Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Beast Pack Feedback

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 13, 2008
Hello.

I would like to leave some feedback about the Beast Pack Booster from the Crowns Shop.

I started to buy the booster packs because I really really wanted to get the Heck Kitty pet (the one that looks like a house cat).

I bought and bought and bought packs over and over trying to get a cat. To make a long story short, I spent over 60,000 crowns and never got a cat. I have crazy amounts of cat items for my house that come in the pack, just no cat :( With such a huge percentage of the pet items being cat items, you guys pretty much know a lot of people are buying the pack to try to get the cat. I really think that you should make it so that the cat appears in the packs more often. I sort of feel that spending over 60,000 crowns and not getting a cat yet is unacceptable.

I did fill up my attic, my bank and my shared bank with housing items (mostly tube maze pieces) and then still had to sell a bunch because I ran out of room, and I sold nearly every item I got for my main character because they weren't really very good and I had no space to hold on to anything.

I did get a single companion (one of the Apprentice Beastmasters), a single banner, and a lot of common pets (15 or so but the same 3 over and over), but I never got that cat that I was buying the packs for. You got to know people want the cat because of how many cat housing items I ended up getting. I know that they're random and the packs are there to make you guys money, but I just think that the draw rate for the Cat should be improved. I wouldn't have cared that I only got a single companion and stuff out of those 60k Crowns if I had just got the cat I was trying for. Could you possibly increase the draw rate on the cat pet?

This brings up another suggestion... Could you maybe make it so Crown purchased items didn't take up space in the bank? I have got many hundreds of items (I had nothing at all in my attic or banks before I started drawing and completely filled them all up and then still had to sell a bunch of stuff) from drawing these packs. I assume you want people to keep spending on them, and we shouldn't have to throw away stuff we spend real money on.

Another option would be to make the items from here stack if they are the same item. I have many of the same items over and over again. These pieces and parts should stack up on top of each other, especially the maze pieces. That way we could keep buying more packs and not run out of room to hold the stuff. I'm reluctant to buy more packs because I don't have the room right now.

I'd also be okay if we could purchase more bank space for Crowns. But if you're going to make the good item draw rates in these packs so low, we really need more space to be able to hold stuff since we get so much extra junk trying for the better items.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Mewmew on Nov 26, 2014 wrote:
Hello.

I would like to leave some feedback about the Beast Pack Booster from the Crowns Shop.

I started to buy the booster packs because I really really wanted to get the Heck Kitty pet (the one that looks like a house cat).

I bought and bought and bought packs over and over trying to get a cat. To make a long story short, I spent over 60,000 crowns and never got a cat. I have crazy amounts of cat items for my house that come in the pack, just no cat :( With such a huge percentage of the pet items being cat items, you guys pretty much know a lot of people are buying the pack to try to get the cat. I really think that you should make it so that the cat appears in the packs more often. I sort of feel that spending over 60,000 crowns and not getting a cat yet is unacceptable.

I did fill up my attic, my bank and my shared bank with housing items (mostly tube maze pieces) and then still had to sell a bunch because I ran out of room, and I sold nearly every item I got for my main character because they weren't really very good and I had no space to hold on to anything.

I did get a single companion (one of the Apprentice Beastmasters), a single banner, and a lot of common pets (15 or so but the same 3 over and over), but I never got that cat that I was buying the packs for. You got to know people want the cat because of how many cat housing items I ended up getting. I know that they're random and the packs are there to make you guys money, but I just think that the draw rate for the Cat should be improved. I wouldn't have cared that I only got a single companion and stuff out of those 60k Crowns if I had just got the cat I was trying for. Could you possibly increase the draw rate on the cat pet?

This brings up another suggestion... Could you maybe make it so Crown purchased items didn't take up space in the bank? I have got many hundreds of items (I had nothing at all in my attic or banks before I started drawing and completely filled them all up and then still had to sell a bunch of stuff) from drawing these packs. I assume you want people to keep spending on them, and we shouldn't have to throw away stuff we spend real money on.

Another option would be to make the items from here stack if they are the same item. I have many of the same items over and over again. These pieces and parts should stack up on top of each other, especially the maze pieces. That way we could keep buying more packs and not run out of room to hold the stuff. I'm reluctant to buy more packs because I don't have the room right now.

I'd also be okay if we could purchase more bank space for Crowns. But if you're going to make the good item draw rates in these packs so low, we really need more space to be able to hold stuff since we get so much extra junk trying for the better items.
.....Or you could just sell the junk items like I do. It gets you extra gold if you are low. But good work getting one of those companions and the battle standard!!

Ensign
Jun 13, 2008
If anybody reading this has drawn a cat, could you tell me how many packs it took you if you don't mind saying?

I now have spent 30,000 more Crowns trying to get the cat, and again, I haven't got him. So this has been about 90,000 Crowns spent on this one pack that costs 399 per pack - I've bought about 225 of them. With 7 items in each pack, I've gotten approximately 1,575 items drawn from these packs, and not one of them has been the cat I have been buying the packs to get.

