up, the efficiency of the Arena had to go up, too.

As the Arena already guaranteed a 100% drop rate, the actual amount of scrip there went up by x5 to x6 as well.

Be warned, though: Most of the bonus scrip in the Arena is pushed to the later rounds.

The Arena can be as efficient as ship hunting parties; indeed it can be more efficient, if you take along some friends who can pull their own weight.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Ophedian and Vulture crews in Aquila curse the day scrip was introduced, as it has led to a dramatic increase in their losses. Since the test realm went live I have sunk c. 60 ships while scrip hunting, including pure Captain Pluton probably a dozen times. From my experiments, ships (in Aquila at least) drop scrip roughly 1 time out of 3; the amount of scrip I have received varies from 1 to 12, and although I haven't actually kept track) the average does seem to be about 6. Pluton drops at a higher rate I think, although he can also drop a single scrip when he is feeling cheap. But with him, you also have a chance at some nice ship kit (I have upgraded just about everything on my ship as a consequence of scrip hunting).

Ship hunting for scrip goes much faster if you are not doing it alone.

I have run the arena six or seven times solo, twice as part of a pair. The furthest I made it solo was winning the first four, and killing boss 5. Last night Fiorenza and I won the first seven fights, and the amount of scrip did go up dramatically (230, as I recall). The Arena fights are very, very very hard. Your crew will be slaughtered. It is very rare that I win a fight and have more than one crewman standing - indeed, most often they all go down aiding me to victory. The Arena, as Ratbeard implies, is not particularly efficient for solo play scrip collection. But I do enjoy the fights.

One weird thing about the arena. Both times Fiorenza and I have run a pair in it, during Fight 1 I have four people and she has two for the first fight, but for every other fight she has four and I have two. Why not three and three? And how does it pick who receives three after the first fight? Incidentally, the enemy have the boss +3 when you solo, the boss +4 when you are a pair, so that alone gives you a boost if you are part of a team. I have no information about what it is like with three or four pirates.

-Indigo

Ensign
Jun 13, 2014
Ratbeard on Dec 15, 2014 wrote:
That's correct...

Let's see... the drop % on regular ships went up by x5; the drop rate on boss ships was more than doubled.

Consequently, as the efficiency of farming ships went up, the efficiency of the Arena had to go up, too.

As the Arena already guaranteed a 100% drop rate, the actual amount of scrip there went up by x5 to x6 as well.

Be warned, though: Most of the bonus scrip in the Arena is pushed to the later rounds.

The Arena can be as efficient as ship hunting parties; indeed it can be more efficient, if you take along some friends who can pull their own weight.
The Arena should be more efficient than ship hunting. It takes significantly longer and someone has to drop 7500 crowns in order to access it.

I completed the Arena day before yesterday, I got like 480 something scrip and another party member got like 502.

Is it random how much each person gets and then a bonus applied to that number or if you are knocked out, does that affect your total?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My previous post would have benefited from another good proofread! "pure Captain Pluton" should read "poor Captain Pluton", for example, and that sentence in the last paragraph should read " And how does it pick which pirate receives three companions after the first fight?" to be more clear.

One helpful arena tip: while you are sucked immediately from the fight you just won to the next fight in the arena, if you are very fast you can hit a potion bottle. It is easier to take a quick swig after the even numbered fights than the odd number fights, as the ring master blathers at you a bit after every second fight.

So far, I have had the most luck with my swashbuckler. It is that whole go-invisible-while- desperately-healing thing.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Admiral
May 30, 2010
One weird thing about the arena. Both times Fiorenza and I have run a pair in it, during Fight 1 I have four people and she has two for the first fight, but for every other fight she has four and I have two. Why not three and three? And how does it pick who receives three after the first fight? Incidentally, the enemy have the boss +3 when you solo, the boss +4 when you are a pair, so that alone gives you a boost if you are part of a team.

Your crew does NOT want you to be Pirate 1 for the arena. They are all sulking in their bunks (okay, they're desperately healing for our next go-round in the arena). Make sure you have as much of your crew available as possible, and save the heavy hitters for the later rounds if you can, because they drop like flies.

I've taken in my max privateer and my almost but not quite max swashbuckler. Privateer's crews survived better, but the swashbucklers got further along. Not sure if that's just that we're more experienced in the arena now or if the get everyone invisible for at least the first round makes that much of a difference. Healing is much, much rarer with the swashbucklers.

Don't pick a crew member because he has healing and expect him to be around to provide it. Just don't. Unless you get it off in the second round, he's toast.

Let Hoodoo Cornelius go plunderin' or keelhaulin' or something. He can't hit and he won't dodge, particularly in later rounds (he might have done well in the first couple of rounds, but he didn't get past turn 2 in the second wave of Skull Island baddies (fight 6) and that was only because he was invisible for the first round.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Chrissy has setup a calendar on the Stars of the Spiral Website which shows when the Scrip Pack is forming at Isle of Dogs Life Fountain, Realm = Vadima.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2011
I am getting good scrip drops from Armada ships around Sivella and Granchia.