Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The little things

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
Ahoy, I've been playing on my privateer for a while getting her ready for Mooshu and I've noticed some small things I would like to have change.

1) Bloodbats should sound like bats and not like Scarakeets. They are two completely different species here! When you attack a Bloodbat it uses the sound effect to that of a Scarakeet getting hit. It just doesn't sound right.

2) This is more of a nitpick thing for me and probably doesn't bother others. I would like the Marchioness to sound a little more feminine and not so much as the Monquistador. To me they sound almost exact.

3) I really really do not like the sound the Buffaloons make when they attack you. It sounds like some kind of saw. I don't understand why they sound like saws when they are large round bouncy animals. If they had saws attached to them like some sort of cyborg thing I could totally understand the sound effects. But nothing at all makes no sense.

That's all. These are just little things with sounds, and although my hearing isn't the best I still want to bring it up. Maybe some tweaking can be done?

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
1) I kind of agree with you, but there are allot of different species of animals in our realm that sound similar when they fight or eat or breath.

2) I wouldn't really say The Marchioness doesn't sound very feminine as many females actually sound similar, also it would seem more stereotypical making female companions sound more feminine.

3) Well, Buffaloons are animals of The Spiral, a magical realm where some things sound like other things. Even in our own realm some animals sound like objects, i.e. Parrots can sound similar to humans(kinda).

I also think a bit of tweaking can be done for some of our more sound sensitive players!
Good luck with MooShu!