Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Merchant Ships

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I have an idea for new type of ship. As you see in the title these ships are called merchant ships. They are very rare and aren't as tough as regular ships. They offer more loot and higher nautical xp. They also give badges for destroying a certain number of them.

Ensign
May 06, 2012
I agree all except for one thing... About a year ago, Kingsisle updated the game and along with the update came towers floating in the sky. They are hard and give very good loot. Plus, there are only a few out there.

Ensign
Jan 31, 2011
Actually, I think that is a good idea, but with one change. Actually make them tougher and have a new class of NPC called Merchant Marines that are on these ships. After defeating (X) amount you have a chance to but a merchant marine in crown shop based on realm. This would be a good way for those that like themed crews to get one more monkey, dog, pig, skeleton, etc. I, for instance, like the dogs and this would be a way to add a buccaneer or swashbuckler dog. I would certainly work towards it and buy it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
So, you want us to attack civilian shipping just like real dastardly pirate? There goes the 'heroic' pirate ideal. Innocent civilians have not ( yet ) become the victims of our pirates. I have no problem attacking other pirates ( Cutthroats ) or minions of evil doers ( Red Sash, Wild Bunch, Gen. Tso's ships or Armada ).

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Well, we are pirates. Besides, it's fun to actually do things pirates would do. On occasion.