You guys obviously know that a ton of people buy this pack for the House Cat, since there are so many items in the pack that are cat related (cat houses, cat toys, cat posts).

Could we possibly build up some sort of "credit" as we bought the packs that we could spend directly on getting an item that is inside the pack?

Say you do it like this - each draw you make gives you 1 "credit" towards buying items in the pack. You could then have a list of items people can buy with these credits. You can put the low end items in too if you want for cheaper prices. But someone who has drawn over 200 packs should be able to at least get a cat already... Maybe the cats could be 200 credits, and your ultra rare companions could be 300? That's still a TON of draws to get them. Maybe you don't want to do that because it would draw attention to just how bad the draw rate is, but this is completely ridiculous the amount of items I've got and I still haven't got a cat yet. It just seems like there should be some system that lets you pick an item from the pack if you have drawn hundreds of times. It wouldn't feel as if our draw was quite as wasted, since we'd be building up towards getting something we actually want.

And Warriorscreed if you are still reading this - I have started to sell off items, but since we're paying real money for them, they should make it so we have a way to keep them. It would be easy to make the maze pieces stack at least :/ Have you gotten anything you wanted from the packs yet? :D

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Mewmew on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
If anybody reading this has drawn a cat, could you tell me how many packs it took you if you don't mind saying?

I now have spent 30,000 more Crowns trying to get the cat, and again, I haven't got him. So this has been about 90,000 Crowns spent on this one pack that costs 399 per pack - I've bought about 225 of them. With 7 items in each pack, I've gotten approximately 1,575 items drawn from these packs, and not one of them has been the cat I have been buying the packs to get.

You guys obviously know that a ton of people buy this pack for the House Cat, since there are so many items in the pack that are cat related (cat houses, cat toys, cat posts).

Could we possibly build up some sort of "credit" as we bought the packs that we could spend directly on getting an item that is inside the pack?

Say you do it like this - each draw you make gives you 1 "credit" towards buying items in the pack. You could then have a list of items people can buy with these credits. You can put the low end items in too if you want for cheaper prices. But someone who has drawn over 200 packs should be able to at least get a cat already... Maybe the cats could be 200 credits, and your ultra rare companions could be 300? That's still a TON of draws to get them. Maybe you don't want to do that because it would draw attention to just how bad the draw rate is, but this is completely ridiculous the amount of items I've got and I still haven't got a cat yet. It just seems like there should be some system that lets you pick an item from the pack if you have drawn hundreds of times. It wouldn't feel as if our draw was quite as wasted, since we'd be building up towards getting something we actually want.

And Warriorscreed if you are still reading this - I have started to sell off items, but since we're paying real money for them, they should make it so we have a way to keep them. It would be easy to make the maze pieces stack at least :/ Have you gotten anything you wanted from the packs yet? :D
Hi there, I just wanted to suggest that instead of going after the Heck Kitty by buying packs, it is much easier and less expensive to just morph with someone who already has one. I think I have helped a few dozen players get the Heck Kitty and oodles more of the other pack pets as well. It only costs you in-game gold and a little bit of time and patience. I'm really sorry you had to spend so much Crowns (money) and still haven't gotten what you were looking for....I know that can truly be frustrating.

But in general, I would highly recommend finding someone to morph with over buying packs for a specific pack pet. It won't cost you any Crowns and/or real-life money....and you'll possibly meet some great new pirates in the Spiral.

I do have all of the pack pets (many of each), all 6 of the Bears and all the other goodies from the pack-- but it did cost a bit of coinage, and I wasn't really looking for one thing in particular. It always seems, that when I go after just 1 specific thing, it either eludes me or I miss out on or overlook getting the other goodies the pack has to offer.

If you would like to try to morph for the Heck Kitty or any other pets, I would be happy to try to help you out. I think I now have a close to 700 pedigree Kitty, so you can not only get the Kitty, but possibly get a Super Kitty-- Meowww! If you would like some help trying to morph for it, just post a day/time/time zone that may work for you (at least 2-3 days in advance to allow for moderation), so that I can reply and we can work out the best date/time. Or if you are on P101 Central, just shoot me a Visitor Message or Private Message and I'd be happy to get that darn cat for ya! Just look for ValkoortheVictorious.

Either way, best of luck to you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mewmew on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:

I got a Heck Kitty by morphing with a friend, sell off those housing pieces you don't want and are cluttering up your attic to get the gold for morphing.
You got a COMPANION and a Banner!? Do you know how many people would love to be in your shoes?
I've spent nearly the same amount as you and still no companion!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Congratulations of receiving a companion and a banner,it's very rear to receive two rear items in a pack opening.I got a companion also,but yet get a banner.That cat is the most wanted pet in the Beastly pack, yet the rarest and most difficult to receive.It's based on luck,some got it with a couple tires an extraordinarily rear luck and some like me opened lots of pack ( my luck is not that great ) and that cat still remain elusive.Best of luck to find the heck kitty.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Find someone in the morphing tent who has a heck kitty and morph with them. As for my luck, hearing all of you marauders say how much you spent and how litte yo got really makes me feel lucky. I bought 15 packs and got a companion and a banner. No cat though.