Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question about Grizzled Heart banner

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 31, 2011
I was able to get the standard in the pack. When I first used it I thought it boosted my pet. When I used it today it was not boosting it. Distance was no issue. It was also not boosting the pet crab of the hermit crab. The standard says that it boosts all friendly beasts. Can anyone confirm if it should boost pets and companion pets?

I bought the scorpion companion to go along with it during the spooky sale, and it works great on him!

Thanks!

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
Hi there!

I imagine what's happening is the pets are showing up after you've placed the banner. The banner will only boost beasts who are already on the battle board at the time that it's placed.

It would be awesome if it worked on them all, regardless though.

Ensign
May 21, 2012
For the beast banner, only pets/animals that are out before the banner are affected. Make sure all summons are summoned, pets are out, etc, then drop the banner.

Ensign
Jan 31, 2011
Just as a follow up, my pet has proved to be boosted most of the time but every once in a while he is not. I am assuming this is a glitch. I have not been able to have the pet crab from hermit crab companion be boosted yet. Can anyone say if this is a glitch, or if companion pets are simply not boosted? From the description I would think the companion pets would be boosted, but who knows!

I always thought the hermit crab was a cool companion but not really viable due to low stats, but thought this would make him worth it when playing a beast master type role coupled with his high armor. Anyway, if his crab is not boosted, I would like to make the suggestion that it is just to give this companion some more viability and play time.

Thanks!

Ensign
Jan 31, 2011
OK, sorry about the repetitive posts here, just wanted to say that tonight the banner was not boosting my pet either again. So...always has boosted beast companion (Scorpius in my case) more often than not has boosted my pet but not reliably and has gone several battles in a row without boosting pet, and has never boosted hermit crab companion.

Working as intended?

Thanks!

Ensign
Jan 31, 2011
Thanks for the replies! That is exactly what it was. I was putting the banner out the first move and buffing the second so Scorpius was buffed right away. I reversed order, and the crab was buffed from banner. It hit for 266 when it normally hits for 56 or do if there are no will buffs out. The Hermit Crab companion is level 52 just for reference. Again, this makes the crab companion very viable!

Thanks all, and sorry for the redundant posts above. Thanks KI for a unique strategy with the beast banner.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I have found that the beast banner does boost companion beasts and summons , including the pets from the bears, as long as they are on the field before the banner is placed. It's all in the timing.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey