Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Yes Another Nefarious Five topic

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 07, 2010
I am just hoping that someone out here can please give me a good strategy for a swashbuckler to defeat these guys. I have a team of three (consists of a Musketeer a Buccaneer and myself a Swashbuckler) and we cannot seem to get past these guys. We have tried a lot of the recommended strategies in general...Avoid Privateer, group up on one person each round...buff...Hide...but the privateer seems to always chase us and charm us all before we can do any damage to their team.I am up for anything at this point as our team is feeling very much defeated. (I wont say how many times we have done this dungeon only to be defeated by the five) We did however beat them once (only once) and lost on the following level with moo manchu, but that was due to only having two of us in that fight...I appreciate any tips at all...Any hints, anything at all to help us..

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dragonkeeper1981 on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
I am just hoping that someone out here can please give me a good strategy for a swashbuckler to defeat these guys. I have a team of three (consists of a Musketeer a Buccaneer and myself a Swashbuckler) and we cannot seem to get past these guys. We have tried a lot of the recommended strategies in general...Avoid Privateer, group up on one person each round...buff...Hide...but the privateer seems to always chase us and charm us all before we can do any damage to their team.I am up for anything at this point as our team is feeling very much defeated. (I wont say how many times we have done this dungeon only to be defeated by the five) We did however beat them once (only once) and lost on the following level with moo manchu, but that was due to only having two of us in that fight...I appreciate any tips at all...Any hints, anything at all to help us..
I have often faced the Nef-5 in just such a situation ( a team of three ). You know that Josef will be the first to move and will Charge down the most vulnerable companion.
As a swashbuckler, are you using Fan or Sarah as your companion? I suggest using Sarah for this battle, as she has her own hide and two critical attacks, as well as her own buff. Share your Black fog with the others, go last in battle order so they have the opportunity to use it. Best targets for a swashbuckler is Josef or Jonathan.
Move any companion with Overwatch or Repel Boarders to the back ( if hidden ) so as not to trigger and lose the 'hide' too early.
As a musketeer, I suggest using Louis and not Chantal for this. When I've used Louis for this he was often the last companion to live through the battle. Use bombs and traps DO NOT ATTACK BEN WITH A MUSKETEER! He has Quick Draw and True Grit 3, and will just blast your musketeers to dust. Best targets for a musketeer are Lynne or Faye.
Buccaneers, I suggest Barnabus as the companion of choice for this battle Even without his shield, he was able to stand up to a combined attack from Jonathan & Josef. Best target for the Buccaneer is Ben and Lynne ( especially if they're next to each other ). Charge Ben and reduce his accuracy and agility. If you've remembered to use Leviathan and you have Reckless, Use against both these.
Extra strategies, don't underestimate the usefulness of these doubloons:
Glacier ( but use only in the first round of combat and ask first, so as not to disrupt a team mates attack ).
Hurricane, Galewinds, etc ( called by players 'push' ) Very useful to achieve time or save a companion. Ask first before using
Volcano.
Weapon Power and Critical doubloons, if you have 'em use 'em!
Any doubloon that summons a creature, this helps two ways - first it gives the Five something to beat up besides you or a companion, secondly they can be really helpful ( especially the Aquilan summons! ) Yes there's a risk of them being charmed by Faye, so don't use too many.
I hope this helps you.

Ensign
Oct 07, 2010
Thank you so sincerely for your help! We are preparing to go in using your strategies tonight! I appreciate those tips! Thank you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
I have often faced the Nef-5 in just such a situation ( a team of three ). You know that Josef will be the first to move and will Charge down the most vulnerable companion.
As a swashbuckler, are you using Fan or Sarah as your companion? I suggest using Sarah for this battle, as she has her own hide and two critical attacks, as well as her own buff. Share your Black fog with the others, go last in battle order so they have the opportunity to use it. Best targets for a swashbuckler is Josef or Jonathan.
Move any companion with Overwatch or Repel Boarders to the back ( if hidden ) so as not to trigger and lose the 'hide' too early.
As a musketeer, I suggest using Louis and not Chantal for this. When I've used Louis for this he was often the last companion to live through the battle. Use bombs and traps DO NOT ATTACK BEN WITH A MUSKETEER! He has Quick Draw and True Grit 3, and will just blast your musketeers to dust. Best targets for a musketeer are Lynne or Faye.
Buccaneers, I suggest Barnabus as the companion of choice for this battle Even without his shield, he was able to stand up to a combined attack from Jonathan & Josef. Best target for the Buccaneer is Ben and Lynne ( especially if they're next to each other ). Charge Ben and reduce his accuracy and agility. If you've remembered to use Leviathan and you have Reckless, Use against both these.
Extra strategies, don't underestimate the usefulness of these doubloons:
Glacier ( but use only in the first round of combat and ask first, so as not to disrupt a team mates attack ).
Hurricane, Galewinds, etc ( called by players 'push' ) Very useful to achieve time or save a companion. Ask first before using
Volcano.
Weapon Power and Critical doubloons, if you have 'em use 'em!
Any doubloon that summons a creature, this helps two ways - first it gives the Five something to beat up besides you or a companion, secondly they can be really helpful ( especially the Aquilan summons! ) Yes there's a risk of them being charmed by Faye, so don't use too many.
I hope this helps you.
Great stuff here. Gonna save this one for when my swashy goes through. Well done .

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
its pretty easy for me and a group of strangers but i always recommend attack ben first then jonathan then josef faye and lynne after a while on ed I GOT THE MAQUERADE OF THE LOTUS!!!! :D i was so happy and yesterday i was able to trade it to my buckler :D thnx kingisle

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dragonkeeper1981 on Nov 12, 2014 wrote:
Thank you so sincerely for your help! We are preparing to go in using your strategies tonight! I appreciate those tips! Thank you!
I'm curious, was your attempt successful? Did my tips help?